The Official SoCal DOA Thread

Commmanda Panda

we can show up early again if you guys want. i know you guys want that MR practice lol. haven't played DOA since wednesday either so i want some practice against MR too. @Carinca glad to see another person start playing this game.

edit: side note haven't been getting notifications from this. wonder why that is happening lol

Carinca

So casuals at P-lay as usual on Saturday. @Carinca we usually start showing up there at around 4-5PM.
Address: 2060 Santa Fe Ave, Long Beach, CA 90810
Free parking either along the street in front of P-lay or across the street at the local park.

Note: P-lay is also where we normally hold our weekday meetups if ppl are down on Tuesday.

Nice nice- thanks for the tag and info. Long beach is like... RULLLLL far from me ;P maybe I'll make it out there one of these days doh.

@commanda - thanks! I haven't really had much time to practice, but it should be fun. I have a whole lot to learn!

ModusPwnins

If someone else can drive, there's a very very slim chance I might be able to go. But I'd be on a super tight schedule since it'd be a Friday night drive up, Saturday tourney, and either late Saturday night drive down or first thing Sunday morning.

lol I'd be in for a serious assbeating as well, since I'd be playing my scrubby ass Marie

ModusPwnins

WNF at Super arcade tomorrow guys. I will be there tomorrow as usual, hopefully people make it out since I severely need to level up.

EDIT: I guess nobody is showing up tonight?

Last edited:

Vincent Rayne

yup. casuals tomorrow as per usual. been really busy lately so i haven't even touched my ps3 since last week :p hell i haven't even taken it out of my car trunk. also wondering if commanda panda could bring his PC that he said he was gonna bring last week. wanna try this streaming thing again.

Akilise

It would be nice to see some players in the 2D FGC jump onto this game... I'm kinda responsible for the KOF scene down here in SD, and I'm starting to branch out to VF and a few other games to "open people's eyes" down here, that there's more than MvC3 and SF... Eventually I'd like to get people interested in DOA5, 'cause I know it's gonna be harder to get people interested in the previous installment (the same thing happened with KOF)...

Anyway, sessions are being held here at Comic Odyssey in San Diego... We're doing KOF, Capcom games, and Soul Calibur 5, but I'm coming in earlier to showcase other fighting games worth playing, and doing some VF tutorials... If anyone is available, post up and let me know. Here's the address for those interested:

3400 E 8th St # 106
National City, CA 91950
(619) 479-0965

$3 for house fee, and they also sell soda and chips for like a dollar... Aside from that, bring your A-game...
Awesome I live minutes away from national city! I'd be glad to volunteer for Soul Calibur 5. Not really big of a scene for the game in this area. I'm still working on my DOA learning so yea.

Commmanda Panda

Awesome I live minutes away from national city! I'd be glad to volunteer for Soul Calibur 5. Not really big of a scene for the game in this area. I'm still working on my DOA learning so yea.
just so you know, dont know how accurate the info on that place will be anymore since that post was made in 2012

ModusPwnins

As usual, hoping to see people at Super Arcade for WNF this week. Always could use more practice.
And as usual, I'm always down to show up for casuals at Super on Fridays or anywhere else after 6PM when I get off work. Just post up/text me/ etc. to let me know.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
How're things in SoCal fellas? Also, have any of you considered attending NorCal Regionals April 19th for DOA?

Vincent Rayne

How're things in SoCal fellas? Also, have any of you considered attending NorCal Regionals April 19th for DOA?
i'd love to go but my money situation is definitely saying no. things in SoCal is still going about the same. it's just hard for us to get streams going on our weekly gatherings cause everyones laptops are too old :p but i plan on streaming this weekend if I'm able to have people over. I also got a new tv. makes streaming a lot easier than my old one because it's newer and has higher resolution and it's bigger at the same time.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I see, that's good to hear most of you are still playing together and hanging. Sorry I haven't been keeping contact with everyone, I'm just very busy (DOA and non-DOA related).

ModusPwnins

Can only go if someone else drives (cause I'd be leaving straight from work on Friday night, and would probably nod off at the wheel on a long drive) and I'd be there and back on a hella tight schedule.

Soooooo......despite wanting to go to level up my game, probably not.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD