What are you hoping her in DOA5U Mr.Wong

Tones

Premium Donor
22/88p+h a side step which enters HS can be done from normal or backturn =). Make LFT/LHT 1p+k and 3p+k to avoid input confusion.

Give him a disco-tech outfit and a carnival styled outfit.

Seppu

i miss his old sidestepping attack :8::8:/:2::2::P: from 3 and 4, it even caused a limbo stun in 3. i'd much rather have that as his sidestep punch in 5 over the current :8::P:.

i'd also like to see some faints return that he had in 3, like :P::P::4_:. it's the same spinning motion as his current :P::P::6::K:, just without the kick, and it leaves him in bt. oh and like sergio said, long hair option.

Tones

Premium Donor
More tools which allow him to take 30-50% from the opponent unless they correctly react to the 1-3 opportunities to escape. Examples of something he currently has... P+K and if it lands follow that up with 4k/2p+k or p+h depending on if the opponent will counter or not. If it's blocked/sidestepped, f+k for safety... BT 2p+k, follow that up with k8/p 214p depending on the opponent.

That is the reason why an i12 1pp (while BT 2p is i11 but doesn't stun on normal) that stuns on normal will be nice to have.

i miss his old sidestepping attack :8::8:/:2::2::P: from 3 and 4, it even caused a limbo stun in 3. i'd much rather have that as his sidestep punch in 5 over the current :8::P:.

i'd also like to see some faints return that he had in 3, like :P::P::4_:. it's the same spinning motion as his current :P::P::6::K:, just without the kick, and it leaves him in bt.
Both of those would be really nice to have! Not overpowered at all, but it gives him some nice options. I'd still be extremely happy if the side step p (88p) gave a 50/50 on limbo like how BT 2p+k does.

What about if they made his 6p6p like that as well on normal hit as well?

Tulkas

Premium Donor
I'm wondering why last hit of 6p6p is -9 on block but in h+kp es -3, both last hits are identical animation... am I right?

Seppu

i don't know, maybe that's too much. :6::P::6::P: is one of his few moves that knocks the opponent back, seeing as we lost that for :6::6::P:. if that caused limbo, :H+K::P: and it's variations probably would too.

speaking of that, it would be nice to see :H+K: cause the opponent to spin around on nh hit again, and :H+K::K::K: to guard break again. dho :P+K: used to guard break too, guaranteeing his launching punch or kick afterwards.

some other stuffs:
  • make :6::6::P: and variations 0 on block again (cb, probably won't happen)
  • make :6::P+K::P: and variations 0 on block again
  • make lft :6::K: 0 on block again, also give a higher launch on nh
  • make lht :P+K: -2 on block again, also give a higher launch on nh
  • make bt :6::K::6_::K: 0 on block again
  • make bt :P::P::P: -1 on block again
  • make bt :6::K: -3 on block again
  • make dho :H+K::K: -5 on block again
  • make 3_pp guard break again, or give 3_pp__ more than just +1
  • bt :4::P:/lht :6::P: should cause a limbo stun on ch again
  • :8::K: and variants should cause a sit down knockback on ch again and be unholdable like sidestep kick (:4::4::K: and lft :P+K: used to cause the same stun too, but the distance created was too big to get anything else off unless near a wall)
  • return old dho punch, which is similar to dho :P+K:, but leaves you in dho. input could be dho :P+K::8: and change his current one to dho :P+K::4_:. also :P+K: on it's own would do the punch without entering bt or dho
  • return old dho :2::K:, which is :1::H+K:. input could be dho :2::H+K:
  • return old :K::K: after his :4::P:, which is :7::K::K:. input could be :4::P::H+K:
  • return old :2::K: after his :K::K:, which is :6::6::K:. input could be :K::K::2::H+K:
  • return old :4::P: after his :6::P:, which is :8::P:. input could stay the same :6::P::4::P:
  • return old lft/lht punch, which is a forward/backward roll into a quick jab. input could be :6::P: for both, and change lht :6::P::P: to :6::4::P::P:
  • return old booty bump throw animation. input could be :236::H+P: (brad needs a circular throw)
  • rhs :P+K: and variations should hit a downed opponent
  • add lht option after bt :P::P::P:
  • return old :P::6::P::P: relaunch height so it's actually viable
  • return old :1::P:(:P:):K: bounce height in critical so you can combo from it better
  • :4::6::P: should cause the same stun as :6::4::P: again, which needs a bigger hitbox too
  • :214::P+K: should track
  • the kick in :P::K:(:4_:) should track
  • the second kick in :2_::K::K: and variations should track
  • add jumping move that avoids lows to hs/rhs, or make 66/44 not completely useless. input could be 22. also make moves like :P::P::8:, dho :2::2:, 9p, bt 7p actually work
  • increase frame advantage after bt :H+P::5::H+P: from 12 to 17 to stop people getting high countered by :2::P+K: and being able to hold the follow up
  • fix being able to hold out of his limbo stuns
  • make him stand up after the car powerblow on the bottom level of scramble, so he can actually get some damage in
  • adjust hitbox on :3::K::P::P: so it doesn't whiff 80% of the time on max juggled opponents, especially near walls
  • better recovery on moves that lead to hs/rhs. :3::3::K::8:/:1::K::K::8: and bt :6::K::6_::8: are particularly bad for this. hell, it's even quicker to enter the stance yourself from those moves. if he can enter and exit hs/rhs so quickly on his own, why not from other moves?
  • sidestep kick should avoid lows like standalone :8::K: and have the option to enter dho
  • running punch should avoid lows like standalone 236p
  • fix on screen move list showing incorrect moves after certain moves and stances, or none at all
  • and the obvious stuff, change his hs/rhs to :9::P+K: (:8::P+K: is the ground pounce), fix getting stuck in it if you clip through your opponent or they free step, and fix the backwards inputs after moves like 4t and the opponent teching
most of these probably aren't necessary and may even be complicating things, but i just like having options and hate seeing moves go to waste.

and yeah, those moves are both the same sergio.

Last edited:

Tulkas

Premium Donor
return old dho :2::K:, which is :1::H+K:. input could be dho :2::H+K:

Does actual DHO :2::K: crush highs? If it doesn't then :1::H+K: from DHO sould be brought back because there's not other high crush move from DHO. However I would prefer keep same input from normal stance because it would be easy to learn and would avoid potential confusions...

Seppu

it does, but it's not instant like :1::H+K:, it takes around 20 frames to enter crouching state. and as with most strong punches and kicks in doa, if the input was :2::H+K: for example, :1:/:3::H+K: would work too.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
i don't know, maybe that's too much. :6::P::6::P: is one of his few moves that knocks the opponent back, seeing as we lost that for :6::6::P:. if that caused limbo, :H+K::P: and it's variations probably would too.

speaking of that, it would be nice to see :H+K: cause the opponent to spin around on nh hit again, and :H+K::K::K: to guard break again. dho :P+K: used to guard break too, guaranteeing his launching punch or kick afterwards.
Hm... I'm afraid if :H+K: cause the opponent to spin around (like actual BT :K:) then :H+K::P: and :H+K::2::K: will miss because this stun pushes opponent very far away... so I think actual :H+K: is good as it is.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
it does, but it's not instant like :1::H+K:, it takes around 20 frames to enter crouching state. and as with most strong punches and kicks in doa, if the input was :2::H+K: for example, :1:/:3::H+K: would work too.
So, we need :1::H+K: from DHO! Oh! I've not noticed :1:/:3::H+K: would work! So :2::H+K: input is really fine. ;) :)

Seppu

Hm... I'm afraid if :H+K: cause the opponent to spin around (like actual BT :K:) then :H+K::P: and :H+K::2::K: will miss because this stun pushes opponent very far away... so I think actual :H+K: is good as it is.
as for the kicks, it could be the second kick that causes the spin, or on ch. the punch and low kick would still reach.

it's fine how it is at the moment, but it was just a suggestion. i was thinking something along the lines of :H+K::K::P+K:, which would cause the unholdable bt stun for :K::8:, :K::K::K:, :H+P:.

Tones

Premium Donor
Have 214p+h a stance/evasive movement (like 4p) which free steps slightly. Hold 4 to end up in BT with slightly less recovery. Have it so if you press 214p+hp it's the same as doing the current 214p+h.

Give him pp214p+h as an entery to the stance.

Tones

Premium Donor
Since I played Eliot a bit... Eliot's hitbox/hurt box in his attacks is a million times tighter than Brad Wong's. Brad would benefit from having the same thing. It's evasiveness that require skill to actually put you out of chance of getting hurt.

Also they need to give him back his laying entries from 2k+fk2 etc.

ShinQuan

Hope they changed that 44/66 HS to that jump status they were talking about. Hope his new moves in DOA5U are not unsafe useless moves.. Hopefully they take some new awesome inspirational moves from Drunken Master II :D Ill be upset if he doesnt get the same new move treatment as everyone else...although I dont know why he wouldnt get that. Unless of course its because hes not a DOA girl.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Hope they changed that 44/66 HS to that jump status they were talking about.
I agree, even 9p can be hitted by lows.

Hope his new moves in DOA5U are not unsafe useless moves..
I didn't found too much useless moves of Brad, specially because unsafe moves also have uses such as on stunned opponents and juggles. When I play offline with my friends (which are strong doa players) they regret a lot about deep stuns that Brad easily causes but their characters don't. So I supose a character can't get all good things because would be broken.

Ill be upset if he doesnt get the same new move treatment as everyone else...although I dont know why he wouldnt get that. Unless of course its because hes not a DOA girl.
LOL (because of that of "doa girl") LOL

Dude what "new move treatment as everyone else" is?

ShinQuan

I mean i just hope everyone gets equal treatment in terms of receiving new moves. Meaning
I hope Brad doesnt get crapped on with not as many new moves as more popular characters. Time will tell of course.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
I mean i just hope everyone gets equal treatment in terms of receiving new moves. Meaning
I hope Brad doesnt get crapped on with not as many new moves as more popular characters. Time will tell of course.
I would be satisfied if he got more transitions into stances for example LFT 68 getting into HS and improved move properties...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD