Tips, Tricks, Combos

EvilJun

Been trying to pick up this guy the last few days and damn I'm having trouble doing his :2_::4::6::P: especially as combo ender. Any tips on how to do this consistently?

p.s. I'm using a PS3 pad and I know Akira isn't very pad friendly but there must be a way haha

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Been trying to pick up this guy the last few days and damn I'm having trouble doing his :2_::4::6::P: especially as combo ender. Any tips on how to do this consistently?

p.s. I'm using a PS3 pad and I know Akira isn't very pad friendly but there must be a way haha

Remember, that move is a while rising input. I'm not sure what your combos are that you're ending the string with that, but it's popular to use that move after :2::P:. It's easy and all you have to do is hit :4::6::P:.

EvilJun

Remember, that move is a while rising input. I'm not sure what your combos are that you're ending the string with that, but it's popular to use that move after :2::P:. It's easy and all you have to do is hit :4::6::P:.

Stupid me, I was inputting it as :2::P:, :2::4::6::P: haha. I can get it everytime now thanks:)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
What's the easiest way to do Teishitsu Dantai?

If you refer to page 2 of this thread, you will find the same discussion. However, here it is for your convenience.

RiBu said:
I recently picked up the game and wanted to know exactly how his:H*::+::[K]: works...I know a lot of things in this game are pretty lenient with regards to input, i.e his :236::P+K: string. Does the game register anything outside of simply doing H+K and releasing the H as fast as possible? I was experimenting with H+K mapped with the default K button, but that doesn't seem to get the move to come out. Also in regards to the first frame, does it relate to the first frame of the move's start-up or from the first frame of hit detection?...​
DOA5 is for sure more lenient with the 1 frame execution. If you're using a controller, the best way to do it is to bind guard to X and kick to O. Then swipe your thumb across X and O like you're snapping your fingers or lighting a match. Don't stop on the O, run your thumb past it. If you're using a fight stick, it's more of a pinch than anything else.

dosito

Back from suffering for hours at the immortal hands of Ayane and Hayate online *mumbles* <.<

After a bit of goofing around, here's what I got regarding :3::H+K::P+K:. Once you've got your opponent into a few heavy stuns and you're in the right point of the Critical Threshold (19 or any value in yellow), then the :P+K: followup will cause a launch with a great amount of airtime for you to do just about whatever you please. If you were to get far too deep within the threshold (any value in 20 or over highlighted in red), then the :3::H+K: starter will cause a knockback ending the combo. It's used to enter the maximum part of the Threshold in order for its natural followup to do its thing properly.

After entering training mode, here are a couple combos I pulled off that got me 99 points of damage each. Since Hayate is a middleweight character, I used him as the dummy for all my training sessions.

:3::P+K:, :1::P:, :3::K:, :3::H+K::P+K:, :6_::P:, :6::K::P:, :4::6::6::P+K:

:3::P+K:, :1::P:, :3::K:, :3::H+K::P+K:, :6_::P:, :H*+K:, :6_::P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:

Something I stumbled upon yesterday regarding :3::H+K::P+K: ground bounce. (I havent seen it posted here but i could be mistaken, apologies in advance ^_^)

I noticed that it is possible to combo off prior to the red stun game (i.e. initiating combo string. I was able to do it on helena but i havent tested it on other wieght class.

:3::H+K::P+K:, :6_::P:, :3::H+K::P::4::6::6::P+K:

The :6_::P: allows enough of a relaunch for the rest of the string to connect. (Note that i use nuetral :P: when doing this) Just throwing this out there. Still a novice akira player *_^

KasumiMugen

Can someone explain me how to use 3H+K~P+K properly? I know its a forced wake up but almost everytime I do this I smack them on the ground

Ghosty-J

Can someone explain me how to use 3H+K~P+K properly? I know its a forced wake up but almost everytime I do this I smack them on the ground
Aside from force teching, it's a great alternative for starting a juggle when you're deep into the stun threshold. The launch height from the rebound is great enough to get whatever guaranteed damage you want.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD