Why is Lisa white now?

synce

I thought it was kind of ridiculous how Zack became lighter in DOA5 but Lisa's flat out white now. I'd love to hear TN's explanation

lisa-old.jpg

lisa-new.jpg

R4712-VR88

Maybe they decided that she's a mixed race now? Darker than normal Caucasian's yet lighter than African American.

daman077c

Lisa was never black to begin with, IIRC, if that's what you're thinking. I was always under the assumption she was just really tan.

PhoenixVFIRE

Yeah, I gotta say this.... SHE IS AMERICAN! Nowhere does it say she is African-American or even Latino. She could be mixed there's TONS of light skinned people just like her.

KwonJigglypuff

Well, in that case, my example is perfect. To be honest, some people don't have the same definition of being black. Sometimes it's because of the blood, sometimes because of the complexion. Anyway, Lisa is beautiful on that picture. I find her a bit ugly on that Declaration Opening trailer.. her eyebrows.. grrr.

Darrell

Cause Team Ninja Racist. Listen to Zack! They think we all talk like that.............. Nah mean?

FakeSypha

Michael Jackson's syndrome?

I don't know why characters that start at a darker skin tend to go whiter with every iteration. Anyway, she's still damn hot... no matter if she is stated as white, latina, blatina, african, or whatever mix-up you can came up with.

KwonJigglypuff

Would be nice to have a bad-ass sexy black male like in Tekken or Jax.. Jax.. is.. so.. hot.
Not sure if something like this can happen with TN. Not calling them racist.

Random question : what is Vanessa "lighter" from VF4 to VF5 ? :eek:

KwonJigglypuff

You know black people come in different shades right?

We're not necessarely wondering if she is black or not, it's the sudden "white-washing" like someone said which is a bit surprising.
Hmmm.. I knew it was because of the Japanese. That would probably seem "less racist" if they officially defined her as latina, right ? :eek:

FakeSypha

No offense, but wow and she's ugly in both pics. Why do Virtua Fighter characters look so ape-like for their in game models?
Non taken my friend, lol. I use her in VF5, and no matter what costume I make her wear I can't please my eyes. She has super DEM thighs, tho. She has a very manly looking.

I hope TRI Mike gets in this thread and share towards his thoughs about Vanessa. He's a huge fan of her hahaha

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD