The NEW Stagger Escape System (the change)

What do you think of the new Stagger Escape System.

• Total voters

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
So what's the best/fastest methods and if there's not what are methods available? Before I sorta did random stuff which isn't good, I'd rather practice a method that's really good.

Omegan Eckhart

So what's the best/fastest methods and if there's not what are methods available? Before I sorta did random stuff which isn't good, I'd rather practice a method that's really good.
I just hold (H) and do two quick circles on the analogue stick and I get fastest SE every time. I use a 360 Pad though.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new system. It's great that you can't turbo out of stun any more but seeing as SE'ing is so easy now characters with awful SDS's are even more fucked when it comes to guaranteeing damage. Before figuring this out I could usually get a basic i16 launcher on a human opponent from Helena's new SDS which grants +16 on fastest, but now that it's so easy to SE I have to rely on it's only guaranteed follow up which is a mid punch.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I just hold (H) and do two quick circles on the analogue stick and I get fastest SE every time. I use a 360 Pad though.

I'm not sure how I feel about the new system. It's great that you can't turbo out of stun any more but seeing as SE'ing is so easy now characters with awful SDS's are even more fucked when it comes to guaranteeing damage. Before figuring this out I could usually get a basic i16 launcher on a human opponent from Helena's new SDS which grants +16 on fastest, but now that it's so easy to SE I have to rely on it's only guaranteed follow up which is a mid punch.
Welcome to my world!

Drake Aldan

I seem to only be able to Stagger Escape "Fast", not "Fastest". I am on PS3.

Doing it slowly can get me to Fast, but actually doing it fast is a tossup...

Cla

Standard Donor
I hate this new system because you don't have much control over what you do immediately after SE.

Like in SC3, SC4, VF4, and VF5... you could choose if you wanted to stand guard or crouch guard after an SE. To stand guard after SE, do SE by holding Guard and mashing 46464646. To crouch guard after SE, do SE by holding Guard and mashing 13131313.

Now that you have to do circles to SE in DOA5U... you're literally playing roulette with where you are going to be guarding after doing SE. SO MANY TIMES I have gotten caught by stuff I knew was coming after SE because I was unable to immediately crouch after SE due to this terrible system.

Also, because I want to come out of SE guarding, I hold F during my SE input, which tends to lead to unintentional Hold attempts, which tends to lead to me getting HCTed when I didn't even want to do a Hold in the first place.... -_-

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD