The King Of Fighters XIV Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
From what I've heard, they will be focusing on DLC later on March for classic costumes and character reveals for the future.
Thank goodness I really want these classic ooutfits back:
AthenaWinXIII.png

sie_kensou___kof_xii_select_screen_by_asamiya_kof-d9zj696 (1).png

CFW

This should be coming in the mail today won't be able to play it until I get home later tonight.

After playing the demo a little bit again I'm a lil excited to learn this game.

jecolandia

There is a poll for which characters fan would be interested in as dlc

The highest as of now are
Shermie, Chris, Yashiro (24%, 498 Votes)
Rock Howard (14%, 288 Votes)
Blue Mary (14%, 284 Votes)
Vanessa (13%, 271 Votes)
Ryuji Yamazaki (12%, 248 Votes)
Oswald (11%, 222 Votes)
Heavy D, Brian Battler, Lucky (9%, 191 Votes)
Eiji Kisaragi (7%, 155 Votes)
Takuma (7%, 152 Votes)
Shingo Yabuki (7%, 151 Votes)

http://www.orochinagi.com/2016/12/snk-is-listening-tell-them-what-you-want

@Argentus Vanessa is pretty high, she may be dlc

¡WOW! I didn't know about this. I hope American Sport Team for The King Of Fighters XIV, now they are in the second place of the poll. :) Thank you very much for this mon ;)

CFW

The good news is I don't know what I'm doing but the bad news is my fingers hurt this is definitely not a game for regular controllers (:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I tried Luong, her Climax art is impossible to do >.> I just use my boy Kensou, he's literally the only character I've played who's inputs sit well with me. I also use tung, he's a cool small old man and his moves are pretty easy too. For my third character I just use people I play around with like Mai, Coco, Kula, and whoever else I use for fun.

Kyo

I tried Luong, her Climax art is impossible to do >.> I just use my boy Kensou, he's literally the only character I've played who's inputs sit well with me. I also use tung, he's a cool small old man and his moves are pretty easy too. For my third character I just use people I play around with like Mai, Coco, Kula, and whoever else I use for fun.
Her climax input are double half quarter motion pretty much like Nyo's wind punish throw (41236, T) input or Mai's Hissatsu Shinobibachi (41236, K) but only in just double reverse (63214, 63214 LP+HP) you just have to quickly input it and must be timed (before third hit) after you connect the advance super.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Her climax input are double half quarter motion pretty much like Nyo's wind punish throw (41236, T) input or Mai's Hissatsu Shinobibachi (41236, K) but only in just double reverse (63214, 63214 LP+HP) you just have to quickly input it and must be timed (before third hit) after you connect the advance super.
That's all?? Thank you, I think I may have just over complicated the inputs XD That was my problem with angel's climax art but then I was able to get that down

Kyo

I'm struggling lmao I want to play Luong so bad but I can't even get past any of the trials wow lmao
Did you play the tutorials? If not, try it to understand the fundamentals which getting use to the controls and the game itself before understanding a character because this game is way different from street fighter where you just jump in and you simply learn the basics by just learning combos and the attack buttons are low and high (4 buttons) where SF is 6 (low, medium, high) and the characters are beginners to advanced which the characters you like may be a little hard or technical than the others (luong is easy) so like I said give it a try.

Reactions: CFW

Kyo

That's all?? Thank you, I think I may have just over complicated the inputs XD That was my problem with angel's climax art but then I was able to get that down
No prob, it seems hard for those who aren't use to original arcade display inputs because most 2D fighters inputs display are now images of the motion inputs where SNK games just stuck with the old school arcade directional inputs, but now easy inputs than it was in the early '90s. Also, if you're playing on a DualShock try using the left analog to input some of the complicated directional motions such as the double half quarter (41236, 41236) or shinku hadoken motion (236, 236 attack button).

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Lol, so get this. I'm up atm trying to do trials(I go through and complete 2-3 that I can do per character since most are too hard for me). I can't do Kensou's last two trials yet(EDIT: make that one) although I've used him since day 1, but when I do Mian's whom I've never used before I breeze through hers >.>.....
C2_hi8vWIAAGYRV.jpg:orig

C2_hkjOWQAATR1R.jpg:orig

....Is the game tryna tell me something? XD

Kyo

Lol, so get this. I'm up atm trying to do trials(I go through and complete 2-3 that I can do per character since most are too hard for me). I can't do Kensou's last two trials yet(EDIT: make that one) although I've used him since day 1, but when I do Mian's whom I've never used before I breeze through hers >.>.....
C2_hi8vWIAAGYRV.jpg:orig

C2_hkjOWQAATR1R.jpg:orig

....Is the game tryna tell me something? XD
Well it seems you haven't really understand how super cancels work and still having trouble with canceling your EX mode during attack startups or combos.
Kensou Trial 4: neutral HP, 6+LP, Ex Mode, 2 HP, 214 HP, 214 214 LP+HP
After 6+LP you have to go into EX or Advance Mode, but the difference is you'll go into a dash state instead of the idle stance and it'll only happen when attacking your opponent. You'll have to time your crouching HP after you go into advance mode. once your hit confirm you have use to super cancel your special which have quickly input 214HP214HP (instead of 214214LP+HPduring 214HP) to super cancel which you really don't have to use LP+HP since you'll be in a advance mode already so you the option to use a Low or High instead of the Low+High buttons to perform a advance super.
Trial 5: Its the same as the super cancel input, but you just need to do a Max after the super.

Also Try these custom controller buttons:
Square: LP
Triangle: LK
Circle: HK
Cross: HP
L1: HP+HK
L2: Evade
R1: LP+HP
R2: LK+HK
R3: EX Mode

There is also new DLC available now which is new costumes for Nakoruru and Shun'ei. They are payable and only available for Asia and Japan atm.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Well it seems you haven't really understand how super cancels work and still having trouble with canceling your EX mode during attack startups or combos.
Kensou Trial 4: neutral HP, 6+LP, Ex Mode, 2 HP, 214 HP, 214 214 LP+HP
After 6+LP you have to go into EX or Advance Mode, but the difference is you'll go into a dash state instead of the idle stance and it'll only happen when attacking your opponent. You'll have to time your crouching HP after you go into advance mode. once your hit confirm you have use to super cancel your special which have quickly input 214HP214HP (instead of 214214LP+HPduring 214HP) to super cancel which you really don't have to use LP+HP since you'll be in a advance mode already so you the option to use a Low or High instead of the Low+High buttons to perform a advance super.
Trial 5: Its the same as the super cancel input, but you just need to do a Max after the super.

Also Try these custom controller buttons:
Square: LP
Triangle: LK
Circle: HK
Cross: HP
L1: HP+HK
L2: Evade
R1: LP+HP
R2: LK+HK
R3: EX Mode

There is also new DLC available now which is new costumes for Nakoruru and Shun'ei. They are payable and only available for Asia and Japan atm.
Super cancels I can do, it's just Kensou's 4th challenge I'm having trouble with. after the first two blows I have room activate that EX mode but I always mess up after that point and can't get the final section xD if that ex mode dash wasn't there I could do it tho but I'll just have to come back to it later I guess when I can

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
NEW KOFXIV DLC!!
IMG_20170218_090038.jpg

IMG_20170218_090035.jpg
IMG_20170218_090032.jpg

IMG_20170218_090030.jpg

I NEED Angel, Kula, and Meintenkun's!

Also new stages and DLC are also coming, there was a pic of a silhouette of three new fighters as well on Twitter!

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD