Who's your favorite DOA character¿ and why¿

loralei

I'm teetering between Kasumi and Hitomi. I grew up playing DoA3 with my dad (I was around 5 or 6?) and Kasumi was always my go to girl. Then, after I tearfully sold my Xbox and all of my games, I completely forgot about DoA. At the beginning of this year, I was just browsing around pointlessly around Youtube, and then I saw Kasumi in that little screenshot thingy of the videos. And I was like " HOLY FUCK I REMEMBER THIS WOMAN". So yeah, Kasumi because I grew up playing with her, and because she left enough of an impression on me that I remembered who she was after 9 years. Hell, I even named my left pinky finger after her. After that, I started shifting towards Hitomi. I loved her personality (DoA3 and DoA2U only though, I have no idea what happened to her in DoA4)
she was just so tomboyish! But then I felt bad and guilty for feeling that cause Kasumi was still my girl. So yeah, I'm torn. I love everybody else too!

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'm about to get nerdy on this one. My favorite is Kasumi.
The reason why is when I 1st picked up DOA, I had already had this vendetta aboutt using girls in a fighting game. I 1st started using Jann Lee, Ryu, & Zack. I still wasn't satisfied. Plus, I'm a ninja fan, point blank. I wanted somebody real quick & fast to use and then I got pointed out to her for reccomendation. So then I swallowed my pride & used her & when I learned her, with all of the things I mentioned, she was THE 1st female fighter I've ever used in a fighting game ever! I know Chun-Li was the 1st female ever & she's my fav too, but Kasumi is my 1st favorite female fighter. Plus when push come to shove, she'll beat your ass. Every since then, I was on the Kasumi bandwagon. Loved her like she's a sister. lol
Besides Kasumi:
Ayane ( I always fucked with her. Prolly my 2nd fav out of the cast)
Ryu (obviously a fav. Especially cause I'm a NG fan)
Hayate
Tina
Christie
Hitomi

Xernuht

Well, now that I've invested some time playing characters and learning me some story, I can give my current lists of faves.

Faves to play:
1: Mila (nothing new to say)
2: Ayane (current secondary, trickier to play, but her moves look swagtastic)
3: Zack (I know haters be hating, but he's so energetic in a fight)
4: Kasumi (I can't explain why, but to me, her style feels the most brutal)
5: Sarah (can't play her for s**t, but she's SO MUCH FUN anyways)

Faves for plot and other reasons ;)
1: Helena (the series' big good, and the one who holds the A-and-B plots together)
2: Kasumi (the main heroine of the A plot, and she's just likeable)
3: Ryu (if Ninja Gaiden didn't exist, I'd wonder why he wasn't the hero.)
4: Rig (please, writers, I want to see continued Canadian representation, and for other spoilery reasons)
5: Tina (better be Governer in DOA6)

I've mostly been avoiding Tag Battle, but I'll have my favorite teams eventually.

shunwong

I play Shun Di in VF and I'm starting to really like Gen Fu in DOA...I'm beginning to worry I have this thing for old guys...LOL

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Overall, I'd have to say my favourite DOA character is Ayane. :Ayane:

2227797-doa3_ayane_ending.png

Besides being absolutely gorgeous and cute, she just has this mystique to her that the other characters don't really have. It's obvious that the spotlight is on Kasumi most of the time since she was her village's "little princess" so Ayane has this kind of sympathetic "shunned little sister" feel to her. Basically she's not a bitch for no reason. She even had a great story focused around her in DOA3 where the final boss was her foster father. You get to see her true personality and notice that she's not just moody all the time but is actually a caring individual that is deeply devoted to her ninja clan. Just look at how she acted around Hayabusa, Hayate or Genra for example. She shows admiration and respect. On the other hand she was a bitch to a very distraught Helena in DOA2 I'll admit -_-.

However really, if anything, Ayane's twirling moves just look plain badass!

Here's my main favs.

1. Ayane
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Helena
4. Hitomi
5. Rig

FatalxInnocence

1. Kokoro

I like the whole traditional Japanese thing she has going for her, being a Geisha. The cute look, the hair. Her voice & personality, the whole package!

2. Kasumi

Her story is probably the most intriguing to me, and I have to say she is probably the strongest personality wise. Even after all the problems she'd had to face she continues to fight- and her age... I don't know! for her age you have to give her credit. She's the character with the most problems and yet she continues to be kind and refuses to give up! She's an awesome character!

3. Helena

I love her look, and the way she fights. To be honest one of the main reasons I like her is her voice when she's fighting. The noise from the bokuho throw just makes me laugh.

4. Lei-Fang

Similar reasons to Kokoro, but Chinese yet to a lesser extent. I do like her characters perseverance towards beating Jann Lee... it's cute! =]

5. Hitomi

To be honest I don't entirely know why she appeals to me. She just does.

Mavis

Kokoro because she seems to irritate alot of people. I love using annoying pokes and jabs to enhance further annoyance. Not only that but she reminds me of Aoi from VF5 who was a favorite of mine also.

Oh and Cherry Blossoms and Warriors.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Kokoro because she seems to irritate alot of people. I love using annoying pokes and jabs to enhance further annoyance. Not only that but she reminds me of Aoi from VF5 who was a favorite of mine also.

Oh and Cherry Blossoms and Warriors.

'Don't Get too Worked Up' ;)

Gruff757

Standard Donor
1. Zack because I've been a fan since DOA
2. Lisa cause Luchadores(doras) are awesome
3. Bass cause he's too...damn......STROOOOOOOOONNNNG!!!!
4. Brad Wong because what's there to not like about him?
5. Beyblade......... the nickname alone should give the character and reason

in no particular order

1. Hitomi - She was my main in my very first Dead or Alive game which was DOA3, my entry into the series. I always liked her look, long hair denim jeans, and deadly punches and kicks. I also liked the whole Karate master she had going on, and her relationship with Hayate/Ein. Just playing her is also a blast because I get to keep thinking to myself, how should I mix my opponent up next? I do think she is getting to be a bit too...Moe should I say, but I'll overlook that since she can punch your face through solid concrete, while giggling the words "Hitomi Powering Up!"

2. Ein/Hayate - I always loved his design, once again I loved the Karate type moves, that even I could relate growing up. It looked pretty natural. I was a bit disappointed that they took Ein out of DOA5. Hayate was still there, and his game play always changes, I enjoy his ability to dictate an entire match basically by out thinking your opponent. He can't mindlessly rush, but he is great at getting inside the opponent's head and tricking them. He also has some bad ass wind dashes.

As for anyone else, I'll just mention characters that interest me.

I like Alpha, in terms of her game play, and being a total slut being...naked and all that jazz... xD Personally I think she is made of salt water with all the hate she receives.

Next is Kokoro, I haven't learned how to use her, but every time she says "Cherry Blossoms and Warriors" I for some reason have the biggest inkling to pick her up and play her.

ayane18

Ayane (she's perfect in every way)
Lei Fang (she's cute and I've won a shit load of online matches with her)
Tina (she has nice tits)

Squizzo

Brad - Endlessly fun to play and he's a drunken idiot just like me
Kasumi - Much better in 5, compared to 4
Ayane - Ninja + spinning * purple hair = Awesome
Hayate - Flows well and has some really good moves
Hitomi - Love her fighting style, looks and personality

SilverKhaos

Leon & Mila.

Leon for the sheer badassery that the series is now sorely lacking. Just how brutal and painful his moves were...and he had some of the best costumes of the series as well, especially in DOAU

Mila for inheriting some of Leon's badass brutal moves...as well as being hot and cute in her own way. Not to mention being one of the more realistic looking girls.

o Kid Frostie o

:kasumi: Because she caught my eye from the first time I set my eyes on DOA, but then there came along :hitomi:in DOA3. So I main both my Sexy girls. Kasumi with her lovely pokes and ninjustu, my lovely German/Japanese Hottie Hitomi with her sexy Karate, and her loving heart that belongs to Hayate :oops:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD