Xbox-One Revealed

TokyoHeat

Ok, I will say something positive.

I do like the look of that Dpad.

Well the PS4 Isn't using a cell processor and they were supposed to have built it from the ground up with easier development in mind. Time will tell on that.

Yes, the complaints about cell led Sony to pick a more common architecture as they have stated back in February.
Both systems are using the same AMD tech used in Common PCs. MS just choose cheaper DDR3 ram and an AMD GPU with less shader power again by no accident.

DontForkWitMe

Also for you tournament organizers won't this make it a huge pain in the ass to use xbox one systems.

-you'll have to install multiple copies of the same game on each xbox one unit which is tied to every unique live profile and will only work on different profiles after paying a fee.

-it has to have an internet connection to activate each disc to said profile

-you'll have to have kinect installed/configured for each system for the console to even work

Looks like PS4 will be the only choice for tournaments if they don't require all this asinine shit

TokyoHeat

Forced use of kinnect, less concentration on gaming, locking out used games (no more bringing your copy to a friends house)...Good job MS, you just made my decision easier on which console to get (not xbox)

If you notice MS completely avoided getting into a hardware spec war with Sony this time around unlike the unveiling of last generation of consoles. MS completely focused on features, services, and content.

Raansu

Also for you tournament organizers won't this make it a huge pain in the ass to use xbox one systems.

-you'll have to install multiple copies of the same game on each xbox one unit which is tied to every unique live profile and will only work on different profiles after paying a fee.

-you'll have to have kinect installed/configured for each system for the console to even work

Looks like PS4 will be the only choice for tournaments if they don't require all this asinine shit

Kinnect is the biggest reason I want nothing to do with the new xbox.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Despite the lack of games at the event I was still kind of on board until the news after-the-fact. I simply do not like how anti-consumer Microsoft is being with their stance on used games and internet connection requirement with the Xbox One. I won't be getting one as a result.

Kinnect is the biggest reason I want nothing to do with the new xbox.
I don't even mind the Kinect. I like Dance Central and other games using it could be fun too. Some of the gesture stuff seemed kind of impressive as well. The requirement is what annoys me.

Julius Rage

Killer instinct 3 is DOA (Dead on Arrival)

There's no point...

Raansu

Despite the lack of games at the event I was still kind of on board until the news after-the-fact. I simply do not like how anti-consumer Microsoft is being with their stance on used games and internet connection requirement with the Xbox One. I won't be getting one as a result.

I don't even mind the Kinect. I like Dance Central and other games using it could be fun too. Some of the gesture stuff seemed kind of impressive as well. The requirement is what annoys me.

I have a problem with kinnect being mandatory. If people like that gimmick, fine, but don't force that garbage onto your consumer. I'm a gamer, I don't care about all those gimmicks and media crap. Remember when 360 launched and it was all about pushing games and felt like a gaming machine? Yeah, too bad about half way through they started pushing that media crap. I have a pc for that shit.

DontForkWitMe

This just in, the fee required to activate a used disc on a different account is the exact cost of the actual game.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account.

http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

bingsoo

Wow. Unless I am misunderstanding all of this, this approach toward used games is even more fucked up than I expected. I'm not one for used games, but I do occasionally share single player games with my brother. This sucks hard.

Full price? Lol no thanks.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Xbox was originally conceived as a pet project by Bill Gates because he wanted his own video game console. He set it up knowing it would not turn a profit for quite some time, and he put incredibly passionate and talented people behind it.

Midway through the 360's life, it had finally started becoming profitable. Bill Gates was already out of the picture, and all of the passionate individuals were slowly phased out. Closed network policies and strict certification for all newly released games were heavily enforced. Additional fees for patch deployments became astronomical.

In short, it got "noticed".

Still doesn't mean we won't have some awesome games for the system, and it doesn't mean its not worth buying. Most of us here are adults. We can buy things.

But right now it certainly wouldn't be my first choice.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Xbox requires Kinect , and essentially is "always" listening to everything going on in your House ...... sounds so fkn creepy

big-brother.jpg

D Glock

Major Nelson on the whole used games drama:

We know there is some confusion around used games on Xbox One and wanted to provide a bit of clarification on exactly what we’ve confirmed today. While there have been many potential scenarios discussed, today we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail.

Beyond that, we have not confirmed any specific scenarios.

Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile.

SchwarzPhy

lol 8 GB ram but only 5 GB available to games. Oh Microsoft it's been fun but it looks like it's back to Playstation

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD