The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xhominid The Demon Within

pretty much this. this is an issue with a lot of things though sadly not just DOA I don't how many times ive gotten into arguments about the difference between racism and stereotyping. people just use whatever word they think will create the most buzz and no one will call them on their bullshit, or at least not enough to matter.

its stupid too because its not necessary.i mean call DOA sexist and i will disagree and argue with you, but call it "far to perverted for its own good" and ill agree with you up down. the issue gets lost whenever i have to stop and argue with their dumbasses for abusing the English language and even though i know what they're talking about i cant just "drop it" cause its comments like those that make the game's issues look worse than it actually is. DOA is not a civils right issue so stop using words that make it sound like it is.

I can at the very least agree with that last point. It mainly reminds me of how people shut out Blazblue and Arcana heart and the like because it's too "Anime", yet completely ignore Street Fighter and Tekken BATHE in Anime as well.

It just get's completely ridiculous after awhile.

1). I was watching an anime, and my female cousin came in, commented on how stupid/disgusting how sexualized the women are, how they all have huge boobs, etc. I flat out told her that I didn't even notice anymore, that's just how anime is, it doesn't even seem sexual to me anymore.

2). That said, I'm more of an ass man. It is why I actually like the gym outfit on mila. Combined with her stance it shows off her ass really well. DOA needs to focus on asses at least just as much as boobs.

DOA needs a full figured female. Like this.

DOA needs some booty to go with the boobs.

Eh...I feel that's WAY too much...

all we gotta make TN know is to make the ass more full. They ARE doing a good job in comparison to DOA4, but they still have more to do before we get some real nice asses.

Chapstick

Mila and Rig were both unlocked together a while ago, back when 5U was released. Then another time for VF's anniversary all the VF's were unlocked. I think it changes.

Edit- On twitter they posted two mashups of the previous contest winners so I guess they haven't completely forgotten about them.

Last edited:

Xhominid The Demon Within

From This.
8w9m3a.png

To...
zxk8rr.png

This.

they made her FAT!

If anything, I don't understand Kasumi LOSING Hip there...

Argentus

Mila and Rig were both unlocked together a while ago, back when 5U was released. Then another time for VF's anniversary all the VF's were unlocked. I think it changes.

Edit- On twitter they posted two mashups of the previous contest winners so I guess they haven't completely forgotten about them.

Link to twitter post?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
No, it's on a rotation. It's the same selected characters unlocked for 2 weeks.
Last unlocks were Lisa, Ein, and Alpha. I can't remember ones before that, but Christie and Bayman were always unlocked together also (And Mila and Brad - I think- during that time). The unlocks for this week's is Hitomi and Lann Lee. It's always the same groups of characters they unlock.

Well, okay, the character pairings may be the same, but that doesn't mean the rotation is always the same. I don't know if it is or not, but I'm assuming it isn't.

CFW

It's in the same order it was the last two times... but ok never mind I'll figure it out myself.

werewolfgold

One of the comments:

"It's funny how blind the fanboys are too the blatant fanservice and sexism in this game. Name any other popular fighter that has a specific section for taking photos of it's female characters in suggestive poses, has barely there bikini and bunny costume dlc, has several beach games related to it where the sole purpose is to ogle the women, and the creators of it made Ninja gaiden where you could jiggle ayane and the other female characters breasts by shaking the controller. But no, this franchise isn't sexist at all. How blind can you fanboys be? There's no way you can possibly defend this game. Just admit that the game you like to fap to is sexist, and move on with your lives. No need to be in denial."

you-keep-using-that-word1.jpg
From what they are thinking about the game, "sexist" could apply. I can elaborate. "Sexist" doesn't just mean "discrimination in the workplace" or something. From our lord and master Wikipedia.

"Sexual objectification is where a person is viewed primarily in terms of sexual appeal or as a source of sexual gratification. This is sometimes regarded as a form of sexism."

Sexual objectification being "the act of treating a person merely as an instrument of sexual pleasure, making them a "sex object."

So, basically, if someone views DOA as sexually objectifying their female characters, that could qualify as sexist. The debate would lie in whether or not the ladies of DOA are merely sex objects or if they could be said to be something more or if the "sex object" qualities are overruling everything else. Thus, making the game "sexist".

That being said, there is a lot that this game ha to offer and it sucks that people only look at the sexy.

And to keep it real, when I do play this game casually with people around, I sometimes purposely put the breast motion setting to OMG and choose the skimpiest outfit I can when using certain female characters, just because of the reactions I know I'll get. Doesn't stop me or anyone else from playing the game seriously.
It apparently stops the people complaining about it from taking it seriously. But, you don't really have to care about those people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD