y ppl mad

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Well, I'm certainly no good at the game. I play pretty casually (though I intend to try to get better with DOA5) and stay in the C+ to B range and play with similarly ranked players.

Anyway my main is Tengu and I do win with him more often then I lose. Every so often I'll have people ragequit on me mid-match. I've also heard plenty of idiots say Tengu is broken or cheap, and call me a noob for playing him. It's as if they think he's automatically god-tier because he's the hardest character to unlock.

It's laughable really. They get mad at me for winning with one of the worst characters in the game, because they think he's the best, meanwhile they lost with Hayabusa or some other truly god-tier character. I don't know, maybe they just don't know how to fight Tengu since you don't ever see him.

AegisOrnus

While training for HIN with my newly minted Kokoro, I had plenty of people accuse me of being a "fucking liar/cheat" after I beat them since my grade was C+ and I had the achievement for SS (lost it legitimately due to lack of play for 5 years). I was also taunted in absurd manners when I was beaten after putting up a good match. Some people just flat-out refused to play me because I had that achievement. The treatment didn't fare well for training since high-level players avoided me for it.

I remember players having a more determined mindset in DOA2U and early DOA4. Now, players tend to bitch and moan over every little loss as though they've reached the pinnacle of their game and anyone who beats them has to be cheating or that it was all luck. The only people worth playing with were the ones who gathered I was a vet from my playstyle and was excited to have some real competition in the game again. I honestly believe it's competitive games like COD that are so immediately easy to play and win at that create these entitled little babies that think they're the end all, be all of what's possible in a fighting/competitive game.

Tired of these scrubs...

XXxHakuxXX

While training for HIN with my newly minted Kokoro, I had plenty of people accuse me of being a "fucking liar/cheat" after I beat them since my grade was C+ and I had the achievement for SS (lost it legitimately due to lack of play for 5 years). I was also taunted in absurd manners when I was beaten after putting up a good match. Some people just flat-out refused to play me because I had that achievement. The treatment didn't fare well for training since high-level players avoided me for it.

I remember players having a more determined mindset in DOA2U and early DOA4. Now, players tend to bitch and moan over every little loss as though they've reached the pinnacle of their game and anyone who beats them has to be cheating or that it was all luck. The only people worth playing with were the ones who gathered I was a vet from my playstyle and was excited to have some real competition in the game again. I honestly believe it's competitive games like COD that are so immediately easy to play and win at that create these entitled little babies that think they're the end all, be all of what's possible in a fighting/competitive game.

Tired of these scrubs...
^ so much this it's like they have the mindset of children online in DOA4 now. It's like they can't lose and when they do lose they will not accept it and start the message spamming and e-thugging, it's funny but also sad which is why i never join public rooms anymore.:)

Brute

Standard Donor
I never get that. If you're losing a lot, you should probably go down a grade, match up with some people who are closer to your level, then re-engage the elites when you get back up. And if you're only losing every now and then, just lose and take it like a man, wait for your turn to come back up and win.

That said, if DOA5 has some funky crap with unlocking all titles to get A-152 or other unlockables, and the titles respond to your win/loss ratio, I can unfortunately understand why someone would do that, annoying as it is. It's one of the reasons I'm hoping Team Ninja doesn't go too wacky with the unlock requirements for DOA5, particularly if they deal with online stuff. I hope they took that possibility into consideration.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I honestly believe it's competitive games like COD that are so immediately easy to play and win at that create these entitled little babies that think they're the end all, be all of what's possible in a fighting/competitive game.

Tired of these scrubs...

Ha ha. It's not just COD. All shooters are incredibly easy and unsatisfying. Except for Gears of War, which is incredibly luck dependent and unsatisfying.

I never get that. If you're losing a lot, you should probably go down a grade, match up with some people who are closer to your level, then re-engage the elites when you get back up. And if you're only losing every now and then, just lose and take it like a man, wait for your turn to come back up and win.

I also don't understand why As and higher will join games with Cs and lower. Stick to your own skill range. It's not going to be fun for you or for them.

That said, if DOA5 has some funky crap with unlocking all titles to get A-152 or other unlockables, and the titles respond to your win/loss ratio, I can unfortunately understand why someone would do that, annoying as it is. It's one of the reasons I'm hoping Team Ninja doesn't go too wacky with the unlock requirements for DOA5, particularly if they deal with online stuff. I hope they took that possibility into consideration.

I'm totally willing to just say "fuck it" and join boosting sessions to get Alpha, if she's actually that ridiculous to unlock.

Brute

Standard Donor
Ha ha. It's not just COD. All shooters are incredibly easy and unsatisfying. Except for Gears of War, which is incredibly luck dependent and unsatisfying.
lol

I also don't understand why As and higher will join games with Cs and lower. Stick to your own skill range. It's not going to be fun for you or for them.
Sometimes, it may have to do with the fact that several years after the game's release, it can be hard to find a server with a good connection with people close to your skill level.
Or maybe it's just douches looking for an easy win. Who knows?

I'm totally willing to just say "fuck it" and join boosting sessions to get Alpha, if she's actually that ridiculous to unlock.
Boosting sessions?

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Boosting sessions?

Yeah. If she is in fact unlocked by earning all titles, and if some of the titles are earned by doing some ridiculous stuff online (like maybe getting a 50 win streak or something), then you can bet that there will be boosting sessions for those titles, and I'm totally willing to join them. I just want to get all the characters and find some new mains. I shouldn't have to go through hell for it.

Brute

Standard Donor
Yeah. If she is in fact unlocked by earning all titles, and if some of the titles are earned by doing some ridiculous stuff online (like maybe getting a 50 win streak or something), then you can bet that there will be boosting sessions for those titles, and I'm totally willing to join them. I just want to get all the characters and find some new mains. I shouldn't have to go through hell for it.
Didn't know those sorts of things were common if you didn't have friends who were willing to sit through the grind.
But yeah, I agree. A full character shouldn't have insane unlock requirements. I don't like cheating or grinding in games, as it's not only unfair but un-fun as well. That said, if there's something that's really only feasible to get from doing so, I don't see that as cheap.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Didn't know those sorts of things were common if you didn't have friends who were willing to sit through the grind.
But yeah, I agree. A full character shouldn't have insane unlock requirements. I don't like cheating or grinding in games, as it's not only unfair but un-fun as well. That said, if there's something that's really only feasible to get from doing so, I don't see that as cheap.

Exactly. I don't like boosting. It's slow, tedious, and boring. But if it's my only shot at unlocking a character, I'm going to endure it.

AegisOrnus

I'd argue for a game like Halo or Crysis. There's enough at your disposal and some padding on your health that you can react to situations and employ worthwhile strategy, to the point of putting thoughts into practice and having it actually pay off. But yeah, Gears of War, I extremely agree with you there.

Me+You=Boost buddies?

synce

It's funny when I got back into DOA4 and was a C again and whooping on A's several people call me a 'fake' - what does that even mean anyway? I can understand being called a fake if I was an SS and sucked, but a fake C? Is that supposed to be an insult? lol

Another funny thing I noticed is people quitting when they have literally nothing to lose. No win streak, no handicap, and they quit anyway. I hope DOA5 has a more serious penalty for quitting, like if you quit X out of X matches you can't join a room for X minutes.

XXxHakuxXX

I really hope it's something like if you quit 3 times you get banned for the day. I bet that will solve a lot of problems.:cool:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'd argue for a game like Halo or Crysis. There's enough at your disposal and some padding on your health that you can react to situations and employ worthwhile strategy, to the point of putting thoughts into practice and having it actually pay off. But yeah, Gears of War, I extremely agree with you there.

The weird thing is that I actually used to like Gears of War. Then Gears 3 came out. Worst one in the trilogy. Yes, you read that right. I say Gears 2 was better. Still, even when I liked Gears, I completely realized all of it's problems.

Me+You=Boost buddies?

If it comes down to that, sure. Let's hope it doesn't, though.

I hope DOA5 has a more serious penalty for quitting, like if you quit X out of X matches you can't join a room for X minutes.

I really hope it's something like if you quit 3 times you get banned for the day. I bet that will solve a lot of problems.:cool:

These would be horrible ideas. Bungie tried this in Halo: Reach. It sucked then, it'll suck now. Sometimes you might genuinely have a hard time finding a good session to meet your skill level, so you'll have to keep sampling some. Though I seriously doubt that it would ever come to such an extreme that you're quitting that many games. Frankly, I'd say that you should should finish the fight before leaving anyway.

I don't like when people quit either, but it's nowhere near as big of a deal as people make it out to be. At the end of the day it's just a game. You play games to have fun. If you're not having fun, you quit. There really isn't anything wrong with it, and banning people for doing it is completely unjustified.

AegisOrnus

It's funny when I got back into DOA4 and was a C again and whooping on A's several people call me a 'fake' - what does that even mean anyway? I can understand being called a fake if I was an SS and sucked, but a fake C? Is that supposed to be an insult? lol
What they mean is that you're too good to be a legitimate C; someone who has just started playing the game. You know how back in the day people would purposefully de-rank themselves so they could troll other players as an F and such? Well now there's all these new players that never really experienced that but they're so convinced there's only one reason why they lost because they're so butthurt that they were beaten when no one from the lower ranks has ever put up that kind of fight. The only reason they lost, in their mind, was because they expected an easy fight and got outclassed. It's not as much as an insult as it is them venting to you and trying to make you feel ashamed for winning and duping them.

Brute

Standard Donor
Yeah, but it could be you're using a new account, skilled up since last time, had some unfortunate losing streaks against high-level players, joining a game with bag lag and being unadaptable to it, etc.
While C is a bit low, there are lots of reasons why you could be at a rank below what would be considered your normal skill. People are idiots for not considering that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD