Tips, Tricks, Combos

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Tricks:
1) When those clowns (kasumi, lisa, ayane, hyabusa) do their cute little jump over you move as you're getting up, allow them to. When you're getting up, don't rise with a kick, simply get up. Now that your back is turned, hit :P+K:. Profit as you successfully remove 1/4 of their life.
2) Learn to love the crush, :2::P: when under pressure. When someone is aggressive and in your face, a :2::P:, :2_::4::6::P: is a great way to remind them to step off. Once they get wise to it, now you can start executing throws or launchers (:6::6::K: or :H*+K:).
3) Frame trap moves (On Block):
a) :214::P: +1 to +5
b) :4::6::P+K: (Fully Charged)
c) :6::K::P: -6 but the animation fools people into holding block longer
d) :4::6::P: +1
e) :4::P:, :P: -3
f) :236::P:, :P: 0

4) Guard Break Of Doom Set Ups (:236::P+K:, :4::3::P+K:, :236::P:, :4::6::P+K:)
a) After: :6::P+K:. They don't even need to slow escape.
b) After: SS, :K:
c) After any forced tech.
d) After :2::P:.
e) After SS:P+K:
f) During any combo string, after :6::P+K:. 99.99999% of the time they're blocking.
g) After :6::P::4::P:. You're at +13 and the :236::P+K: takes 19 frames to land.
h) After :214::P+K:'s stumble stun do :6::6:, :236::P+K:.
i) After :4::H+P:
j) After an opponent completes a combo string
k) After opponents wake up if they don't use a kick

5) Guaranteed CB after :214::P:
It appears that the fastest :214::P: can be slow escaped is at -19. When compared to :6::6::P+K:'s execution being 19 (21 with the frame miss match) it seems that it is impossible to get a guaranteed CB, right? Wrong, there is some magic behind :214::P:. The further you get away from your opponent, the higher your advantage gets when :214::P: lands. There are two combo strings (when the opponent is in open space) that allow you the perfect spacing to leave you at +21 when :214::P: lands.

a. :1::6::H+P:, :h:, :P:, :6_::P:, :2::1::4_::P:, :6::6::P+K:
b. Against a guarding opponent: :P:, :6::P+K:, :6_::P:, :214::P:, :6::6::P+K:

6) Resetting Threshold
If you want to be tricky and reset the strike threshold and continue pressure against someone, you can do that with :3::P:, :3::P+K:. The move :3::P: leaves them at +24 if they do not slow escape. If they do slow escape, they're at +16. Unless they are pro slow escapers and reaction low block kings, this should work. Either way, they are JUST going to recover to be hit by :3::P+K: or get hit by the low stun. For example, you can do a big combo into a breakable object, follow it with :4::3: :P: to put them into a sit down stun, :3::P: to set them up for :3::P+K:.

7) Baiting a Hold With :4::P+K:
:4::P+K: has the property of a crumple, +76, if used on CH or in a string. If you bring the opponent to the CB threshold with that move, you have serious options. Let's start with a combo that is easy and will put them into this situation:

:3::P+K:, :1::P:, :4::P+K:

Option 1: Go right for the CB as they cannot slow escape
Option 2: You can try to wait out a hold, but if they don't after about 30 frames, use :2::P: to pop them back up to continue your pressure. They have 16 frames to recover. Here are your options out of :2::P::
a) GBoD, it executes in 17 frames.
b) :1::6::H+P:
c) SS:K: will start up a new combo string
d) If their back is near a wall, :6::6::P: for a wall splat combo

Tips:
1) Learn to love :6_::P: when connecting combo strings. The length of stun and the quickness at which you can execute moves after creates panic in opponents.
2) Take the guessing out of his parry and use it mid string. For example, Lisa's :1::P: follows with a high :K:. After you block the :1::P:, drop :3::h: and profit as you perform one of the two combos below.
Combo: :3::h:, :P:, :214::P:, :P:, :3::H+K:, :P:, :4::6::6::P+K: 71 damage
Combo: :3::h:, :P:, :214::P:, :6_::P:, :H*+K:, :2::P:, :2_::4::6::P: 76 damage
Slope Combo: :3::h:, :P:, :214::P:, :6_::P:, :H*+K:, :4::6::6::P+K: 81 damage
3) If :3::H+K:, :P: is used as your #2 or #3 hit in your combo, you can reset the combo threshold with (:2: or :8:), :P+K:. If the opponent is blocking and you get the guard break, you're starting at 2 when your next attack lands. If the opponent lets the hit go through, you're starting at 2 when you next attack lands.
4) The move :1::P:, when used in a string, leaves you at +32. One more time, PLUS 32! That's not to say they can't counter after that, but a slow escape won't happen.
5) You can hold guard (:h:) and still execute strikes. Let's say an opponent is coming at you with :P::P::P: while you're guarding the whole time. While you're still holding guard, you can input :4::6::6: and try to time :P+K: just after the opponents last :P: hits your guard. You never have to release :h: and you get a pretty sweet whiff punishment.
6) The move :2::H+K:, :P:, :P: doesn't get a lot of love or use. But what you should be using it for is wall splat combos. End your string with that finisher and follow up with a wall splat combo.
7) Hopping Over Walls allows for 4 different attacks. They all depend on when you hit the button.
a) Hitting :P: when Akira is still hurtling the wall will perform his :8::P:
b) Hitting :P: right before Akira touches the ground will perform his :2_::4::6::P:
c) Hitting :K: when Akira is still hurtling the wall will perform his :8::K:
d) Hitting :K: right before Akira touches the ground will perform his kick combo throw. :6::P:, :4::K:, :H+P:

If the opponent is counter happy, there is also the option of holding :2_: to circle them about 15 degrees before using the throw, :6::4: :H+P:, :2::H+K:, :P:, :P:. It puts them right back into a danger zone for more guaranteed damage.

Example - Contains Tips 1, 2, 6, 7
8) Let's talk about the move :K::h:. I'd like to point out that this move is completely useless against unskilled opponents. If that's who you're facing, then you can throw this move out the window. If you're against someone who counters intelligently or slow escapes, this is where the move really shines. The start up animation is the same for :3::K:, :3::H+K:, :6::K:, and obviously :K:. The knee is the only thing that's different. I've been playing opponents that counter as my move is executing. For example, I know I do the string, :3::P+K:, :3::K: a lot. I'd get punished for it with a counter quite a bit. I'd try baiting a counter by doing :3::P+K: and then waiting to grab them. The counters never came. Then I tried :3::P+K:, :K::h:, got my opponent to hold, and I followed up with :1::6::H+P:. I then interchanged it in my other strings where I would normally throw a kick and had continued success. Give it a try if you're feeling daring.

9) :1::P: is kind of a unique move. Useless on normal hit, fantastic on CH. I've been using it lately as a high crush to interrupt an opponent's attack string. It also allows for a SPoD on fastest stagger escape.

Dat Nyucah

Tips:
2) There are 4 moves, when blocked, that you can blanket with :3::h:, :P: as a recovery defence.
Move 1: :4::6::P:
Move 2: :4::3::P:
Move 3: :6::6::P:
Move 4: :4::P:,:P:

Now, what does this get you? :3::h: counters both high punch & kick as well as low punches, but you have to time the counter almost perfectly at the start of the animation. What better way to time it instantly than when you know the opponent is going to come at you with their fastest attacks? It will almost always be a straight :P:, with it being a 10 frame animation most of the time. That's a high punch!

If you find yourself at -6 or better (-5 I'm more sure of)... and successfully land a nude :3::h:, at least :4::6::P: is guaranteed. If landed from neutral or better (like when interrupting a string), :3::3::P:, or KNEE! is guaranteed. Big damage make ppl think twice about mashing on jab, lol.

Zeo

Another tip I have is that it's viable to throw out a naked :214::P: as long as you're sure you won't be hit before it comes out as it's fairly slow. The objective isn't to land on the opponent but to make them press a button.

:214::P: is a sitdown stun and it looks grossly unsafe but it's actually +1 on block and the odd thing about the move is that the further away you are when it connects the more advantage you get and from the furthest distance possible (literally the tip of his fingers hitting the opponent) you get up to +5 frame advantage on block, insanely hard to pull off but possible and generally the +1 is what you want anyway, you may be lucky enough to get +2 sometimes though.

Point is the move is crazy slow and looks unsafe and everyone I've used it against loves to press buttons after it's blocked (even I've been guilty of doing it sometimes, it looks so unsafe it's my instinct to try to punish it.) so your best option after it's blocked is generally to use :6::6: :P:. Against characters with 9 frame jabs however (Kasumi, Christie, Eliot) your best options are either to :2::P: , :3::h: or go for a crush as your fastest attack will still trade with theirs assuming they jab.

Goro Hazuki

:214::P: is a sitdown stun and it looks grossly unsafe but it's actually +1 on block and the odd thing about the move is that the further away you are when it connects the more advantage you get and from the furthest distance possible (literally the tip of his fingers hitting the opponent) you get up to +5 frame advantage on block, insanely hard to pull off but possible and generally the +1 is what you want anyway, you may be lucky enough to get +2 sometimes though.

The underlined bit is new to me :) thanks for sharing that.

Zeo

Might I make a suggestion? Give the damage values on all the combos. Also I know for a fact that some of these don't work on heavies, you should put a tag at the end or something like *No/H* at the end of combos that don't work on heavies.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Roger that. That'll be my project tonight to organize this better with their damage outputs. You're also right that I should label weight class combos too. His combos drastically change based on the opponents weight class.

Ghosty-J

This may drop the majority of the time, but -:4::6::P:,:4::3::P:,...- is a good combo starter to help you net some serious damage if you don't want to start with a mid-launcher. Because the second hit can cause a bounce air state where you can follow up with a decent amount of moves.

For instance, while this combo isn't safe from being countered during stun, I managed to pull this off with Fastest Recovery settings that nets a total of 83 points of damage:

-:6::K::P:,:1::P:,:4::6::P:,:4::3::P:,:2::P:,:3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:-

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
So I know this might be a little excessive, but should we create 3 different threads for Light weight combos, Mid weight combos, and heavy weight combos? I've been messing around with a lot of different force tech combos and there really is a difference. It will also help to clear up a lot of clutter in this thread on my initial post. This thread could remain the sneaky/trick thread and we can break up the combos accordingly.

Ghosty-J

I'm cool with it. Wasn't sure at first since it would be a little too much work to jump through multiple threads for combos. But then I thought it would be good for the weight classes to have their own combo threads for the sake of organization, so go ahead :V

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Removed combos and added in some more tips/tricks. This week I'll make the combo threads by weight class.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
His knee after a :2::1::4::P: launches so high it's ridiculous and I can't think of any other follow-ups other than more knees... but then the damage output is really weak considering the execution difficulty.Thoughts?

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
If I'm landing a :2::1::4::P: on an opponent, I'll throw a :4::3: :P: follow up. It allows for a quick SS :P+K: follow up. It keeps the pressure going. However, once they are in the air, it's free damage. All about your preference.

If that was you in the video, the best juggle off of :4::P:, :P+K: is, :6_::P:, :H*+K:, :6_::P:, :3::H+K:, :P:, :4::6::6::P+K:. Basically, after you start with :4::P:, hold :6_: and continue with :P+K:. The advancing :6_::P: keeps you in range to finish with the dragon gunner. It works on lights and mids. With mids though, you need to execute the :4::6::6::P+K: or it will whiff.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Added tip #5. I was surprised at how many people didn't know you could buffer in moves while holding guard the whole time.

Ghosty-J

Updated usefulness of :2::H+K:, :P:, :P:. Don't ignore this move.

Oh crud! Given how much I spam that move, I should have noticed the whole wallsplat game it had going with it by now. I seriously gotta stop using Dojo as my main training stage x_x

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Another awesome trick is on the stages with the wrestling ropes is that on wall splat moves, (at the right distance) it bounces the opponent back to you in a stumble, resetting the strike threshold. They're totally vulnerable to attack. Then you take a look at your spacing and you realize that :214::P+K: is at the perfect range to cause their back turn stumble to be stopped by the wall. This guarantees a follow up of, :4::3::P:. You can go for the guaranteed damage after that with :6::K::P: or go for broke and hope they don't slow escape with :6::6::P+K:. It's the only way I can get over 200 dmg in a combo.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD