The Official E3 2013 Thread: You Must Login Every 24hrs to Post

Where do you stand as the Next Gen is being revealed?

• MICROSOFT

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • SONY

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • NINTENDO

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • PC

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Last Gen until the servers get cut!!

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Preparing for The Purge!! (someone will die, and zero ****s will be given)

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • "I'm too old for this ****!"

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Other [insert stance in thread] (PLEASE BE ENTERTAINING!!!)

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

R4712-VR88

You don't own your games thats the problem. Since the dawn of video games gamers are able to own your own game. Microsoft doesn't want you owning your video games. Thats the problem

Its like Itagaki says, it's a gamble. Gambling means that if someone really likes a game then they'll pay whatever the cost.

Koompbala

Its like Itagaki says, it's a gamble. Gambling means that if someone really likes a game then they'll pay whatever the cost.

That sorta applies the part that applies is your gonna lose money. What doesn't apply is the win part and not knowing the outcome. The outcome is decided while it will be a LONG time from now yes. The servers will be shut down and all your games won't work. In the end where is that possibility of getting that jackpot? I'm getting a PS4, but what I will do is get a X1 on black friday eventually and buy MP only games. That way I get my moneys worth out of them. When the servers shut down I know I wouldn't want to back to any MP games. That seamless matchmaking looks nice so I'm sure I'll like the online.

R4712-VR88

The servers will be shut down and all your games won't work..

You people don't even know that. Microsoft could say sometime between now and its release in November or sometime during the consoles life that they'll end having to be connected online to play your games or that they'll give you the lisences to them before the servers shut down. Nobody is optimistic about anything and that's the big problem.

DeathHand

Blaze is starting a console war? Glad hes on ignore then.

No you are not the only one people already creamed themselves over Mirrors Edge in here. I have yet to see people talk about Dragon Age love that game. I did not play 2 so I wonder what Inquisition is about.
I dont want to spoil anything important,so all I can tell u is, its about mages fighting against the templars for their freedom, think about it this way, its a world war in thedas.sorry but I cant tell u more,not without giving u spoilers about da2

Koompbala

You people don't even know that. Microsoft could say sometime between now and its release in November or sometime during the consoles life that they'll end having to be connected online to play your games or that they'll give you the lisences to them before the servers shut down. Nobody is optimistic about anything and that's the big problem.

So Don Mattricks response to online only is not something to go off??? That guy was a complete douche and thought it was silly that not everyone has online. Then proceeded to say we got tech for that its called Xbox 360 no where in there did he say X1. What is there to be optimistic about exactly? He isn't exactly a nobody he's way up there. As of now I see no reason to get one launch. Even if they change it though I'll already be on PS4, so it won't really matter either way. This is beyond a simple mistake or a simple oversight. With all the controlling they are doing it goes to show how they see their consumers just a bunch of money bags. In order for me to go back they gotta beg for me to come back after they pulled this shit. Prove to me again that I matter and I care. To think its okay to take away my choice of freedom does not sit well with me.

DontForkWitMe

zOWrYhB.gif

NightAntilli

I'm gonna throw something else in here. A bit less drama would be great.

"We're trying to do something pretty big in terms of moving the industry forward for console gaming into the digital world. We believe the digital world is the future, and we believe digital is better."

Mehdi made a comparison to the world of home movie viewing, where inconvenient trips to Blockbuster Video have been replaced with Netflix streaming on practically every TV-connected device. On Xbox One, having all games exist as cloud-connected downloads enables new features like the ability to access your entire library at a friend's house with a single login or loaning games to up to ten "family members" digitally and remotely.
----------------------------
Since its announcement, there has been some confusion over the details of sharing your Xbox One game library with up to ten "family members." Mehdi couldn't give comprehensive details, but he did clarify some things.

For one, a family member doesn't have to be a "blood relative," he said, eliminating the extremely unlikely possibility that the Xbox One would include a built-in blood testing kit. For another, they don't have to live in the primary owner's house—I could name a friend that lives 3,000 miles away as one of my "family members" Mehdi said.

You'll be able to link other Xbox Live accounts as having shared access to your library when you first set up a system and will also be able to add them later on (though specific details of how you manage these relationships is still not being discussed). The only limitation, it seems, is that only one person can be playing the shared copy of a single game at any given time. All in all, this does sound like a pretty convenient feature that's more workable than simply passing discs around amongst friends who are actually in your area.

Full Article

Raansu

Original_Xbox.jpeg

Koompbala

I already figured it would work like that cause currently thats how the family plan already works. This needed to be said for the others that didn't understand especially the digital part. All the hate videos bring this up and say we been sharing games forever. What they fail to mention is digital downloads exist so anyone in the country probably could be in your family plan. I thought that was a nice feature and the sharing a game with a friend on your list is nice because every game will be a digital download so they don't need your physical copy. Those are nice features, but still nothing justifies DRM.

D Glock

Here are the current packaging boxes for the new consoles that will more than likely get touched up before launch:

ZkfoKDP.png

YYSflL8.jpg

Koompbala

Unless you really love Halo and KI like me, heh.

Even if Shemue were to come back to X1. I love that series more than anything else. But one of the things I like about it. Is I can go back to it at any point in time. Funny how thats eventually not gonna be a feature. That's actually what I like about all games I can go back to them. I wouldn't rent Shenmue III for "x" amount of years. Just so I can go back to not playing it again. I would be in the same boat as I am now.

Keved

I was reading up on why Microsoft believe their online strategy will work & noticed this:

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Xbox 360. If you have zero access to the internet, that is an offline device."

Quoted from the article below:

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...y-a-good-choice-insists-microsoft-games-boss/

I wouldn't mind investing in an Xbox One eventually as i was impressed with their games line-up (Dead Rising 3 looked phenomenal imo) & I have never, ever owned an Xbox console myself but they aren't doing themselves any favors nor are they going to get too many on-board with smarmy behavior like that. They're basically saying "If you live in remote rural areas without internet access then either put up, shut up & accept, or play your 360 & stop complaining" Not the best attitude to have one would think if they're looking at people buying their console.

Like one of the forumers on that site said, I don't understand why they can't make it optional & maybe introduce an offline approach of authentication when inserting the physical disc of the game with maybe an ID or serial number so the console can still register it without the need of being online. Also, as another forumer from the site pointed out & being a collector of retro games myself, will all the Xbox One games i buy over the years actually still be usable in around five years time when they move on to the newer machine? Whats the point of me buying all these games over an expanded time of five years only to not be able to play them years down the line?

I don't want to ignite any flames or get into any console debate here but these are things i think about when considering forking out $499 ($550AU) of my hard earned for a product that will still allow me to enjoy these games when they eventually become classics. If I'm investing large sums of my money for a console, accessories, software etc i want to make sure that investment was made for something that is future proof & not something that will become obsolete & stowed away for the next best thing later down the line. Until more info is released on the matter & some common decency is shown to potential consumers who are still on the fence about purchasing this product i will be keeping my money close to my chest.

For the record, both machines look amazing in their technology & software variety but i am still in a pickle on whether i should buy one of them day one or just simply wait it out a few months to see what the consumer feedback is like. My gut tells me to wait a few months, besides I just don't feel ready yet with games such as The Last of Us & GTAV still to release this current gen. Anyway, just my two cents. Carry on lads :cool:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD