Community The Evolution of The Karate Master

Jaguar360

Retweeted. I'm honestly wasn't expecting and I'm still not expecting too many changes for Last Round, but I really hope that these changes are applied for DOA6. The 6P+K and P+K revamp is really important and Ein needs more tracking and safety for his moves. It seems that they may be paying attention some with the 1P, but I would like to see TN do more to buff Ein in the future.

Crext

Standard Donor
I have been summoned from the great depths, resurrected for the battle the last round will bring forth, both on the PS4, but also on the master race! And It shall be glorious, I have no doubt.

As for Ein, my main issue with him is that I feel his identity has slowly been slipping away. He used to be one of those characters that felt really fast and "I'm going to rush you down with superior speed", somewhat similar to what Kokoro or Christie represents today. In the void of his disappearance, other characters has risen to take his place, and now he remains a shell of his former identity.

I think the only hope he has for the future is to be come a Kokoro/Gen Fu/Pai/Fast char clone only with different animations. It is the only economical solution I see happening for him as TN doesn't seem to believe he is important enough to be made relevant.

Zeo

As for Ein, my main issue with him is that I feel his identity has slowly been slipping away. He used to be one of those characters that felt really fast and "I'm going to rush you down with superior speed", somewhat similar to what Kokoro or Christie represents today. In the void of his disappearance, other characters has risen to take his place, and now he remains a shell of his former identity.

I think the only hope he has for the future is to be come a Kokoro/Gen Fu/Pai/Fast char clone only with different animations. It is the only economical solution I see happening for him as TN doesn't seem to believe he is important enough to be made relevant.

Your perception of Ein is a little off. He's definitely been a dominant character and could be played aggressively to a certain degree but he's in actuality never been a "Fast" character. With a 10 frame jab, 13 frame mid and 13 frame low he's always been a mostly average speed character losing out to 12 frame mids and whoever's had 12 frame lows in the past games.

He's always been a character that emphasized spacing, punishing mistakes and smart play. It's just that he had the damage to match, the freedom to play somewhat aggressive if he wanted to and a system that catered to his playstyle.

He doesn't need to be a fast char like the ones you mentioned to excel, Hitomi isn't and she plays just fine. All he needs is tools to normalize him with the rest of the cast and a few boosts to what he already has.

Rather than changing his character type, give him a good crush (which he just got through 1P), a bit more damage, more plus frames on his guard breaks and one or two guaranteed setups and he'd immediately shoot up to mid tier.

Nightpup

Ein, to me, always felt like a sort of "GTFO" character. The type where the goal was just to land that one super strong 236P or 66KKK. No flashy combos. Just a single strong hit, over and over. However, it's become increasingly clear that DOA5 wants all of its characters to be more combo oriented. While I'm OK with that, it felt like Ein's identity was simply stripped away. He's not as strong anymore, because the game expects him to combo his moves. This is why I no longer play Ein. If DOA doesn't go back to how it used to be, I most likely will never play him again, because DOA5 just does not mesh with the type of character he's supposed to be.

xSA Mulatto

WOWZA it's been so dang long! Eins finally getting some love from the devs? I like hearing that. What stream was it that show ein in last round id like to check that out (edited) found the stream instant change with move and ill bet it tracks...now can we change that horrid critical burst and get back one of our best wiff punishes and return 4k to doa4 status? that's all i ask for please!

Last edited:

Zeo

Ein, to me, always felt like a sort of "GTFO" character. The type where the goal was just to land that one super strong 236P or 66KKK. No flashy combos. Just a single strong hit, over and over. However, it's become increasingly clear that DOA5 wants all of its characters to be more combo oriented. While I'm OK with that, it felt like Ein's identity was simply stripped away. He's not as strong anymore, because the game expects him to combo his moves. This is why I no longer play Ein. If DOA doesn't go back to how it used to be, I most likely will never play him again, because DOA5 just does not mesh with the type of character he's supposed to be.
That type of character sad to say for the most part disappeared with the old DOA. If not for the system changes themselves, for the massive 60 point increase in health.

But those types of characters live on through characters like Akira and Leon. Characters that can make you hurt with just a few strikes, and powerful attacks like 466P+K from Akira that make you wonder where your health went. The funny thing is that I always felt like Ein was a mini Akira with a different field of expertise but the same mode of operation in close quarters. Stun them and make them hurt quickly. Just that Ein's damage was tiers below Akira's.

Nightpup

Yeah, I've been considering picking up Akira. I know he's stupid good, and his damage is absolutely absurd. Land one GBoD or knee, and watch their HP just vanish.

Last edited:

JAG THE GEMINI

Couldn´t have said it better. It´s not only a problem with Eins´moves but the system of DOA5 doesn´t fit his playstile either.

Crext

Standard Donor
Your perception of Ein is a little off. He's definitely been a dominant character and could be played aggressively to a certain degree but he's in actuality never been a "Fast" character. With a 10 frame jab, 13 frame mid and 13 frame low he's always been a mostly average speed character losing out to 12 frame mids and whoever's had 12 frame lows in the past games.

He's always been a character that emphasized spacing, punishing mistakes and smart play. It's just that he had the damage to match, the freedom to play somewhat aggressive if he wanted to and a system that catered to his playstyle.

You might be right, but that was what he felt like back in the day in DoA2, and what I remember him as. I actually don't recollect the frame data at all, and back then I probably didn't play him as he was intended to be played either.

That said, 13 frames mids are not average anymore. It would be considered relatively slow these days. If he (and Hitomi for that matter) had gotten a 12 frame mid, the world would still stand tomorrow. However, maybe this 1p is better than what it visualizes as in my head, I don't know. I am awaiting the final product and surprises through command training once again, and maybe, just maybe, Ein could be viewed as more of a character than what he is now.

Ein, to me, always felt like a sort of "GTFO" character. The type where the goal was just to land that one super strong 236P or 66KKK. No flashy combos. Just a single strong hit

Lol, when you say it, that is actually very true!

Tenryuga

There is really no better way to put it. Ein is a DOA2 character in DOA5U where he has to deal with a 300pt health bar along with a nerf to stun launch damage due to the way threshold works now. I'll be honest I would consider myself an intermediate level player and I can comfortably say I win more matches than lose with Ein vs opponents my skill level and do decent against opponents above my skill level. The level of work this character has to put in to do this is hilarious. Dominate the neutral with him take like 20-25% health just to lose 40-45% from someone's guaranteed burst into powerblow setup. Ridiculous.

The 1P is appreciated; It was LONG overdue.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Ein's change log from the recent DOA5U Arcade Loc test. (likely same as Last Round's launch patch)

Add 1P: new tricks
PPP: Change in damage 25⇒30
6P: floated again grant of ability
(does this mean it now refloats? that's what it sounds like but alas google translate)
3P: Change rigidity difference during normal hit -2F⇒0F
236P: Adjust the motion
9KK: Change in damage 23⇒25
3KKK: Change in damage 23⇒25
Wall 33T: modified to gimmick is broken when the last of the damage enters

So apart from 1P it's just more normalising and useless damage buffs to PPP and 9KK which I'm pretty sure nobody other than new players and CPU uses anyway, interesting that 3P is now 0 frames on NH now though.

Zeo

Ein's change log from the recent DOA5U Arcade Loc test. (likely same as Last Round's launch patch)

Add 1P: new tricks
PPP: Change in damage 25⇒30
6P: floated again grant of ability
(does this mean it now refloats? that's what it sounds like but alas google translate)
3P: Change rigidity difference during normal hit -2F⇒0F
236P: Adjust the motion
9KK: Change in damage 23⇒25
3KKK: Change in damage 23⇒25
Wall 33T: modified to gimmick is broken when the last of the damage enters

So apart from 1P it's just more normalising and useless damage buffs to PPP and 9KK which I'm pretty sure nobody other than new players and CPU uses anyway, interesting that 3P is now 0 frames on NH now though.
3P should have always been neutral or + on NH anyway, this was a needed change. Aside from that useless damage buffs. Hopefully the 6P refloat means something for his BNBs though.

Disappointing but I'm too sleepy to go into detail so, going back to bed.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
3P on NH. :eek:

6P becoming a (slightly) viable juggle option? Kinda excited to go into training to see what kind of stuff characters are getting.

JAG THE GEMINI

Mhhh, thanks for the infos UpSideDownGRUNT

This looks so so.... Not bad imo(3P o on hit and 6P float ability!?) and 236P adjustment could mean it is actually a TRUE MID after 15! years like Hitomis so you can use that move now like it was supposed to. But no speed buff(4K) is really shitty and no 1K2K....:confused:

xSA Mulatto

so in reality they only truly listened to ONE thing we have requested and gave him a 1p.....but keep constantly buffing the ninjas and the rest of the cast.....fufufufu

Splendidsafe

I feel like a kid in on Christmas and opens his presents only to see they got a sweater. The thought was nice, but I feel these changes are rather meh. We'll just have to see.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Our Super Ninja bestie forever got hit with that hammer pretty hard lol

I'm just thankful we got SOMETHING, a little disappointed but alot more than I was actually expecting.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD