Who's your favorite DOA character¿ and why¿

Awesmic

Standard Donor
You forgot about her being a stock broker as mentioned in DOAXBV.
Tina's a half human, half-esper, a wrestler, a movie star, a rock star, and soon-to-be governor.

Hitomi's a karate practitioner, the wing Goddess of Gaia, and a possible rebound girl for Leifang (since its unlikely Jann Lee or Ein will ever settle with either of them).

Eliot is Gen Fu's student, a Gundam pilot, and a main character of Hunter x Hunter.

Zack is a Legomaniac, a Power Ranger, a resort owner, a self-taught Muay Thai practitioner, and voiced a Super Saiyan.

Hayabusa is a super ninja, a Bronze Saint who can't die, and quite possibly Captain Ginyu in disguise.

Bass is a pro wrestler, a stunt double for Hogan, and is rumored to be made of Bassinium.

OK, let me stop while I'm ahead...

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
LOL also... Zack's the 5th Teletubby.
image.jpg

Nameless Sama

My FIRST and only favourite and lovly DOA character is Ryu because he can do the Izuna Drop dude but thats not the real reason. The real reason is that I have played with Ryu for about 7 years on Xbox. I love this Ninja not because of his strength or that he is called the Ultimate Dragon Ninja. I like his personal character. He looks scary but he is a very good person. He is dont like Hayate or Jahn Lee to boast with their strength. Ryu doesnt talk much I love that. A slince Ninja is a very good ninja too. He is like stfu I have no time I will kill you anyway. Ryu is my MAIN CHARACTER for ever.

I like Ein too. He was my 2 Main on DOAU. As I was 15 Years old I learned karate. I began on DOAU to play with Ein and Ryu on Tag. My Tag experince had begun.

Besides Ryu I love Kasumi from the Girls. Kasumi remembers me on my little sister but doesnt matter. Kasumi is almost like Ryu. She has a nice personality and is a very good Tag Partner for my Ryu. Ryu and Kasumi have many commonalities for example costoumes , Hair styles or that their revenge ;).

So thats enough ^^ see you

Nameless :hayabusa:

David Gregg

So... then why not get all the other parents up in this? Like Kasumi/Ayane/Hayate's mom? I mean we see her all up in DOA2:Ultimate or hell how about we mix it up and throw in Hitomi's old man?

Unfortunately people are pushing for them to be playable as well. Shiden is playable in Dimensions and there were "some" people who wanted Ayame (Kasumi/Ayane/Hayate's mom) to be playable as well.

In terms of the whole Miyako thing, like I said about Kasumi alpha she's an interesting character who I want to know more about in say story mode, but she doesn't need to be playable. DOAD had the best story b/c it included non-playable characters (like Irene) and incorporated them very well.

Number 13

#1 Ein because he was the OG karate character that prefers to speak with his fists.

#2 Hayabusa....because of his merits accomplished in NG/ DoA/ Warrior Or.

#3 Eliot because this kid is really young yet is already a great fighter no doubt a prodigy. The fact that he is a pupil to Gen Fu gives him bonus points.

#4 Rig because he is a TKD character with a bunch of tattoos.

David Gregg

:eliot: He isn't a macho man he's an ordinary kid trying to live up to his mentor's expectations so he's relatable I guess. Plus I've liked his fighting style since I used him in 4. It was very natural to me and despite what some people think you can do some damage with him.

o_YUE_o

5.gif

Hmm... I like her character. One of those Ditzy girls who pays attention to nothing, but kicks ass when she's serious.

KingGhidorah

Right now, Momiji. She's so laid back and adorable.~ I adore her 3rd win pose where she leans down over her opponent and respectfully taunts them. Just perfect. <3

And not to mention she's a Shrine Maiden and Kunoichi with some incredible moves. All in all, what isn't there to like about her? <3

o_YUE_o

Right now, Momiji. She's so laid back and adorable.~ I adore her 3rd win pose where she leans down over her opponent and respectfully taunts them. Just perfect. <3

And not to mention she's a Shrine Maiden and Kunoichi with some incredible moves. All in all, what isn't there to like about her? <3
I'll show her some respect too... *directs camera to her rear end*

Xernuht

I'll show her some respect too... *directs camera to her rear end*
You and me both, buddy.
162778_1261054022494_1714006255_458154_1912761_n.jpg

Anyways, having had time to fully invest some time into DOA5 and DOA5U, I figured I should revisit this topic. My tastes have matured, after all... well, maybe only a little.

Carried over from 5:
:mila:/:rig:: These two were the characters that sealed the deal for me: an MMA fighter trying to live upto her idol's standards and a Taekwondo amnesiac Canadian voiced by Liam O'Brien. The rest of the cast is great, but these two sealed the deal, and they're both characters I'm trying to improve with... although Rig's taking some getting used to, still.

:hitomi:: I knew Kasumi before I knew Hitomi, but her hard-hitting styles were another drawing point for me. Also, dat denim jacket. Just... dat denim jacket.

:hayabusa:: The Dragon Ninja. Master of the Izuna Drop. Mr. "Screw you guys, I've got my own series that's equally awesome.". He led me to DOA, which brought me to NG, which brought me right back with a greater appreciation for the ninjas... except for Hayate.

:helena:/:kokoro:: Honestly, probably the two greatest examples of 3D fighting game beauty. Helena's position as the Big Good and Kokoro's ditzy cuteness are quite endearing to me. Also, They were the only girls who looked decent up close in the pre-5 games. I also love seeing Ba Ji Quan in games.

:bradwong:: Drunken Fist. Hella fun to play as. 'Nuff said.

Added with 5U:
:momiji:: News of her making it to 5U pushed me to getting NG3:RE that much sooner to understand what the hype was about. After that, plus a little online research to fill in the blanks, I was hyped with everyone else. Now that she's playable, she feels like the only new character to completely live up to my expectations, and is fast becoming my new main.

:leon:: Leon's gameplay itself felt... weird, so I didn't play him for long, but I see some amazing power in him, and he has some of the best fight dialogue, hands down. "Come back after you pick up your teeth!"

:ein:: The man Hayate should still be... personality-wise. Hayate: mostly a dick. Ein: Kind, spirited competitor. It's nice that Hayate warms up around Hitomi and the other ninja, but I can't help but think if he was a bit more Ein-y, he'd be more popular and therefore not the first guy down in 5's story mode. Also, good vibrations. Also also, Vigaku.

Aven Kujo-Gin

Leon, because...
1- His original design, ever saw an italian who dresses as an arabic and uses a russian combat style? (Even if he now used CQC his original was sambo)
2- His brutality.
3- His awesome back story, how he have to fight to prove the last words of his lover! And also the mistery around him, you know the still unknow relationship with Zack and Bayman.
4- His personality, cruel, merciless but also soft and emotional when he think about Roland. Also always given zero fucks about everything, and the bit of humor he has sometimes(See quotes like "Come back once you've wiped your ass!")
5- And of course, because he is indeed, the Strongest Man In The World.

:leon:"Roland... mitteru ka?"

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
I like Lei Fang and Hitomi the most - the first DOA-related game that I've EVER played was DOA3.
My reaction was more or less the same as when I first saw Mai on CVS1 -
they were gorgeous and I was NOT ready for them. Their design pretty much stuck with me ever since.

Gurimmjaw

Hmmm lets see here....

#1 Kasumi- She is very quick and I like quick characters so she instantly became my favorite character especially knowing her story and personality. It was sad knowing she became a runaway ninja to avenge her brother's death(though later finds out he alive). She is a very kind hearted which is what I like most about her and will do anything in her power to do what she must.

#2 Jann Lee- Well I like Bruce Lee type characters so I always like using those types in fighting games. WATAAA!!! Plus like him story wise too and im a huge Bruce Lee fan so...yeah lol.

#3 Helena- I really love her fighting style mainly and how she is able to mix up and she seems to be a really popular character as well in DoA plus I like french girls so its a win!! Also storywise I love her a lot and personality wise.

#4 Christie- She became one of my favorites since DoA3 when I first got into DoA. I like her strikes since they are very fast. Plus she is badass and is an assassin and love her sadistic personality.

#5 Hitomi- Powerful strikes, and is a tomboy. Reminds me of Makoto from SF so I really like her style.

#6- Hayate. While some like Ryu Hayabusa as their favorite male ninja I like Hayate as mine. I always found him more interesting and prefer him over Ryu Hayabusa. His moves I really like.

#7 Tina- Well she's a female grappler and female grapplers are AWESOME!!!...and tits...lol

#8 Lei Fang- Well I like her cause she's a very interesting character as well as her personality as well and she a hard character to use but nonetheless I like using her in the DoA games.

#9 Rig- He one of the new characters in the DoA series I really like I would and my favorite One out of the new characters from DoA4-DoA5/U. Plus he looks awesome and I like the english voice actor he has. Liam O'Brien FTW!!!

#10 Momiji- She comes from Ninja Gaiden I think? So I immediately picked her up and love her style and personality.

#11 Ayane- Used her since DoA and she has a very tricky style that catches opponents off guard which I really love about her

#12 Alpha152- Well I used to play against her in Dead or Alive 4. That AI was severely messed up with her and made me salty as hell. Glad I was able to choose her in Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate.

#13 Ryu Hayabusa- Even though I don't really like him too much in Dead or Alive games I do like him in Ninja Gaiden so he still one of my favorites. He's a super ninja an elite so he's still awesome.

benderlax

1. Kokoro- Because she's gentle and I love playing with her. She's also cute. Her strikes are very powerful and brutal.

2. Mila- Because I love her tomboyish style. She is very interesting as a character.

3. Marie Rose- Because she's cute and very easy to use.

4. Honoka- I find Honoka to be very interesting because she is able to mix fighting styles of other characters.

5. Hitomi- Her strikes are powerful. I like her fighting style. Denim fits well on her.

6. Kasumi- She has very quick strikes which I have taken a liking to.

7. Helena- Her awesome backstory, as well as her very quick strikes, and the fact that she is French.

8. Tina- I like her story wise, as well as her personality.

9. Christie- She's a badass. I like her powerful and quick strikes.

10. Hayate- He is an awesome ninja. I also like his taunts.

11. Jann Lee- I am a fan of Bruce Lee films. His battle cries like "Whooo!" really seal the deal.

12. Eliot- He's young and has a lot to learn. I like his moves.

13. Lisa- I like her personality and her very fast kicks.

14. Phase 4- She's like Kasumi, but darker.

Last edited:
1. Kasumi- cuz she’s like the Shit ‍♂️
2. Lisa/Honoka- Lisa I like her fighting style it looks so nice animation wise. Honoka- Idk tbh I just choose her

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD