The NEW Stagger Escape System (the change)

What do you think of the new Stagger Escape System.

• Total voters

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
OK,
So when I first turned on the game, I went straight to Turorial mode out of curiosity to test what changed and what didn't. and the first thing that hit me is that SE wasn’t working ... at all ... or so I thought.

When I reached the section in the Tutorials on Stagger Escape, I realized the game specifically noted SE to be holding H and doing 360 rotations. And as the game states, it responds to it perfectly, even if you do it really slow it works.

What this means is the old system of multi-input Stagger Escape no longer works. (So pressing 191919 inputs or 373737 inputs to achieve optimum stagger escape no longer registers as 246824682468 and 264826482648 respectively you MUST press hold the H and do the 360 rotations or the SE will NOT work)

*PLEASE RESTRICT THE CONVERSATION TO THE INPUT METHOD ONLY, and NOT to WHETHER SE SHOULD BE IN OR NOT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

--------------
UPDATE:
OK...
After a huge extensive testing ...

and alot of back and forth with Shimbori-san, who was kind enough to respond quickly.

this is what happened.

The SE system is infact identical to 1.03a with one exception,
the multi-button input has been disabled. meaning that now the button roll method to speed up SE no longer works.
so whether you Hold H or not ... the main factor is the directional changes ... ONLY !!

There is no new SE system ... its just more tweaked from before .. to avoid the whole mash friendly factor.

This is why it feels alot tighter

Last edited:

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I honestly don't care either way. This is only unnatural to people who don't do it that way. If you guys have a problem with it, then I guess its your problem with it.

Long as I can do it my way too, it's whatever.

Berzerk!

I prefer waggle as I've gotten used to it, but I never liked the ambiguous use of buttons. I like that the new system is "all stick", and could get used to doing circulars.

The real issue of whether this is "hard" to do or not, is whether stuns are long/short based on the assumption everyone will escape. I'd rather there were simply less escapable stuns and they locked down the unholdable (sit down etc) stuns to a set timeframe, so that the advantage/disadvantage of key moves is very clear.

Some moves should be unstaggerable. Then you have clear parameters to balance against instead of this ambiguity.

Zeo

Seems like an unecessary change. But I was already doing 360 motions on the D-Pad so it doesn't make much difference to me.

FakeSypha

I like the old way. What I do usually is holding H and do 73737373, so this change is gonna affect me I think. I can adapt to the new way, though...

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
OK...
After a huge extensive testing ...

and alot of back and forth with Shimbori, who was kind enough to respond quickly.

this is what happened.

The SE system is infact identical to 1.03a with one exception,
the multi-button input has been disabled. meaning that now the button roll method to speed up SE no longer works.
so whether you Hold H or not ... the main factor is the directional changes ... ONLY !!

There is no new SE system ... its just more tweaked from before .. to avoid the whole mash friendly factor.

Akumasama

I get the motion part, but what about the H button? Do you have to press it once, mash it or keep it held as you perform the rotations?

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Akumasama said:
I get the motion part, but what about the H button? Do you have to press it once, mash it or keep it held as you perform the rotations?

It has no effect on the SE now.. not as before.
However its advisable to hold it down so you recover in blocking state at the end of the SE

Akumasama

depends what you mean with "harder."
Overall it looks easier/more comfortable to me, while it seems getting "perfect SE" is gonna get harder.

synce

Not sure I'm understanding right, in vanilla 1/3/7/9 are all counted as two inputs, but now they're one?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Not sure I'm understanding right, in vanilla 1/3/7/9 are all counted as two inputs, but now they're one?

Apparently so.

I can tell you that the way that I have always stagger escaped is no longer as effective. I literally could not pass that tutorial unless I did :4862:s

And according to cow, you don't even have to do a :4862: that fast.

Also, side note, fun matches last night. You were the first Momiji I fought online.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD