The Uncharted Thread

Jadeinchains

Lol @ShinobiGuy I wouldn't bet on it. :p I think I've got too much of a head start at this point. ;)

It's been amazing so far by the way but I'm pretty sure I'll be completing it today, still good to see Tyaren and Grunt have completed it already so at least I'm not the first!

Jadeinchains

That's me finished the game! :D ( And before you say anything Tyaren, Yes I did take my time and did every side thing I could not to mention it actually took be 10+ to complete the game. Anyway now I guess I should give an overview on how I felt about the game!

So non spoiler views first - This game is amazing! That's the first thing lol. Imo it's UCLL ----------------> UC4. I definitely preferred this game to UC4 but I still enjoyed UC4 too this one was just better to me. The story was amazing, It had serious moments, funny moments and the characters were great too. I loved Chloe and Nadine's little teases at each other during it. And like I was saying the graphics were amazing as well.

There's not much I can say without going into spoilers though so now I will.

In this spoiler is actual game spoilers including the ending so... Don't open If you haven't completed it!!!
So this isn't going to be perfect and in order because I only just completed the game but I'm just going to randomly say what I felt about things. :p Okay so Nadine's story continuing from UC4 was great I liked seeing her move on from her work with shoreline and I actually didn't remember Orca surviving in UC4 but oh well. I liked her new outfit too, Pretty plain but I liked her ponytail. I also loved her little "Why would you wear red in a combat situation in a jungle" thing to Chloe. :p Oh my god lol and her laughing at Chloe for being in a relationship with Nathan! XD

This was my first game seeing Chloe so I didn't know what to expect with her but this game made me really like her. Definitely a lot more than Nathan... I loved that they explained what was going on with her and her Father. Her and Nadine really paired up nicely and it's cool they became partners in the end.

And then Sam suddenly turned up! :eek: I wasn't expecting him to appear at all. I'll admit he really tested my patience when he turned up lol. I was enjoying it just being Nadine and Chloe and then here comes Sam saying a one liner every second... But he was okay and I'm happy it still focused on Nadine and Chloe.

And wow it really took a turn at the end of the game. Not only did they successfully get what they went there for and are probably gonna make a lot of money but they also managed to stop a huge terrorist attack too! And the ending credits with the cute little cartoon versions of them were amazing, that was awesome and the little end scene of them eating pizza with the girl. ( The second Chloe told her she'd get her pizza at the start I knew they'd show it. ;)

I'm trying to think of other little things I liked but I liked so many of the little random things that happened. Oh like when Nadine mentioned searching on wikipedia lol! Small little things like that I really liked. :D

But anyway yeah this game was amazing, I almost have all the treasures too so I'm gonna go get the rest of those now! :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
That's me finished the game! :D ( And before you say anything Tyaren, Yes I did take my time and did every side thing I could not to mention it actually took be 10+ to complete the game. Anyway now I guess I should give an overview on how I felt about the game!

So non spoiler views first - This game is amazing! That's the first thing lol. Imo it's UCLL ----------------> UC4. I definitely preferred this game to UC4 but I still enjoyed UC4 too this one was just better to me. The story was amazing, It had serious moments, funny moments and the characters were great too. I loved Chloe and Nadine's little teases at each other during it. And like I was saying the graphics were amazing as well.

There's not much I can say without going into spoilers though so now I will.

In this spoiler is actual game spoilers including the ending so... Don't open If you haven't completed it!!!
So this isn't going to be perfect and in order because I only just completed the game but I'm just going to randomly say what I felt about things. :p Okay so Nadine's story continuing from UC4 was great I liked seeing her move on from her work with shoreline and I actually didn't remember Orca surviving in UC4 but oh well. I liked her new outfit too, Pretty plain but I liked her ponytail. I also loved her little "Why would you wear red in a combat situation in a jungle" thing to Chloe. :p Oh my god lol and her laughing at Chloe for being in a relationship with Nathan! XD

This was my first game seeing Chloe so I didn't know what to expect with her but this game made me really like her. Definitely a lot more than Nathan... I loved that they explained what was going on with her and her Father. Her and Nadine really paired up nicely and it's cool they became partners in the end.

And then Sam suddenly turned up! :eek: I wasn't expecting him to appear at all. I'll admit he really tested my patience when he turned up lol. I was enjoying it just being Nadine and Chloe and then here comes Sam saying a one liner every second... But he was okay and I'm happy it still focused on Nadine and Chloe.

And wow it really took a turn at the end of the game. Not only did they successfully get what they went there for and are probably gonna make a lot of money but they also managed to stop a huge terrorist attack too! And the ending credits with the cute little cartoon versions of them were amazing, that was awesome and the little end scene of them eating pizza with the girl. ( The second Chloe told her she'd get her pizza at the start I knew they'd show it. ;)

I'm trying to think of other little things I liked but I liked so many of the little random things that happened. Oh like when Nadine mentioned searching on wikipedia lol! Small little things like that I really liked. :D

But anyway yeah this game was amazing, I almost have all the treasures too so I'm gonna go get the rest of those now! :)

Hey, that's a great little review. :) I'm glad you liked the game. Aaaand another game I urged you to get that you greatly enjoyed. I'm good at this.

1465999176-throwing-hair-bakc.gif

I'll say a little something about your spoiler section:
Yeah, those little bits of breaking the 4th wall Naughty Dog is really good at. Do you also recall when they were pushing crates in the first chapter, then that accident happens and Nadine says they'll avoid crates from now on and when Sam joins the group in the end he of course finds a crate and they remark on that? You probably have not followed UC4's reviews and overall reception, but the crate pushing thing was one of the most criticized parts of UC4. Naughty Dog took this to heart, almost completely avoided that in TLL and made a little quib at themselves. Brilliant! XD
I by the way also knew they were going to end up eating pizza together. I was just wondering if Nadine would be with Chloe and the little girl...and fortunately she was. I was glad they became partners and friends in the end.
Sam by the way came out of the blue for me too. I wouldn't have guessed he would end up in this game.

The most important question you didn't answer.:
Did you take many photos? o__O

UpSideDownGRUNT

I really enjoyed the game, It's definitely one of my favourite Uncharted games. I can say having played all the Uncharted games except the Vita game Lost Legacy is defintely up there with Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 4.
Sam was actually spoiled in a YouTube thumbnail for me... WELP! So was Orca and Post Nadine Shoreline. Gotta love the "1080p 60FPS FULL HD WALKTHROUGH!" channels that pop up everywhere if you even a second of footage or reviews >.>

Also, the train section was such a cool throwback to Uncharted 2

Jadeinchains

Hey, that's a great little review. :) I'm glad you liked the game. Aaaand another game I urged you to get that you greatly enjoyed. I'm good at this.

1465999176-throwing-hair-bakc.gif

I'll say a little something about your spoiler section:
Yeah, those little bits of breaking the 4th wall Naughty Dog is really good at. Do you also recall when they were pushing crates in the first chapter, then that accident happens and Nadine says they'll avoid crates from now on and when Sam joins the group in the end he of course finds a crate and they remark on that? You probably have not followed UC4's reviews and overall reception, but the crate pushing thing was one of the most criticized parts of UC4. Naughty Dog took this to heart, almost completely avoided that in TLL and made a little quib at themselves. Brilliant! XD
I by the way also knew they were going to end up eating pizza together. I was just wondering if Nadine would be with Chloe and the little girl...and fortunately she was. I was glad they became partners and friends in the end.
Sam by the way came out of the blue for me too. I wouldn't have guessed he would end up in this game.

The most important question you didn't answer.:
Did you take many photos? o__O

Lol yeah you really are good at suggesting games! XD And thanks yeah it was great! :D

And about the spoilers
I actually didn't know about the crate situation but lol that's funny that they did that. I remember the scene and everything but I didn't know it had all that reason behind it. And yeah I was wondering if something was going to happen to Nadine but I'm happy that it didn't and she was fine. The end scene was cute. :p

And yes lol! XD Definitely. I've actually took dozens. :D I'll post them in a little while!

And yeah when I saw the train at the train station I had a feeling we'd get to ride on it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I really enjoyed the game, It's definitely one of my favourite Uncharted games. I can say having played all the Uncharted games except the Vita game Lost Legacy is defintely up there with Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 4.
Sam was actually spoiled in a YouTube thumbnail for me... WELP! So was Orca and Post Nadine Shoreline. Gotta love the "1080p 60FPS FULL HD WALKTHROUGH!" channels that pop up everywhere if you even a second of footage or reviews >.>

Also, the train section was such a cool throwback to Uncharted 2

Oh God, yeah, Youtube thumbnail spoilers are the worst. Fortunately the last bigger games I all got at least 5 days earlier than official release, so I didn't have to worry about spoilers.
I remember being upset because one Youtube thumbnail spoiled an optional boss of Final Fantasy XV. XD A boss I never fought anyway.

And yes lol! XD Definitely. I've actually took dozens. :D I'll post them in a little while!

MOjHgoA.gif

I by the way opened a TLL screenshot thread over on Neogaf, so there's lots of cool shots there too. Some people over there are really talented.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421994

Jadeinchains

Oh God, yeah, Youtube thumbnail spoilers are the worst. Fortunately the last bigger games I all got at least 5 days earlier than official release, so I didn't have to worry about spoilers.
I remember being upset because one Youtube thumbnail spoiled an optional boss of Final Fantasy XV. XD A boss I never fought anyway.

MOjHgoA.gif

I by the way opened a TLL screenshot thread over on Neogaf, so there's lots of cool shots there too. Some people over there are really talented.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421994

Omg some of those screenshots are amazing! :eek: They're so good. And that's cool that you opened it. I liked the logo for it with the Polaroid at everything. And yep I'll be getting my photos together now!

Jadeinchains

Okay so I'd took 22 pictures so I can't post them all but I'll post some in the order I took them.

Cf2xX3V.jpg

ntzc9Vq.jpg

kW8INMJ.jpg

mB5wB2n.jpg

QziYaOf.jpg

ACEnkaZ.jpg

Bonus.
xehzG0A.jpg

ntCrB9D.jpg

bTRnb6i.jpg

h265oAr.jpg

Jadeinchains

Lol Nadine looks so disgusted in the bottom picture! XD And I managed to get all of the treasures in the game today! :D
Also here's more of the pictures I took yesterday! :D

n9LaCdx.jpg

5miqfIw.jpg

Some of these contain spoilers by the way before you open them!
8CoZCx5.jpg

ONDtI8B.jpg

5LUuQrl.jpg

5Ivs28v.jpg

qQM1c8Z.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Have you no shame?! D: You totally stole that spot and angle from me:

36698396536_b1d5c35481_o.png

Ah, I see you took lotsa pics of that one section. Remember when I told you there was a beautiful scene in the game and you would know what I mean once you got there? :)

By the way, for everyone else, I just told Jade about it too:
Climb the big tower in chapter 4 to the very top. You have to climb out one of the windows that you opened before. A nice little cutscene and a trophy awaits you.
I love that Naughty Dog put so many wonderful details in the game. :)

Jadeinchains

Have you no shame?! D: You totally stole that spot and angle from me:

36698396536_b1d5c35481_o.png

Ah, I see you took lotsa pics of that one section. Remember when I told you there was a beautiful scene in the game and you would know what I mean once you got there? :)

By the way, for everyone else, I just told Jade about it too:
Climb the big tower in chapter 4 to the very top. You have to climb out one of the windows that you opened before. A nice little cutscene and a trophy awaits you.
I love that Naughty Dog put so many wonderful details in the game. :)

Ahh! XD Omg I didn't mean it! Lol. It was too photogenic to pass up! XD And that's me in the progress of doing that chapter 4 tower thing right now! And yep I know what scene you mean. It was beautiful. :D

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Ahh! XD Omg I didn't mean it! Lol. It was too photogenic to pass up! XD And that's me in the progress of doing that chapter 4 tower thing right now! And yep I know what scene you mean. It was beautiful. :D

Naughty Dog are a master of these kinds of scenes. They tend to put something like it in their games. Here's a similar scene in TLoU1:

That reminds me that I'm kinda sad that Naughty Dog will now concentrate on TLoU2 instead of Uncharted for God knows how long. :( Uncharted is so much more my type of game. I like exploring beautiful, mystical places, climbing, swinging and solving puzzles and a more lighthearted mood.

Last edited:

Chaos

All this talk about The Lost Legacy being one of the best game in the series makes it seem like it's worth $40. I'm thinking deeply about picking it up tomorrow but I heard its 6-8 hours long and I'm not sure if I want to buy a $40 game that gives you a little taste of excitement (like eating a small delicious crispy chicken sandwich on a empty stomach LOL).

Resident Evil 5 ($27) or Uncharted: The Lost Legacy? ($40) decisions decisions.....

Tyaren

Standard Donor
All this talk about The Lost Legacy being one of the best game in the series makes it seem like it's worth $40. I'm thinking deeply about picking it up tomorrow but I heard its 6-8 hours long and I'm not sure if I want to buy a $40 game that gives you a little taste of excitement (like eating a small delicious crispy chicken sandwich on a empty stomach LOL).

Resident Evil 5 ($27) or Uncharted: The Lost Legacy? ($40) decisions decisions.....

First of all, The Lost Legacy should win over RE5 in any category any day of the week, lol. ;) Regarding your other questions.
If you liked UC4, maybe thought it was a bit too long and that it could have been a bit better paced, this is exactly the game for you. It is UC4, but more compact and polished.
Also, virtually everyone that I talked to, thought that Chloe and Nadine were an even better pair than Nathan and whoever he paired up with in other UCs. There is a really cool and interesting dynamic between the girls. It really helps that most of the time they pretty much distrust eachother, exchanging clever and sometimes mean quips.
The 40$ were totally worth it for me. The quality of TLL is that of full-fledged AAA game, no, that of a AAA full-fledged Naughty Dog game (which is more like AAA+), it however is a bit leaner than most games...but so is the price. So I think the pricing is more than fair.
6 hours is the absolute minimum this game will take you to finish it. You really have to be racing through it, not caring for anything left or right, to make it in that time though. Many of the early reviewers apparently did exactly that to get their reviews out in time.
8 hours is probably the average time that it takes people to finish the game. It took Jade and me about 10 hours. I explored TLL to the fullest, did every side objective (there is a sizable side quest in this game) and I collected nearly every treasure. I also spend some time in the great photomode of this game.

Speaking of the photomode here are a few of my recent pics:

36400690090_4fbeb5bcb3_o.png

36588167822_8a20b8db26_o.png

35989463723_45d84e1403_o.png

36714905172_14b9780226_o.png

36747067976_27ded1a677_o.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD