Third Costume Pack

Ooobe

I'm fine with the two week schedules and I hope they keep coming well into 2013.

I haven't played golf in so long. Now I want to again.
Well, sadly my game seems to have abandoned me, but at least the weather and courses are awesome:)
Funny, but I feel like I haven't played DOA in a long time and want to again, though if I think about how badly I struggle with the online, there's a remarkable parallel to my golf.

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, the 6th came and went.

Any news if we'll get another pack on the 13th?

Randark

Still waiting for the patch that will make DLC costumes appear in matches for ALL players. Oh, or will we have to pay for that too?

the problem with that is that whatever they do in that respect it's going to annoy some people
Option 1:
include the costumes on disc, but make you purchase them, just look at all the grief capcom has over this tactic.
Option 2:
make preview packs which allow you to see others using DLC, this takes up space on your hard-drive for something you haven't bought
Option 3:
include the costumes in update packs... again like option 2 this takes up space on hard-drive and makes update packs huge yet compulsary
Option 4:
Download costumes on the fly whilst online before the match... this is probably the most stupid move as would create lots of unneccessary lag for people who didn't really care about the costumes.

there may well be other options too but as you see whatever they do in this area they can't win, I'd preferthem to keep it the way it is, I buy the costumes mainly for offline play with friends and don't really care whether online players see how much money I've spent on DLC (I've bought all so far cept CE swimsuits as i had CE anyway)

btw, this is my 1st post on this board but been following for a while, decided about time to make a profile and get involved a bit more.

Zeo

The easy solution to this would be to put up a patch to allow players to see DLC outfits other players have purchased, and allow them to download it if they choose to. Not everyone cares about the DLC outfits but I'm sure there are those that would like to see them in action against other players before opting to buy them.

This cuts the cons of both making the patch mandatory for all players, and there being no option to see the outfits alltogether (outside of buying them of course).

Dave

the problem with that is that whatever they do in that respect it's going to annoy some people
Option 1:
include the costumes on disc, but make you purchase them, just look at all the grief capcom has over this tactic.
Option 2:
make preview packs which allow you to see others using DLC, this takes up space on your hard-drive for something you haven't bought
Option 3:
include the costumes in update packs... again like option 2 this takes up space on hard-drive and makes update packs huge yet compulsary
Option 4:
Download costumes on the fly whilst online before the match... this is probably the most stupid move as would create lots of unneccessary lag for people who didn't really care about the costumes.

there may well be other options too but as you see whatever they do in this area they can't win, I'd preferthem to keep it the way it is, I buy the costumes mainly for offline play with friends and don't really care whether online players see how much money I've spent on DLC (I've bought all so far cept CE swimsuits as i had CE anyway)

btw, this is my 1st post on this board but been following for a while, decided about time to make a profile and get involved a bit more.

Are you saying this has to be the only ways to make the costumes visible to people who have not bought them? If so, that's probably not true. Borderlands 2 recently released a patch which allows people to play in the same game with people who have the DLC characters and and missions, so it is possible to release some kind of patch that allows them to be seen by people who haven't bought them.

Randark

Are you saying this has to be the only ways to make the costumes visible to people who have not bought them? If so, that's probably not true. Borderlands 2 recently released a patch which allows people to play in the same game with people who have the DLC characters and and missions, so it is possible to release some kind of patch that allows them to be seen by people who haven't bought them.

I did mention that there is probably other ways, but the post was getting a little long so I used the more popular methods, I'm not saying it's impossible just that there are problems with whichever option they choose, in fact I thought I gave a fair few options but also covered the problems with the options... basically saying how nothing they can do will be perfect in everyones opinion (which was the entire point of my post).
My personal favorite is the on-disc option, no downloads plus you get to see the options you didn't download with singular options for each costume (like SF x Tekken did) anyway, I'm not trying to get up anyones back about it, just was giving a few reasons why they hadn't done it yet.

Dave

I'm not starting an argument or anything lol I'm just having a discussion. Anyways, what would they do after the retail discs are out and release more DLC? Those wouldn't be on the disc, they would have to be downloaded.

Randark

ye I admit that doesn't work for later released content, in that case I'd say I prefer the option to down to download separate preview packs as it were, but heck always loved DoA, I'll pretty much download all costumes regardless of whether I want em or not, I love DoA5 too and am still hopefull for more DLC stages and characters if poss, but I'll pretty much download all costumes they put online in the meantime and hope that this latest batch (which I already had half of) isn't the last

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
The easy solution to this would be to put up a patch to allow players to see DLC outfits other players have purchased, and allow them to download it if they choose to. Not everyone cares about the DLC outfits but I'm sure there are those that would like to see them in action against other players before opting to buy them.

This cuts the cons of both making the patch mandatory for all players, and there being no option to see the outfits alltogether (outside of buying them of course).

I like this idea. Make a free, non-mandatory compatibility pack DLC that includes all DLC costumes released thus far so that you may see other people wearing them, but you can't wear them yourself unless you buy the actual costume DLC.

Who knows, maybe Team Ninja will do this, but are waiting until they finish releasing all the DLC so that you only have to download one big compatibility pack, rather than download a new small one every two weeks. I doubt it, but it's possible.

Dave

I don't know. The fact that they released the CE DLC this week has me thinking that this is it for a little while. Maybe they just had no time this week for DLC so they released what they already had made (the swimsuits) but it's pretty weird. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I don't know. The fact that they released the CE DLC this week has me thinking that this is it for a little while. Maybe they just had no time this week for DLC so they released what they already had made (the swimsuits) but it's pretty weird. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Typically developer teams already have their DLC schedules planned out before release. I'd assume that they had intended for the swimsuits to come out yesterday since the very beginning.

shunwong

I have bought the bunny costume for Kokoro, Helena and another one I don't remember. 240 ms points is so cheap I couldn't resist. I might buy the other 240 points bunny set too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD