Throw Downs Not Working?

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Anybody having a problem not being able to send out throwdowns? If you are able to do it, can you please let me know? I'm trying to get around the solo rank problem.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
The only way I've been able to get matches so far is in training, throwdowns are being sent to me and I accept them.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I've also noticed that it seems to be impossible to send throwdowns, making the Fighter List completely pointless.

Most perplexing.

I am perplexed to how the system works. I get challenges in training a fair bit, but I do not have a clue how to send them out myself.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I am perplexed to how the system works. I get challenges in training a fair bit, but I do not have a clue how to send them out myself.
You get them from people actually in the ranked queue. Instead of finding you a match in ranked, all it is doing is sending out throwdown challenges to people in arcade, training, or survival.

You get them from people actually in the ranked queue. Instead of finding you a match in ranked, all it is doing is sending out throwdown challenges to people in arcade, training, or survival.

Yeah I just wonder how I am getting it through that then since solo ranked is still busted on 360.

Pokerking87

This new throwdown system is a mess! I was waiting 30 minutes probaly more to get a challenge, ok i switched for a moment to rank after 20 seconds i got a rank fight! Damn thats the last 2 Trophys to get platin! Damn!

AkaShocka

For some odd reason when I was in the training room every time I got a throw down I would accept it but it always said "the other play cannot not play" or something like that. Am I the only one?

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
For some odd reason when I was in the training room every time I got a throw down I would accept it but it always said "the other play cannot not play" or something like that. Am I the only one?
The other guy was denying your match. Sounds like a lot of people are afraid of you.

AkaShocka

The other guy was denying your match. Sounds like a lot of people are afraid of you.
It's not like I show up to lobbies and beat every player then leave... Ok maybe. I do do that. But still! I'm a Lisa player why be afraid of Lisa? I understand that I make her seem top tier but why be afraid? LOL ok I'm just cocky, don't mind that. But I hate when people reject me because of my stats -_-

El Parkito

I didn't know about throwdowns until just recently. During arcade mode I would see 'the other player can't play' message a lot, even though I didn't accept anything.

I'm new to this game and have lost most of my matches and I have been declined in ranked a handful of times, so it could really be any reason.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
In DOA5, you used to be able to initiate a throwdown from your fighter list. Now, it appears that the fighter list is just for show. I can't initiate a throwdown with anyone through my fighter list.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I've noticed that when I play Versus, Arcade or Time Attack with throwdowns on they never work, however when I accept a throwdown in Free Training mode it works every time(unless they decline ofcourse) is this a glitch?

Also, it seems Ranked is either desolate or has broken again because I've started to have problems finding matches again T_T

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I've noticed that when I play Versus, Arcade or Time Attack with throwdowns on they never work, however when I accept a throwdown in Free Training mode it works every time(unless they decline ofcourse) is this a glitch?

Also, it seems Ranked is either desolate or has broken again because I've started to have problems finding matches again T_T
I had the same problem accepting throwdowns as well. Unless I was in training, it kept failing. Has to be a glitch.

In ranked, I've noticed that since my rank has gone up and I keep raising the lowest grade acceptable, that matches are fewer and fewer. More people just need to get their rank up. Unless you're accepting F rank players, then I have no idea.

It takes me about about 3-5 minutes to find a ranked match, is the game dead already? :(

*ed*

No I guess its just that 1.02 didn't fix crap on 360, I can still get plenty of matches if I just go into training mode and wait, what a stupid unintuitive system.

Last edited:

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Well, to be honest, I get games faster in training mode than I do waiting for it in the online menu. Plus I get to try new tech while I'm waiting.

PJudge

Throwdowns while training is how I play online. That way I'm not spending 20 minutes on the "Searching for Players" menu, only to have them turn me down anyway. My record isn't even that good because I haven't played a lot of Ranked.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD