The Slip Stun Thread

KING JAIMY

He does on the first one. The second is the same thing, except for the stance. Or am I wrong too? This is confusing.
How to describe this? Ehh.. with a slip stun it really looks like the opponents slips but the opponent has still has their head facing towards you. Hope that makes sense.

Corza

Standard Donor
Oh, now I see. Momiji cannot do this, I'm afraid. Guess I should head over to a trip stun thread, because the setup I posted is good, lol.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I think this should clear it up for everybody. Don't care about the quality, but do you mind if I edit this in the OP?
Go ahead but getting a higher quality capture into a gif would be better. I don't have the means to do that (until Last Round).

@ToKyo PewPew Because I'm a goof like that. God forbid I ever get these things right.

KING JAIMY

Oh, now I see. Momiji cannot do this, I'm afraid. Guess I should head over to a trip stun thread, because the setup I posted is good, lol.
The setup is indeed very good but not guaranteed. A slip stun is a specific type of trip stun which leads into guaranteed hits.

Corza

Standard Donor
The setup is indeed very good but not guaranteed. A slip stun is a specific type of trip stun which leads into guaranteed hits.

It is guaranteed on slippery surfaces, like ice or water.

There you go:
ir2848.jpg

Corza

Standard Donor
Let's try this again.

:rachel: Rachel: 2H+K, 9K, T, 6PKP (9P, 6KP against lighter characters, adds 2 points of damage) --- 86 damage

You can use 7P instead of 9K, makes it 81 damage with the 6PKP finish, 83 with the other.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Let's try this again.

:rachel: Rachel: 2H+K, 9K, T, 6PKP (9P, 6KP against lighter characters, adds 2 points of damage) --- 86 damage

You can use 7P instead of 9K, makes it 81 damage with the 6PKP finish, 83 with the other.
Very nice! I was thinking, is 1P a slip stun as well? If so it might guarantee the same combo or even 8K.

EDIT: So Momiji has no lows leading into slip stun? If so, I can disconfirm her from having setups.

Corza

Standard Donor
Very nice! I was thinking, is 1P a slip stun as well? If so it might guarantee the same combo or even 8K.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that one. For the sake of variety let's do it like this:
1PP, 3PPP+KT --- 98 damage, all weight class

I really don't think Momiji can do it, but I will do a thorough test tomorrow.

In the meantime, I found something strange. Hitomi can only do it with PP2K. You need to whiff the 2 punches and then you can do a 236P. Her normal 2K which is the exact same animation only causes slip stun on high counter.

Last edited:

Corza

Standard Donor
Well, I just edited my post to say that Hitomi can get a slip stun with PP2K, by whiffing the first 2 punches. However, she can do it with 2K on high counter. So what's the rule now? Do we only care about counter hit or high counter as well?

KING JAIMY

Well, I just edited my post to say that Hitomi can get a slip stun with PP2K, by whiffing the first 2 punches. However, she can do it with 2K on high counter. So what's the rule now? Do we only care about counter hit or high counter as well?
I'd say we should both care about counter-hit and high counter-hit. It depends on counter vs. hi-counter AND the move itself.

The rule should be something like this:
- Almost all moves with 'slip stun properties' lead into guaranteed hits on counter hit, except for some moves like Hitomi's 2K in the string PP2K, which only works on hi-counter.

Corza

Standard Donor
I'd say we should both care about counter-hit and high counter-hit. It depends on counter vs. hi-counter AND the move itself.

Well, beating out the opponent's move with a low is more likely than beating out a throw. Besides, the setups that work on counter hit also work on high counter, but not the other way around. It just makes things a lot more complicated. Furthermore, we would need to list 2 damage outputs this way.

KING JAIMY

Well, beating out the opponent's move with a low is more likely than beating out a throw. Besides, the setups that work on counter hit also work on high counter, but not the other way around. It just makes things a lot more complicated. Furthermore, we would need to list 2 damage outputs this way.
You're right. It wasn't actually my intention to list damage outputs unless people brought them along with their setups. So there are specific hi-counter setups for a slip stun and that means hi-counter has 'priority' in setups.

Maybe we should test out setups for Momiji on hi-counter and see if she can land a slip stun or test out hi-counter setups for the disconfirmed characters.

Corza

Standard Donor
I will do that, but first:

:nyotengu: Nyotengu: 2H+KK-P+K, PK, T --- 91 damage, all weight class
BT 2P, 3P, 8PPP-P+K, P+K --- 79 damage, all weight class

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD