What would you like to see in DOA6?

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
If there is tag in DOA6 (hopefully not ffs) I want all the stages to be available, and modified for tag. Playing like 5 stages for tag is boring af.
Having single mode stages available for tag would be a problem (due to dangerzones, cliffhangers, etc). It's best if tag mode just stays on tag stages.

P2p1mbs

Aren't there already plenty of discussions with this very topic already being discussed? Eh, whatever, here's my wishlist:
  • More slopped stages like in doau and 4
  • return of moving danger zones like in doa4 (such as moving cars)
  • LESS small closed square/octagon/circle stages
  • more weather effects in stages like rain (but DO NOT remake burai zenin) or snowstorms
  • remake of the koku an (or any snow stage so long as they bring back the snowman :))
  • remake of waterfall valley (aka the best looking stage in doa ever)
  • add minigames, they can do this by ditching the doax spinoff games entirely by adding the different minigames (volleyball and jetski mainly) as unlockable features (or at least paid dlc)
  • ALL costumes destructible by default (but can be disabled)
  • unlockable figurines like in doa dimensions
  • a cg gallery like in doau
  • unlockable private paradise movies rather than paid dlc
  • unlockable cg endings like in doa3 and 4 (unlocked thru arcade or time attack)
  • doau style collection mode with the many different collectible items (collecting all items unlocks all non-dlc content)
  • a character like Mokujin from Tekken that uses entire movelists of different characters per match (TN can make it a plot twist by bringing back the training dummy from doa1 as an Ayane clone to do this)
  • Genra or a female Genra replacement character
  • Irene Lew as a playable character
  • Naotora does NOT return
  • Rachel and Momiji return and are confirmed as NOT GUEST characters (I am VERY sure this will happen)
  • Jann Lee DIES. PAINFULLY
  • a character (preferably female and/or european) who uses savate
  • a language setting that lets us have the different characters speak in their native language as opposed to all english or all japanese (or at the very least, make the english voice actors use accents that match the character's nationality like having Eliot speak in a british accent and Mila in a spanish accent)
  • a special attract mode like in doa3, ultimate, or 4

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Aren't there already plenty of discussions with this very topic already being discussed? Eh, whatever, here's my wishlist:
  • more weather effects in stages like rain (but DO NOT remake burai zenin) or snowstorms
  • remake of the koku an (or any snow stage so long as they bring back the snowman :))
  • add minigames, they can do this by ditching the doax spinoff games entirely by adding the different minigames (volleyball and jetski mainly) as unlockable features (or at least paid dlc)
  • unlockable cg endings like in doa3 and 4 (unlocked thru arcade or time attack)
  • doau style collection mode with the many different collectible items (collecting all items unlocks all non-dlc content)
  • a character like Mokujin from Tekken that uses entire movelists of different characters per match (TN can make it a plot twist by bringing back the training dummy from doa1 as an Ayane clone to do this)
  • Rachel and Momiji return and are confirmed as NOT GUEST characters (I am VERY sure this will happen)
  • a language setting that lets us have the different characters speak in their native language as opposed to all english or all japanese (or at the very least, make the english voice actors use accents that match the character's nationality like having Eliot speak in a british accent and Mila in a spanish accent)
I'm down with all those except British Eliot...i like his current voice

Cold59

That or they could add color variants like in X3, for each swimsuit and outfit they offer 4 or 6 different recolors
Not a fan of recoloring the same outfit it gives off a lazy vibe imo like leifangs 4 different colored dresses takes up slots but doesn't really add anything to the game

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Not a fan of revolting the same outfit it gives off a lazy vibe imo like leifangs 4 different colored dresses takes up slots but doesn't really add anything to the game
No I mean like if they sell it as DOC, they would let you choose which color of the outfit you want on the customization menu before the fight, it wouldn't take up slots and characters like Leifang and Eliot who have recolors of their defaults would just have those colors in the custom menu for that one outfit

Cold59

I used the search to look for this topic and, didn't see one.

In regards to character creation, I'd like to just be able to color their 1ps and 2ps with their hair included. I dont think that's alot to ask for.
If they do decide to implement CC i think they could make lots of money by releasing DLC specifically catered to that on top of the mashups they do Im sure theyd be making money. Especially in a game that's as gorgeous as DOA

TakedaZX

1. Better character models for the males. The bodies are mostly alright especially for Hayabusa and say Hayate. But across the board excluding maybe Zack and Eliot... all these dudes look busted.

I'd like something similar to DOA4 on facial features. These niggas aren't 45+ so why they look like Mister Miyagi...

2. A Better netcode. This current one is a disgrace. Like holy shit.

3. Remove the stigma guaranteed damage should only come from a set of stuns. Stuns that guarantee damage should receive their own name just like critical burst receive it's own name and mechanic so that guts stuns and true crumple stuns can be added to the list.

As for the stuns that are changed to not give a guaranteed follow up but are still sit down stuns... These would give the player an opportunity to mix up. An example is Hayate 3K. In DoA4 it sat down but since he had no follow up to it this opened up for multiple opportunities.

He had to dash in for most options but the advantage was high so it resulted in him being able to get 8p and 9k easily. What's more is 4k6k also would launch even if they didn't hold though you would have to delay it.

Some other characters could use this kind of a stun like Eliot. Its obvious they don't want him to have a guaranteed launch but he could at least get a mix up into a launch like 9k or I guess h3p.

Just some thoughts.

4. Forced techs are the only kind of ground game that we have and unfortunately wake up kicks are still super powerful. A lot of characters have ways to deal with them but it's a such a tedious battle and you give up pressure too easily.

I'd like the ground game to return to closer to what it was in Vanilla. Not necessarily a lot of combos should lead to a guaranteed force up but there should be some aspect of pressure to open up people who simply lay out the entire game.

Hitomi can 1k off of any sweep knockdown and loop it to make the opponent tech or delay it just enough to reset the ground hit counter.

More characters should be able to take advantage of aspects like this to chase down and expose opponents. More than just grapplers.

5. To expand on the last idea there should be much more juggle options across the board that are viable in their own right to make the character feel unique. This means mid combo bound type moves and hard knockdown that retain a juggle state. Ryu has this off of his power blow mid juggle but it is a techable knockdown. If they don't tech he can follow up with 236p, WR 4KK for good damage.

Anyway... that's all for now.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'd like the ground game to return to closer to what it was in Vanilla. Not necessarily a lot of combos should lead to a guaranteed force up but there should be some aspect of pressure to open up people who simply lay out the entire game.

I feel half and half on this, only because I have my ground game down to a tee with the characters I play (on-reaction set ups, which are more important). However I kind of do miss the untechables as well because it really did add on some pretty outstanding pressure once you built a game plan for it. You can do that now and since when DOA5 Ultimate released, just needed to re-adjust to the new game of force techs, and not untechables.

At this point in the game's life, I am literally never afraid of just laying on the ground when I get knocked down because I already know majority of my opponents do not have on-reaction set ups in their repertoire (this also includes consistent tournament players). Its either no-timing or something half-assed and they guess the situation instead of controlling it.

Last edited:

TakedaZX

I feel half and half on this, only because I have my ground game down to a tee with the characters I play (on-reaction set ups, which are more important). However I kind of do miss the untechables as well because it really did add on some pretty outstanding pressure once you built a game plan for it. That you can't do that now and since when DOA5 Ultimate released, just needed to re-adjust to the new game.

At this point in the game's life, I am literally never afraid of just laying on the ground when I get knocked down because I already know majority of my opponents do not have on-reaction set ups in their repertoire (this also includes consistent tournament players). Its either no-timing or something half-assed and they guess the situation instead of controlling it.
Yea that's very true. You know I play Hayate and to tell the truth, the damage loss for my untechable set ups is actually pretty high. It probably wouldn't make as much of a difference for some stun to launch options but he definitely has no easy answers that I'm aware of since my return.

The idea isn't to make the Oki busted though. It's just to make wake ups less dumb overall. I like Hitomi's 1k set ups as a frame work. It's not free but it makes the opponent have to think rather than just spam wake up options.

Also to add onto my post. I think certain moves that mid crush and even low crush should be more consistent across the board. I never really feel this problem with characters like Kasumi but with say Hayate (214P) and Ryu 33P I feel like things are less consistent. In turn that should result an addition of better true mids.

This could be a blessing and a curse for some of the cast but it definitely would help because I feel like anything can anti air in this game... even some lows and I'd rather be forced to flash kick or 9K to get the results of it means getting a better result off of crushing.

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
What I would like to see in DOA6 is:
  • A more developed personality and back story for characters like Kokoro, Hitomi, Honoka, Mila, Rig and almost everybody else that has a bland personality.
  • Character specific intro’s and outtro’s like Leon and Bayman have.
  • More unique tag intro’s outtro’s and tag throws.
  • Costume packs that fits the character instead of copy paste costumes.
  • More collaboration DLC costumes since most of them look good.
  • More developed stages and weather options.
  • Removing the option to cancel rank matches.
  • Making tutorial mandatory before being able to go online.
  • No more free to play version but a demo instead.
  • Handicap matches
  • Better netcode
  • More alternate hairstyles.
  • Costumes of past instalments
  • New PB’s and cliffhanger options.
  • The departure of Gen fu, Alpha 152 & Ein.
  • Ein’s fighting style fused with hayate’s style.
  • A longer, less chaotic story mode.
  • Arcade endings.
  • More moves for characters with small move sets like Raidou and Rachel.
  • Genra returning.
  • Tamaki, Misaki and Luna debuting.
  • No more costume and hair clipping.
  • Instead of panty change options, the option to remove a jacket or shirt.
  • And last but not least, NO BALD SHADOWS.

Last edited:

Shirataki Tsume

I would also like improved hair physics as well. Tina's hair barely moves in DOA5 when it used to move more freely in the previous games.

I like Phase 4 to have a more aggressive personality. When she says "Jama shinaide" ("out of the way") she says it in a more aggressive tone and facial expression, and give her longer canine teeth.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
  • Ass jiggle(Eliot included)
  • Clothes tearing
  • More sweat
  • Better body curves and more defined muscle
  • Longer thicker loose hair
  • More sweat
  • Better dirt and dirt is allowed to go on faces
  • Characters can have eyes open when hit and can occasionally close only one when struck
  • Nipple bumps
  • Better wet clothes effects
  • More intros and outros, allow tag poses and outros to also be used by that character in solo fight modes
  • Character specific intros and interactions
  • More hairstyles
  • More eyewear options
  • Accessories are able to be removed
  • Language is now character specific and you can select who speaks Japanese and English
  • Better music, EDM, depressing, traditional, etc.
  • Better netcode
  • Closer camera zoom in spectator mode
  • Intros and tag intros and outros viewable in movies extra mode
  • Soft engine from X3 added
  • Better skin reactions, like stomachs squelch together when lying on the ground
  • Characters continue to emit cries of pain and groan and moan after a KO during overkill. Can curse or yell in agony as well
  • Hair can become messy
  • All remixes added as music tracks including missing music
  • Male body models are on par with the detail put into the girls, Eliot should also have a somewhat more feminine but still somewhat muscular body shape due to his build
  • Glasses can be struck off of the character like Bass's shades could be in DOA4.
  • Make the health bars thicker like in the arcade version, also add the small character portraits of the characters eyes below their names
  • Bangs and sidelocks have more movement, Kasumi for example has her ponytails and braid move but the bangs hardly sway at all in combat, Eliot's hair also should move a lot more
  • Butts should stick out more I'm certain poses instead of having the inner thighs clip into the butt. Butts should also be plumper
  • Option to remove bras in outfits that incorporate them
  • Shirtless option for set outfits for the guys
This is still what I want xD

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Nooooooooo.
giphy.gif

This is still what I want xD
Basically a even more sexualised DOA, I’m surprised you didn’t list dick prints in it. (Which I wouldn’t mind having in the game)

P2p1mbs

here's some more of what I would like to see (I posted these in a different discussion but may as well bring them up again here):
  • When it comes to character customization, more alt options for the girls is a given but I personally really hope they bring back Tina's brown hair. When Rachel does come back, they can give her her assassin style from sigma just to further make the connection to Christie.
  • When it comes to returning characters, new/returning moves is always welcome. I'm kinda hoping Mila incorporates more moves derived from the Armstrong's just to show her connection to them.
  • I can imagine Donovan finally becoming playable with Genra's moves since Genra is the only boss that hasn't either come back or got a replacement. The fact that Donovan has his mask makes this very likely.
  • I've noticed that Honoka doesn't have any moves copied from any character introduced in 5, the obvious explanation being that she hasn't been able to copy their moves since she never saw them before, I fully expect this won't be the case for 6.
  • No more paid DLC characters; they already said that they felt that paying for new characters is unfair but did it anyways and came across as hypocrites as a result (i get that KT likely forced them to make new characters paid DLC but it doesn't help that they did so anyway). If they're going to add extra characters, release them for free and charge for their costumes or just add them in a rerelease (it's not like they don't plan to do a rerelease anyways).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD