Tips, Tricks, Combos

RiBu

I'll have to try that then. I was surprised how toned down a lot of his inputs were from VF...

Yea, that works pretty well... I've noticed the move seems to come out better if you buffer it during the end of recovery on some moves... I'm finding it much easier to do :214::P:,:H*+K: than raw :H*+K:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I think the reason the :H*+K: is more lenient is that you can hit the :h: before hitting :K: by one frame before it recognizes that you want do do :H+K: so then you basically have a 2 frame window of input.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
edit: since no one contributes, im keeping a kill combo and force tech combos off of environments to mah self. maybe you'll see it at ECTD5.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hey Steve, Thanks for the Akira Info here. Been pulling GBoD in recent matches :cool: . I must say I felt pretty happy to actually pull it off in matches and persuading opponents to block. although i can't say i've mastered Akira yet. I still have much to learn..My weakness so far is dealing with certain other characters. Been pulling the Knee about 70% of the time. I'll eventually get the hang of it.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Hey Steve, Thanks for the Akira Info here. Been pulling GBoD in recent matches :cool: . I must say I felt pretty happy to actually pull it off in matches and persuading opponents to block. although i can't say i've mastered Akira yet. I still have much to learn..My weakness so far is dealing with certain other characters. Been pulling the Knee about 70% of the time. I'll eventually get the hang of it.
What characters you having trouble with? I tend to find the turtle match ups harder than aggressor fights. Maybe I can help ya out.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I mostly have trouble with Jann Lee and Lisa for the most part.
Hmm, alright. I'll see if I can save some replays of those match ups. Are the Jann Lee opponents aggressive or do they tend to back step and poke at long range to get their stun game started?

Lisa is actually really easy to parry. Your parry covers high kicks, high punches, and low punches. Lisa users have a hard on for the :1::P: move. The 2nd strike is a high kick. I suggest going through her move library to find the strings that work to your advantage. Mainly focus strings where the 2nd strike is a high or a low punch.

Dave

So, now that I am just about satisfied how I main my primary character (Sarah), I want to move on. I was initially going to use a Dead or Alive character, but I've wanted to learn Akira since I started playing Virtua Fighter waaaay back when, but never had the patience. I want learn him now. I did a few matches online as him with little to no knowledge, and found it difficult to pull of even simple 3 hit combos. I did win one, but I felt like it was just because my opponent doesn't know how I play him unlike Sarah. For a beginner, what should I look at?

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
So, now that I am just about satisfied how I main my primary character (Sarah), I want to move on. I was initially going to use a Dead or Alive character, but I've wanted to learn Akira since I started playing Virtua Fighter waaaay back when, but never had the patience. I want learn him now. I did a few matches online as him with little to no knowledge, and found it difficult to pull of even simple 3 hit combos. I did win one, but I felt like it was just because my opponent doesn't know how I play him unlike Sarah. For a beginner, what should I look at?
Everything in this character forum. 1st bit of advice is learning the 3h+k, p, 466p+k. 2nd the knee. 3rd, get comfortable with his 16t, h, p. Throw. After that, the rest of the info in this forum should be digested at your own pace.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hmm, alright. I'll see if I can save some replays of those match ups. Are the Jann Lee opponents aggressive or do they tend to back step and poke at long range to get their stun game started?

Lisa is actually really easy to parry. Your parry covers high kicks, high punches, and low punches. Lisa users have a hard on for the :1::P: move. The 2nd strike is a high kick. I suggest going through her move library to find the strings that work to your advantage. Mainly focus strings where the 2nd strike is a high or a low punch.

You sir have provided me with good stuff for Lisa :cool: . The Jann Lee however, I would have to say very aggressive. You think it's possible you'll have replay match ups with Jann Lee & Christie?

I've been getting really good with Akira so far....Still trying hard but I have really changed alot thanks to the tips & new strings I come up with from your 1st post. Also what I noticed is that alot of players that I match up usually hold the guard after I commence :2::P: > :6::6::P: sometimes. I took advantage of that and managed to do :2::P: > GBoD couple times instead of going for :6::6::P: due to the reasons that they usually think i'm going for :6::6::P: . I've done GBoDs at the very start of many rounds because of that. Now my one question is...does Akira have any potential attacks for sidestepping opponents? (Christie etc.)

Zeo

Lots of new stuff since I've been gone. Looks like I'm going to have to do a little catching up in this section before I inevitably return, and go straight to the lab.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Guard break of doom set ups, wrestling rope options and breakable object mix ups added.

dosito

I have had doa5 for a while now. I recently started playing again and i havr been mainly using akira. Executing his moves arent too bad..but the Trouble is online when in fighting i often cant string together combos .

Any vets out there able to spar with me and give me pointers? (Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this

Ghosty-J

Sure, that is if you're playing on PSN. My ID is right under my avatar whenever you feel like playing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD