The King Of Fighters XIV Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
No one said anything about Leona? She looks awesome with her hair down.
I looked her up, but I found this other girl who's DEFINITELY my type:
Athenakofxiii.gif

Somebody tell me when Athena makes it in. I'm in love. ♡_♡

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Lol, she actually looks like Honoka in manga/anime form. Cute, Pink-ish hair, school girl uniform and a little on the chubby side... Team Ninja probably had several inspiration sources. ;)
I got that vibe from her too XD Athena even seems like she'd be the type of girl to imitate or copy someone else's fighting style...I'll have to look into her on the KOF wiki.

Sammy-Fu

Lol, she actually looks like Honoka in manga/anime form. Cute, Pink-ish hair, school girl uniform and a little on the chubby side... Team Ninja probably had several inspiration sources. ;)

Athena used to be a lot more skinny in earlier KOF games. The biggest inspiration for Honoka is from the anime Love Live, taken from the character named Honoka but everyone here probably knows that at this point.

lovriv645.jpg

274095387-origin-1450450774.jpg

It's uncertain if they did take from KOF but if they did i'm not so sure how i would respond to that.....i mean, I spent so much time ripping on KOF as a child because almost every character they made was a rip off of a Capcom character, lol. (Specifically Street Fighter and Darkstalkers)

Sammy-Fu

So basically Honoka is a rip off of EVERY moeblob animu girl ever. Yeah, seems about right. ;)
Pretty much, lol.

Especially that one though....her name IS "Honoka" so you couldn't get more of a rip off, lol. xD

but hey, DOA is filled to the brim with stereotypes, good or bad depends on who you are, lol.

Last edited:

Sammy-Fu

Tastes in Japan are slowly changing over the years so i wouldn't be surprised if they make Athena more "Idol" like to fit in with today's standards of what an idol looks like.

I mean, those versions of Athena are pretty old now and that "Chubby" design is totally new, i honestly wouldn't be surprised if she ended up like a Honoka or Super Sonico....or maybe go down the "cute" road and be more like this-

45f1ad8ee067f46d207dfc2b4795c2141425572466_full.jpg

I just hope they don't go THIS far but since she is supposed to be an idol i think they design her to fit audience taste of today, those design's, It's a shame because i really liked the Athena that GreatDarkHero posted the most.....even though it's "Outdated".

Blegh.

BRG Choy

Yeah, I never got into the whole puni plush/"chubby" thing that has become common in anime since the late '00s, but that won't stop me from picking up Athena, because laming people with her is just too damn fun.

Argentus

FYI that "thicker" Athena design is actually her ORIGINAL design from her own game back before King Of Fighters. The skinnier dark haired Athena is actually the redesign.

I'm waiting for
Vice_Sprite_03.gif

latest

bluemary-stance.gif

Sammy-Fu

FYI that "thicker" Athena design is actually her ORIGINAL design from her own game back before King Of Fighters. The skinnier dark haired Athena is actually the redesign.

Not quite, the original design from Psycho Soldier is a lot more chubby than that

Notice the overly chubby arms and thicker waist in general. I don't really count this design much because it's absolutely nothing like any of her other designs, it's also overly plump, being the first design of her ever it's more of a "concept".

Ryu-SF1-artwork.jpg

Streetfighter 1 Ryu for instance isn't really like any of the other Ryu designs. shoes, Red hair, forearm length gloves, less muscular face and body overall.

Things do change a lot from the original design and since SF2 Ryu has practically remained the same since. Developers usually do that, the idea starts out rough and then they evolve it and stick with it.

(This is not counting charactes that are intentionally evolved with each game like Yoshimitsu from Tekken, of course)

Argentus

Not quite, the original design from Psycho Soldier is a lot more chubby than that

Notice the overly chubby arms and thicker waist in general. I don't really count this design much because it's absolutely nothing like any of her other designs, it's also overly plump, being the first design of her ever it's more of a "concept".

Ryu-SF1-artwork.jpg

Streetfighter 1 Ryu for instance isn't really like any of the other Ryu designs. shoes, Red hair, forearm length gloves, less muscular face and body overall.

Things do change a lot from the original design and since SF2 Ryu has practically remained the same since. Developers usually do that, the idea starts out rough and then they evolve it and stick with it.

(This is not counting charactes that are intentionally evolved with each game like Yoshimitsu from Tekken, of course)
Well yeah but her recent design is closer to that baby concept than any of her previous KOF designs.

Its also why most people hated her xiii design, because it was so moe and different from her other kof designs.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD