The Late Shift with lopedo. (DOA podcast for the people, by the people)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheekyChi

Ermmm actually I agree with people should act the same online and offline. Just because its the norm, it doesn't mean its ok. Maybe from this point forward everyone should just act as they would if the person was in front of them - everyone on this forum is going to be perceived as a voice of the DoA community after all.

lopedo

How about we just communicate and befriend the people that we like and like us, while simultaneously not starting drama with people we don't like. PL and I have despised each other for years, yet we were in the same hotel room communicating. That's respect. That's a united community.

I, you, the person that will read this after you has a perceived idea of how people should act. World doesn't work that way. You can't train people to your liking, you can only train yourself to respond better. Doing that not only unites us, but builds you as a person.

Raansu

How about we just communicate and befriend the people that we like and like us, while simultaneously not starting drama with people we don't like. PL and I have despised each other for years, yet we were in the same hotel room communicating. That's respect. That's a united community.

I, you, the person that will read this after you has a perceived idea of how people should act. World doesn't work that way. You can't train people to your liking, you can only train yourself to respond better. Doing that not only unites us, but builds you as a person.

I don't dislike anyone and nothing really bothers me. I'm just simply making a statement. If you're going to do this then don't act like a troll when you play games online. You want to do a podcast and bring the community together but you can't just turn around and act completely different when you get on the mic and telling people to go kill themselves.

lopedo

So you're telling me that Arnold Schwarzenegger isn't really the Terminator when he's at home?
I do what I do for entertainment. If people aren't entertained, they don't talk to me. If people are butthurt, they don't talk to me. If people get to know me, they get the non lopedo version. The podcast to build a community has more to do with us not trashing the game and making an all out war on each other. What I do in private conversations is my own choice. And if people can't tell the difference between lopedo and non lopedo, welp..... :/

Look at the DOA community as a whole. Look at all the stuff that's been said from people, to people. Exclude me in that. Then come tell me that my self depreciating humor and insults are atrocious. People have seriously tried to emotionally hurt each other in this community. I'm just a joke that you found more offensive than funny.

Raansu

So you're telling me that Arnold Schwarzenegger isn't really the Terminator when he's at home?
I do what I do for entertainment. If people aren't entertained, they don't talk to me. If people are butthurt, they don't talk to me. If people get to know me, they get the non lopedo version. The podcast to build a community has more to do with us not trashing the game and making an all out war on each other. What I do in private conversations is my own choice. And if people can't tell the difference between lopedo and non lopedo, welp..... :/

Look at the DOA community as a whole. Look at all the stuff that's been said from people, to people. Exclude me in that. Then come tell me that my self depreciating humor and insults are atrocious. People have seriously tried to emotionally hurt each other in this community. I'm just a joke that you found more offensive than funny.

You're missing the point. Perception is a powerful thing. If you're going around throwing racist remarks and in general trolling on the mic, why would said person who just perceived you as a troll bother taking you serious in the podcast? You're not an actor on a screen showing different personas. You're Lopedo on the mic and Lopedo on the podcast and people are going to associate both the same. You mouthed off to someone on the mic, that's one less listener on your podcast and one less potential offline player.

lopedo

No, you're missing the point.

Not everybody thinks like you. The average person on the gaming side of the net is looking to get away from reality. Couple that with the age demographic, gender, and other various factors and you have a world full of people screaming at each other. Do a break down of the DOA community as a whole. Anime lovers, movie lovers, WWE lovers, the list goes on and on and on. Point is, they want to get away from reality.

lopedo is too extreme to be a real life human being. If I was full on lopedo in real life, I'd probably not make it to my mailbox because I "would just go fall in a fucking hole and fuck myself with your mother's toenail". See? That's lopedo. Anybody who is offended by this type of stuff is *shrug*. I'm uniting our community, I'm not putting a halo on my head to make everybody feel like they are the best thing to happen to it. There are a few people that are great online DOA "friends" that will NEVER go offline for various reasons. I alone can't control that.

The only point you have, is that I have a voice and reach in this community. Guess what? I got that by being lopedo. I kept it by being Leo. I'm either the troll, the tournament winner because of the stomp, or I'm a cool dude. But I'm one of those, and pretty much everybody knows it. I'm talked about by people I don't even know exist. And this isn't to boost my own ego, it's to demonstrate a point. I matter because lopedo mattered. And he mattered because he's a twisted psychopath that's just funny enough to be amusing. To some.

I can be lopedo, myself, a DOA player and eat a hamburger all at the same time. That's who I am. How people take me here, in real life, or anywhere else is more their problem than mine. This podcast and program was designed for DOA, and if somebody chooses not to participate because I'm involved, they make themselves out to be whatever I've called them in the past. And that's not my fault at that point.

system11

Standard Donor
You know what, you should probably try to shift this for future episodes so that it isn't 2am+ in Europe which is not good on a Sunday when everyone has work in the morning.

lopedo

The podcast will be automatically archived and stored. Blogtalk is RSS and device friendly, so you can download it to your phone/other devices and listen on the go at any time.

The Late Shift, key word late, is in the evening. In the future, if this kicks off, I won't think twice about doing a live show at a time that benefits people outside of the US. As this is the first episode, I'm tailoring it to be late (in the PM) EST time, because that's where I live.

But like I said, the possibility of me staying up or getting up early to get a few live callers from the UK, or just so you can tune in live is more than probable.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I really hate the term "on the go". It was a phrase pretty much produced by marketing jackals to apply to any product too shoddy to come with its own set of proper tools. Now as a consumer we must mimic this phrase in honor of those silver tongued highwaymen? Now that is a truly crushing defeat.

DoANoob

That was a very good podcast. Though I was a little late, I managed to listen and stick around while Kwiggle was there. Really enjoyable and I'd love to listen in on the next one. :)

ShinMaruku

Great start to a podcast. Personally my whole thing on how we can get to other places in the so called FGC is simple but will take quite a bit of work, we have to build up our scene and grow the numbers to where they have no choice but to engage with us. I call it the CS and Smash method. In the beginning they kept to themselves and with special care and some great incentives those games are huge and were taken into consideration to be added in the main scene. I propose something similar in the vein of what CS:GO did, we start building the community regardless of what the other scenes do and since we do have the ear of team ninja we can use their help to grow the scene like they have been doing, prize pots, events with a little kick back from them. Things like that, then with a strong enough scene we can break out.

petopia

One of the biggest assholes in the community probably shouldn't be spearheading this. Lopedo makes me look like a saint and I'm not a very friendly person. Whenever this dude gets on voice chat he starts mouthing off immediately.
I thought is was lord brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD