System What would make LR better than Ultimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm so right, we should rename the hand opposite your left the "brute-hand."

Yurlungur

Lol, Dude no. Just no.

If Ayane was so "borderline broken", she would be dominating more tournaments offline, which she isn't exactly doing. She does take a tremendous amount of skill to play properly I admit, but every single tool she has is part of her overall gameplay and are perfectly fair. The Ayane MU is a difficult one because she simply forces you to fight smart compared to most other characters. IMHO, Ayane's probably one of the better overall balanced characters in terms of completeness. She requires no nerfs or buffs. She's fine as is and rewards players that properly dedicate to her. She's no win button.

Lol @HajinShinobi. C'mon I'm not all shenanigans xD.

How many c. viper players do you playing street fighter? I'm literally one of the 3 players in ontario who can play her efficiently. Viper is borderline broken in competent hands. She's extremely difficult and people would rather play cammy because the pay off is easier but that doesn't mean viper isn't extremely good. I can literally do an invincible low into a cross up overhead which is safe and can continue to mix up but it's considered hard to since the movement would me 623+pp,9,214+h+k, 2+mp, 214+mp(pp), 6mp is basically a standard mix up string with her. That's difficult to pull off and to still do that constantly in a match.

As i said ayane has certain tools no character deserves, 4p and bt. 4h+k. While i'm not disagreeing with her style because i don't mind a dedicated zoning character it's just those two tools inparticular are way too good.

Zeo

It's not even that those tools are broken or no one deserves them, Ayane isn't even the best character in the game. It's that the top 10 are notably better than the latter half of the cast. Even so only 3 or 4 characters are just plain better than everyone else in the cast. The issue isn't nerfing tools that aren't even broken but improving what needs to be improved to bring the rest of the cast up to par in their own way.

Obviously every character won't play exactly the same or be as good as the other, perfect balance is impossible. But no character should be better than another character in literally every way possible.

Why play a character like Ein when Ayane literally does everything better than him? Because you like him right? What if you want to win? You'll try harder right? But that's putting in extra effort, but I'm doing it because I like the character right? But my personal preference has nothing to do with it, this was about balance, why are there characters that are superior to other characters in every way possible? Shouldn't every character have a certain aspect about them that makes them worth playing?

TL;DR: Ayane doesn't have any tools that are particularly broken. There are just some characters that don't have tools that quite match up to hers. There's really nothing about her that needs to be nerfed. If I was going to throw around nerfs, they would be to Christie or Gen.

Last edited:

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
@Force_of_Nature I meant that in a good way. :cool:

Guess I am the "Rushdown Ayane" afterall... lol.

@Yurlungur Umm, are you saying that C. Viper should be nerfed? That's essentially the argument you're throwing at Ayane.

The thing about Ayane is that she's balanced enough that she'll never dominate an opponent that knows how to fight her (unless she gets in your head of course ;)). Ayane's tools are good because of how frickin' hard it is to utilize them properly. She can fuck up, like, once and then she gets raped. Winning with her is not as easy as someone like Hajin or myself may make it look.

@Zeo Ayane is miles more difficult to utilize than Ein. Ein makes up for his much higher ease of use by having to utilize what tools he does have more effectively. He's a good example of a beginner character. Easy to use, challenging to win with (Hitomi existing doesn't help his case though...)

Brute

Standard Donor
Alright, we've all had enough fun, but this isn't a "perceived balance" thread.

Back to topic, gents.

Reactions: Zeo

Aven Kujo-Gin

Don't know where should I ask this, so I will leave it here.
What is the difference between improve the DOA5U version to LR and buying Last Round itself? I'm on XBOX360 by the way.

Corza

Standard Donor
What is the difference between improve the DOA5U version to LR and buying Last Round itself? I'm on XBOX360 by the way.

You should only buy LR if you plan to move to PS4 or Xbox One.

Aven Kujo-Gin

You should only buy LR if you plan to move to PS4 or Xbox One.
So basically, if I improve my DOA5U to LR, what did I get? Did I will have all the DOA5 costumes for free as well as P4, Nyo and MR? And what about Raidou and the other character?

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
You'll receive general system and character changes that will be in Last Round for 360/PS3. All of your previously bought and stored DLC will be available in Last Round. Not entirely sure about LR's new stages and characters, costumes and hairstyles though. I "think" those are on PS4/Xbox One.

Corza

Standard Donor
So basically, if I improve my DOA5U to LR, what did I get? Did I will have all the DOA5 costumes for free as well as P4, Nyo and MR? And what about Raidou and the other character?

You won't get anything for free, those are all DLC, as far as I know. If you upgrade your 5U to 5LR, you will be able to play against LR players. That's pretty much it, besides the balance changes.

Aven Kujo-Gin

Ok, thank you everyone :)

You'll receive general system and character changes that will be in Last Round for 360/PS3. All of your previously bought and stored DLC will be available in Last Round. Not entirely sure about LR's new stages and characters, costumes and hairstyles though. I "think" those are on PS4/Xbox One.
Stages are only for PS4/ONE, but I'm not so sure about the characters being available or not in the current gen.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
So for the current gen you have to buy Raidou and the new girl but for next gen you have for free? :confused:
Edit: Just to make sure, I'm talking about LR itself, not DOA5U to LR.
To be honest, We don't get them for free, as we have to spend £28 for the full game to play them. If 5U came to next gen, and Raidou and the New Girl was free, then there would be a problem, lol.

Corza

Standard Donor
Or PC. Don't forget PC

The only reason why I'm happy about that is because 3D model artists will have easy access to the costumes and whatnot. Other than that it's just splitting the community even more. But I'm not complaining, I know many people wanted a PC version for ages.

Argentus

Long story short, LR is just a standard patch, but if you get it in next gen there's also new hairstyles and stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD