The new Hitomi...

synce

I don't think I've seen a direct comparison yet, so here it is

doa5hit-old.jpg

doa5hit-new.jpg

doa5-hitb-old.jpg
doa5-hitb-new.jpg

Looks like they rounded out her face and reduced her dome and ear size.

ErickBello

Well now She doesn't look like a Monkey with the ears, and the rounded face makes her look more Natural in my opinion.

d3v

From the initial videos, I thought they made her look more Asian. Glad to see that isn't the case and she still looks somewhat caucasian.

Orange Pork

Meh, I liked her old monkey face better. It was unique. Now it's like they moved the slider a little bit more towards generic.

RikWeaN

I'm with you on this. Sure, the Alpha version wasn't perfect and a bit clumsy, but at least they tried to go for something more unique. Also, having a retarded face kinda matched her personality in my opinion.
She didn't look that bad, especially on the character selection screen...

doa5alpha_demogameplay.jpg

Oh well, it's history now anyway.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
its weird ..
she has angles where she looks absolutely fine now .. and others where she looks like a plastic toy as if shes a minor upgrade from doa4 ..

but regardless .. im ok with this new look now ..

and to the guys that still dont like it.. give her the clown nose n we're settled :p

Allan Paris

I like the way she looks now and her jester costume is my favorite costume in the game right now. I can't wait to see the rest casts costumes.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I honestly couldn't care less that they changed her in the first place. She looked fine the first time out and she looks fine now. People obsessed a bit too much.

Kronin

Sincerely I like both the versions, the latter is more near to the Hitomi of the previous games so more "faithful", while the alpha demo build seems more oriented to a realistic face but so also more distant from the original model.

If something, personally I feel more decisive the change realized for the Sigma2 version of Ayane: the original model used -I don't talk about the NG2 version- had something in her face that imo made her appear a completely different person (here the comparison):

ayanesigma2comparison.jpg

Also in that case I know that the fans' complaints have convinced TN to change drastically her look.

Doug Nguyen

Sincerely I like both the versions, the latter is more near to the Hitomi of the previous games so more "faithful", while the alpha demo build seems more oriented to a realistic face but so also more distant from the original model.

If something, personally I feel more decisive the change realized for the Sigma2 version of Ayane: the original model used -I don't talk about the NG2 version- had something in her face that imo made her appear a completely different person (here the comparison):

ayanesigma2comparison.jpg

Also in that case I know that the fans' complaints have convinced TN to change drastically her look.

Yeah i remember seeing that. I thought she looked more manish and mean.

Personally, I think Hitomi looked better in the alpha model. All TN had to do was fix the camera angles. I like the new hitomi model but, now the wet T-shirt looks awkward on the new model imo, she just looks to cute to be sexy :(

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Hitomi is one of my favorite characters, so I'm really happy that they actually listened and made her look like Hitomi again.

Who would've thought that a developer would actually listen to their fanbase? First they brought back the 4-point holds, and now they brought back the real Hitomi. This game is going to be awesome.

MaxwellMouse

I'm glad they listened to the outcry. She looked wierd before and nothing like Hitomi. This new look is perfect. I'm loving the new look in general.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD