Characters Why we play Kasumi (Casual Thread)

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Out topic, but I'm bout done with this avatar (I don't usually post pics like this as a fan of MTC sisters. EVER! I enjoy them both because their fighting style. Not cause of how they look.) Now that's outta the way, here's my recent avatar. PPL been asking about so here. ENJOY!

Attachments

• 867.jpg
    867.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 208

Chaos

Out topic, but I'm bout done with this avatar (I don't usually post pics like this as a fan of MTC sisters. EVER! I enjoy them both because their fighting style. Not cause of how they look.) Now that's outta the way, here's my recent avatar. PPL been asking about so here. ENJOY!
Great choice for a avatar & its one favorite pictures of Kasumi. ;)

splslick

I main Kasumi because I was looking for a straight forward character that has flashy moves...She has that in spades and she has petal teleports :D

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
I love her personality, she is so kind and sweet! I love her game design, Her fighting style is AWESOME :) She's a princess :D

Pretty much this. XD

Aesthetically, I like her looks, outfits, and fighting style. Being that she's the series' mascot, makes sense she should be pleasing to the eye. :) I really dig the new black outfit, she totally looks bad ass. I don't play fighting games for the story, but her background story is intriguing and I find myself rooting for her.

Kasumi is one of the fastest, if not the fastest character in the game--this fits right in with my preferred play style which leans towards offense and being the aggressor. I much rather dictate the pace and create new opportunities via offense rather than wait for openings to materialize via defense.

For me, it pretty much comes down to looking cool and being fun to play and Kasumi fits both of those criteria.

Cake

I can barely play Mila, but when I pick a 2nd character it's definitely going to be Kasumi. She's been my favorite from the first DoA for every reason stated before. Except I don't think she's innocent but rather kind. Innocence is bullshit (and why I can't help dislike Hitomi to a point). She's kind and benevolent. But when the shit hits the fan she puts her foot down. (as someone stated before, like a "true princess".)
She also kicked the ass of pretty much every other ninja except Ryu, so.

And yeah, that costume is beast and my favorite ^
(and I'm usually one for gimpy ones)

Last edited:

Cake

I can barely play Mila, but when I pick a 2nd character it's definitely going to be Kasumi. She's been my favorite from the first DoA for every reason stated before. Except I don't think she's innocent but rather kind. Innocence is bullshit (and why I can't help dislike Hitomi to a point). She's kind and benevolent. But when the shit hits the fan she puts her foot down. (as someone stated before, like a "true princess".)
She also kicked the ass of pretty much every other ninja except Ryu, so.

And yeah, that costume is beast and my favorite ^
(and I'm usually one for gimpy ones)

To add to this something I just said in the casual thread (yes, I go there, it's funny enough):

On another note, Kasumi only got better. Literally the same, just more mature. Which kind of aligns with them being older.

I've always been a fan from the first DOA, but age just made her perfect.

The same graceful, beautiful, kind and caring woman who on the other hand is extremely intelligent and CAN destroy anyone in her way, even though all she truly wishes for is a peaceful life.
But now no longer so emotional and hasty, but no longer hesitant either, no longer naive and not looking to avoid every single fight with third parties, and instead taking head on whoever stands in her way with extreme determination. She does not wish to fight, but she will not run away either. And that is quite noticeable in the difference between fight intros from previous installments.

The only reason I play Mila over her, is because Kasumi is hard to play and I'm a newbie at playing this game seriously (and because I like Mila too, obviously).

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
They gave away the other one that I liked the red one to Phase 4 (which she's always had it). C2 & the new leather one are nice, but still none of them beats out the traditional C1. You're not a Kasumi fan if you haven't donned the blue armor at least once. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
I also play Kasumi as an additional character because...
she is quick and she advocates the rush down approach. Kasumi is also a very likable character.
And, last... she reminds me of a certain KOF/FF female ninja... whom is one of my mains as of KOFXIII and KOF98.

Chapstick

Some pictures I took of Kasumi's C1 and posted in the photo thread-
More pictures of Kasumi's C1 details, even the damn blue cloth has a pattern on it

It's very faint but you can see some sort of fancy floral pattern on it (why did they put this much detail into it ._.)-

tumblr_n5fdymTWcP1rje51ao2_1280.png

Extremely realistic embroidered mugen tenshin symbol-

tumblr_n5fdymTWcP1rje51ao3_1280.png

Nearly photo real textures on her armguard with a pretty design and the ribbon for her underwear-

tumblr_n5fdymTWcP1rje51ao4_1280.png

Even a small bump of skin over her stockings to show they're tight-

tumblr_n5fdymTWcP1rje51ao1_1280.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD