tumblr_o21d2qI1nk1slsxmko6_1280.png

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
grab this
then follow what Amaso said.
(you need to search for "bin" though, not ".bin")

ArchiveTool might also work, to extract the files from patch_13_catalog.lnk
But i don't know if is has been updated to show decrypted names for these.

Is there an easy way to know that the game is running a swapped file? Would be good before jumping into hex editing that I know I'm playing a version of the game with the "swapped" files I edit.

LolaGMODS

Standard Donor
Is there a link to the Irene mod anywhere? Looks awesome

You can follow the work of Irene on Loverslab, sorry no direct link since it include nudity.

SaafRats is the author of this mod, there are no release for the moment because this is a wip.

immi

Is there an easy way to know that the game is running a swapped file? Would be good before jumping into hex editing that I know I'm playing a version of the game with the "swapped" files I edit.
hmm, not really. The mod loader (dinput8.dll) only patches some data tables in memory, it isn't involved in actually loading the files. So there is no direct way to see if the game actually uses the file (aside from spotting the difference in-game, which is probably not that easy for the move data)

edit:
something like Process Monitor might work to monitor which files are actually loaded

or did you just want to verify that the whole modding thing actually works at all? In that case just swapping a costume or even just a costume icon (--p file) would be the easiest way to verify that.

//edit2:
amaso already sort of mentioned it, but for several files there exist (one ore more) updates. In that case you always need to edit/swap the last update.
so for example for Bass you want the file: BASS_UPD03.bin
The previous versions are completely ignored by the game.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
hmm, not really. The mod loader (dinput8.dll) only patches some data tables in memory, it isn't involved in actually loading the files. So there is no direct way to see if the game actually uses the file (aside from spotting the difference in-game, which is probably not that easy for the move data)

edit:
something like Process Monitor might work to monitor which files are actually loaded

or did you just want to verify that the whole modding thing actually works at all? In that case just swapping a costume or even just a costume icon (--p file) would be the easiest way to verify that.

//edit2:
amaso already sort of mentioned it, but for several files there exist (one ore more) updates. In that case you always need to edit/swap the last update.
so for example for Bass you want the file: BASS_UPD03.bin
The previous versions are completely ignored by the game.

Yes, I want to know that the mod thing is working I guess. Could you give me step by step on how to switch an icon? And yes, the game won't let me swap old bins, have to use the most recent UPD bin. I set like the first 100 or so lines of Bass' to 0 and it didn't seem to crash the game when I went into training with him and mucked about.

immi

Yes, I want to know that the mod thing is working I guess. Could you give me step by step on how to switch an icon?
did you copy the dinput8.dll from the doa++ folder (from lnk_reshuffle) into your DOA game directory?
(actually the one from the last release is bugged, get the fixed one here)

for changing the icon:
---------------------------------
- launch start.bat, select game.exe
- in CostumeBrowser tab, select let's say AKIRA in the drop-down menu
- select slot number 08 (DLCU_002) in Slot List,
- in the middle, select the line that says: 'icon: AKIRA_DLCU_002.--P'
- click the extract button

- select slot number 09, right-click on the icon entry ("AKIRA_DLCU_003.--P"), and select swap
- in the swap dialog, click the 'pick' button and select the file we extracted before (it is in the "out" folder). then click confirm

start the game, and in the character select screen the thumbnail from C09 should be the one from C08 for AKIRA

to undo the change: right-click on the swapped file, and select "revert swap"
----------------------------------------------

Doing any modifications in lnk_reshuffle will create a file mod.config in your DOA game directory which contains the changes to apply at runtime.
When running the game with the mod loader (dinput8.dll) in place. it will create a logfile ("mod.log"), which may (or may not) contain additional info when things go wrong.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
View attachment 19174

I love the old Raidou look - without DOATEC "upgrades" - me too, however those cat eyes are really a perfect touch for his devilish look xD

Right, just he's missing his scar :(

did you copy the dinput8.dll from the doa++ folder (from lnk_reshuffle) into your DOA game directory?

I did not. After doing so, loading up Bass sends it to an endless loading so I presume it worked :)

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD