The Slip Stun Thread

Corza

Standard Donor
Nice guaranteed follow-ups. I'm sure we can make combos with these follow-ups as well. With this I mean sample combos, not all possible combos of course. ;)

I'm not sure if it's worth creating sample combos with anything else other than 8P and 8K, because even though, let's say, 44P8 is guaranteed, the follow-ups (Uzukaze P and K) can be held.

Unfortunately, the only universal option is the 6PKKP juggle. You can only do 3P4P, 6PKP on light and midweights.

Edit: There's one more setup you can use on all weight classes:

2H+K, 8K, 1PK --- 65 damage

KING JAIMY

I'm not sure if it's worth creating sample combos with anything else other than 8P and 8K, because even though, let's say, 44P8 is guaranteed, the follow-ups (Uzukaze P and K) can be held.

Unfortunately, the only universal option is the 6PKKP juggle. You can only do 3P4P, 6PKP on light and midweights.
Not a problem at all. If it's not guaranteed I'll mention it (see Eliot, for example). If I don't mention something, it's guaranteed which it is for a lot of setups.

And about the juggle: 3P4PP - 6PKP works on all but four characters (Bass, Rachel, Bayman, Leon) so it's not that big of a deal.

Corza

Standard Donor
And about the juggle: 3P4PP - 6PKP works on all but four characters (Bass, Rachel, Bayman, Leon) so it's not that big of a deal.

Actually, it doesn't work on Gen Fu and Helena either. I don't remember which patch changed it, but 3P4P and 6PK are no longer interchangeable. You can do 6PK-6PKP on them, but not 3P4P-6PKP. :/

KING JAIMY

Actually, it doesn't work on Gen Fu and Helena either. I don't remember which patch changed it, but 3P4P and 6PK are no longer interchangeable. You can do 6PK-6PKP on them, but not 3P4P-6PKP. :/
Good to know, but it still doesn't matter in the end it's the same damage output.

KING JAIMY

NEW!

- Expanded setups for Ayane.
- Expanded setups for Momiji.
- Expanded setups for Kasumi.
- Expanded setups for Nyotengu.

- Added in setups for Kokoro.
- Added in setups for Jann Lee.
- Added in setups for Helena.
- Added in setups for Lei Fang.
- Added in setups for Sarah.
- Added in setups for Lisa.

Thread is now up to date.

Corza

Standard Donor
She has one unconfirmed setup. Only characters which setups are all confirmed are turned green (see color coding)

Oh, I thought it meant the character has guaranteed setups after slip stun. The meaning must've changed since the opening post. :D

KING JAIMY

Oh, I thought it meant the character has guaranteed setups after slip stun. The meaning must've changed since the opening post. :D
Green = all setups confirmed
Orange = some setups confirmed others not OR unknown if (s)he has setups.
Red = Character has no guaranteed follow-ups, whether (s)he has a slip stun or not.

I've only changed the meaning of 'red' in the meantime, previously it was:

Red = Characters has no slip stuns (not including trip stuns)

Corza

Standard Donor
Okay, so here's the missing link: 1P is Kokoro's best move for slip stun, it gives her +25 on fastest SE, sample combo would be:
1P, 7K, BT 4P, 2KP --- 63 damage, all weight classes

6P+K = +22
2K = +22
2H+K = +9

One interesting thing: She can get a slip stun on normal hit, like this: 236T-2P (+25)

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

:alpha152:
She only has 2 trip stuns: (advantage on fastest SE)
2K: +26
2H+K: +2
Only 1 guaranteed follow up, which is the second K of 2KK.

Corza

Standard Donor
More setups for Ein :ein:
2H+K (+20), 4H+K, BT P --- 69 damage, all weight classes
2H+K, 4H+K, BT 2KP --- 66 damage, all weight classes

And one for Tina :tina:
1P, H+K, 8P, 2T --- 70 damage, all weight classes

And another for Rachel :rachel:
2/8P+KK, 9K, PPK --- 71 damage, all weight classes

Old fart :genfu:
2K, 64P, 16P --- 60 damage, all weight classes

Last edited:

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Sooo ... since I had nothing to do and know that people are lazy and won't take a look at the Phase forums, I re-checked what kind of damage Phase can get of her 2K trip stun.

So far, I've found the following juggles that are used after an immediate launch (which is what you want to go for with her), either with 33K or 4K (both guaranteed to hit):

Featherweight: 2K > 4K chifu K 8K tenfu P PPP chifu P (120 dmg)
Lightweight/Featherweight: 2K > 4K chifu K tenfu P 8K tenfu T (107)
Lightweight/Midweight: 2K > 4K chifu K tenfu P PPP chifu P (96)
Heavyweight: 2K > 4K chifu K tenfu T (83)

Featherweight: 2K > 33K 4P 4K chifu K tenfu T (108)
Lightweight: 2K > 33K 8K tenfu P 8K tenfu T (104)
Midweight: 2K > 33K 4K chifu K tenfu P 6PK (100)
Heavyweight: 2K > 33K 4K chifu K tenfu T (96)

Damage from 7K launch is meh, so I won't recommend using that. As said, 1PP and 33P launchers are not guaranteed.

All damage values from counterhit+ settings.

KING JAIMY

Okay, so here's the missing link: 1P is Kokoro's best move for slip stun, it gives her +25 on fastest SE, sample combo would be:
1P, 7K, BT 4P, 2KP --- 63 damage, all weight classes

6P+K = +22
2K = +22
2H+K = +9

One interesting thing: She can get a slip stun on normal hit, like this: 236T-2P (+25)
Kokoro setup added. As well as two of my own setups. Now on to Ein, Alpha, Phase, etc. ;)

KING JAIMY

All damage values from counterhit+ settings.

What do you mean by this? Hi-Counter hit? I re-checked and the values are from Hi-Counter. Not sure if that was your intention.

EDIT: I found something strange. It concerns your 33K combo on featherweight.

On counter hit the damage value of your combo is:
2K - 33K - 4K.P+K - Chifu K.P+K - Tenfu T --> 94 damage

I found an alternative to your suggested combo using 33K on featherweight. This is the combo with damage on Counter Hit:
2K - 33K - 4K.P+K - Chifu K.P+K - Tenfu P - 3P.P+K - Chifu P --> 92 damage

As you can see, the damage on your suggested combo is higher on Counter Hit.

Now let's consider both combos on Hi-Counter Hit. These are the damage outputs:

2K - 33K - 4K.P+K - Chifu K.P+K - Tenfu T --> 108 damage
2K - 33K - 4K.P+K - Chifu K.P+K - Tenfu P - 3P.P+K - Chifu P --> 111 damage

Strange that on Hi-Counter Hit my suggested combo deals more damage, eh?

Also: I found a better substitute for your 33K middleweight combo that does more damage on counter hit. But maybe it does more on hi-counter like the previous situation?

Last edited:

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
What do you mean by this? Hi-Counter hit? I re-checked and the values are from Hi-Counter. Not sure if that was your intention.

Yeah sorry, I meant Hi-Counter.

I remembered that there were some differences between counterhit and Hi-counterhit, that's why I sticked to one type while testing this.

Also, I did not claim that the combos I posted are max damage since I'm actually not the someone who's going to spend ages in the dojo to find the last possible point of damage. However, if there are some that deal more, it's needless to say that you might add these instead of mine to fulfill the purpose of this thread. You may have to differ between counterhit and Hi-counterhit then.

KING JAIMY

Yeah sorry, I meant Hi-Counter.

I remembered that there were some differences between counterhit and Hi-counterhit, that's why I sticked to one type while testing this.

Also, I did not claim that the combos I posted are max damage since I'm actually not the someone who's going to spend ages in the dojo to find the last possible point of damage. However, if there are some that deal more, it's needless to say that you might add these instead of mine to fulfill the purpose of this thread. You may have to differ between counterhit and Hi-counterhit then.
You're right. The damage difference is so minuscule that it doesn't even matter. I'd rather go for an easy-timing combo with a little less damage than a hard-timing combo with like three points more damage. I will keep it the way it is now.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD