Unlocking costumes

Rubedood

Not 100% sure. For DOA 5 the US release was 9/25 and the first set of DLC outfits (which were free) was released on 10/2. It took over 2 months before you could get the preorder and swimsuit DLC (I wonder if they'll follow the same path with Ultimate?).

There are "rumors" that this outfit has a very good chance of being paid DLC at some point. :rolleyes:

Ninja-Gaiden-Sigma-2-Plus-Screen-2-Rachel-Basically-Naked.jpg

Day one buy if it is

Chapstick

Something interesting- the CE swimsuits Japan got show up in your list of those little shirt icons of DLC you don't have online but they don't show up offline. So those outfits are definitely on disc.

Last edited:
So if I am reading this right....Rachel and Momiji's Bikini's are on the disc but are only available in Japan?
Welp time to hack my game, hex editor here I come.

Nuke-Nin

Basically all of those Sexy Outfits we've seen the race car ones for the Doa babes and those swimsuits are JPN only? what about that Kasumi and Ayane new outfit? :C

Rawbietussin

Basically all of those Sexy Outfits we've seen the race car ones for the Doa babes and those swimsuits are JPN only? what about that Kasumi and Ayane new outfit? :C

Also Japanese-exclusive DLCs. Basically they held back 3 items - 5UCE, WO2U costumes for Kasumi, Ayane and Momiji and the new costumes for Kasumi and Ayane from the Japanese magazines.

David Gregg

Just as an FYI (didn't know where to put this) since I finally got my pre-order DLC code, Hitomi's hat cannot be removed from her outfit. :mad: Not sure why but oh well I still like it and you can still change Lei Fang and Kokoro's hair.

The girls' white shirts also become see-thru revealing the bras. They also have some nice colorful panties under their dresses. :rolleyes:

Rawbietussin

Just as an FYI (didn't know where to put this) since I finally got my pre-order DLC code, Hitomi's hat cannot be removed from her outfit. :mad: Not sure why but oh well I still like it and you can still change Lei Fang and Kokoro's hair (as well as add the bandage to Mila's face)

Can she wear the ponytail with the hat though? It actually makes a nice accessory actually. Well Kasumi's mini hat couldn't be removed from her head either and even the butterfly hair accessory on Ayane.

David Gregg

Can she wear the ponytail with the hat though? It actually makes a nice accessory actually. Well Kasumi's mini hat couldn't be removed from her head either and even the butterfly hair accessory on Ayane.

Nope. :/ It wouldn't work anyway as the ponytail would go through the hat. Not sure TN's rhyme and reasoning behind what can be removed and what can't though (in general).

Rawbietussin

Nope. :/ It wouldn't work anyway as the ponytail would go through the hat. Not sure TN's rhyme and reasoning behind what can be removed and what can't though (in general).

Reminds me of how Kasumi was still able to wear her helmet with her high ponytail on her Begonia swimsuit in DOAD. It looked like they chopped off her hair and attached it on the helmet. They should really set parameters up but there are some things that would work with the new hairstyles. I'd like Christie to wear the hardhat with her new shorter hairstyle. Likewise with Eliot's shorter hairstyle with his C2 cap.

Dr. Claw

So, if I'm coming over from a "complete" DOA5 save (all on-disc costumes unlocked, and then every DLC pack), what do I need to unlock in 5U? How many costumes do the new characters have on disc? Are Training Ayane, Kasumi, and Hayate DLC?

I figured it out. The "lock" icon were the ones I had to obtain through Arcade, Time Attack, etc. There's another lock for DLC items (I didn't have any of those since I got all the DOA5 DLC)

DoubtComplex

Does anyone have any idea how to unlock Lisa's nurse costume (C8) and Kasumi's C7-C9 on the Core Fighters version? I've already played through arcade and time attack on every difficulty solo and tag so there must be something more specific i still need to do.

Rawbietussin

Does anyone have any idea how to unlock Lisa's nurse costume (C8) and Kasumi's C7-C9 on the Core Fighters version? I've already played through arcade and time attack on every difficulty solo and tag so there must be something more specific i still need to do.

You must win them online.

Rawbietussin

Ah, just started playing online. How many wins or games played would i need generally to unlock one?

I'm assuming i have to be playing the character i want the costume for.

I am not sure on the number of wins or matches myself (since I got a regular copy of the game) but I'm sure some notification will pop up telling you that you unlocked their costume and yes, you must play as the character themselves

Drake Aldan

Ah, just started playing online. How many wins or games played would i need generally to unlock one?

I'm assuming i have to be playing the character i want the costume for.
Something like 50 for each costume? I just unlocked Rachel's C4... I am at 107 ranked matches and 182 lobby matches. (74 ranked wins, 106 lobby wins.)

For some reason I unlocked a Christie costume... even though the character is locked...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD