Yes or No to Patch?

Do you plan to play DOA5 more after reviewing patch details?

• Total voters

Dave

Haipa Sonikku

@Haipa Sonikku
I agree with you that SC5 is a rushed crap game but SC2-SC4 were all pretty good.
Did you really say that Europeans never won biig tournaments in SC?
I am a German guy but I have to say that if there is a country that dominates SC than it's France.
The ranking is something like:
#1 France
#2 USA
#3 Germany
# maybe 8 Japan.
If you have have any idea of the SC community you can't disagree!

Edit:
To get back on topic IMO all the general things the patch added(i.e faster SS and faster duck under high attacks) are very welcome. I have never understood why ducking takes multiple frames to execute in DOA. That was a MAJOR flaw in this game.

I said SBO (Super Battle Opera).

Are those three guys (and girl) the all time best at DoA? I see them everywhere. Looks like they totally schooled the home team.

That video is a joke. I'll never forget when one of my Tekken friends said (while everyone laughed it up big time) "The entire DOA scene in the world and an empty room while at it." Some guy once advised me that DOA might have been 97/3 at that time and it was virtually impossible not to disagree.

As for other Japanese players and their status in other games, it's clear they are still fantastic at all the top 2D fighters and Virtua Fighter (and no, thats not just because US scene is smaller, look again at Fuudo and Chibita, the skill difference is clear).

Sit down stun > CB > Launch, lets go for it. It's nowhere 1 hit kill combos, its what's making the game exciting.

Don't leave out the Namco games especially Tekken. One of the best Mishima players of all time, MainStreetRyu never knelled in front of an arcade operator for an American opponent to personally get some games in with him.

Kasumi 1.02 Guaranteed Combos
Vs.
Kasumi 1.03 Guaranteed Combos

No fuckin way on that 1.03 patch. This is Tekken 5.0 Steve 3, 1, 1 all over again. Also this is NOT UMVC3. That game has three characters that share meter. Like I said in another thread, if you're gonna do comparisons, do correct comparisons which is other 3D fighting games. Tekken and Virtua Fighter both also have state escapes i.e. Hold Forward, rapid joystick movement and some sort of universal system i.e. Low Parry, Successful Evade.

Kronin

I know that these guaranteed combos of Kasumi are able to be done just using the wall of the stage, but they seems me anyway too much exaggerated (also if in Doa1 I'm sure that a good use of the characters can give these results with just one combo)

I don't say that TN have necessarily to fix the stagger glitch, but anyway I think that just to leave a bug is not enough to balance a game thougt to work without that bug. I could be wrong, but the video give me this impression.

Haipa Sonikku

Agreed. I honestly don't know why Xbox players are the last to get updates, but I think it's pretty silly that developers decide to do that to us.

Expect this to continue with especially JPN native games. Dead or Alive 5 is essentially a PlayStation platform game now as evidence by lead developed, promotions, features i.e. PS3/Vita Cross Play. Yosuke Hayashi was the one by the way that brought Ninja Gaiden over to the PlayStation platform with Sigma. When he was nominated for lead at Team NINJA, it was a done deal. Also keep in mind that with Microsoft taking Tekken's exclusivity away from Sony, honestly what do you think Team NINJA would think of that? Exactly.

Raansu

Expect this to continue with especially JPN native games. Dead or Alive 5 is essentially a PlayStation platform game now as evidence by lead developed, promotions, features i.e. PS3/Vita Cross Play. Yosuke Hayashi was the one by the way that brought Ninja Gaiden over to the PlayStation platform with Sigma. When he was nominated for lead at Team NINJA, it was a done deal.

Oh please, it has nothing to do with that.

Patches have to go through a QA and microsoft takes a long time to approve patches. It's not uncommon for PS3 titles to get a patch first.

DR2K

This game is still DOA4 even with the guaranteed stuns. Don't know why everyone is making a big deal out of it.

tnzk

Patches have to go through a QA and microsoft takes a long time to approve patches. It's not uncommon for PS3 titles to get a patch first.

I think that was the case for the proposed later release of the patch (Microsoft damn notorious for their XBL QA), nevertheless the PS3 was/is the lead platform. Gosh, just reminds me how much of an outlier Itagaki was.

Haipa Sonikku

Of course and you know what I mean. My statement was just an overall part of it. PS3 used to get updates on Thursdays after 360 until May 2010. If this were a "AAA" third party Western title from a Bethesda, Activision, etc honestly you think it would be the same case? I wouldn't bet against it. I have to remember that this is merely a fighting game forum and not an industry one.

Besides Hayashi has some interesting things to say to you about the current state of Xbox in JPN -
“It's just not from here”

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
DR2K said:
This game is still DOA4 even with the guaranteed stuns. Don't know why everyone is making a big deal out of it.

Exactly. The core of the game(doa4), is fucked up. There is no wonder both doa2 and doa3 were far better because of the core engine(doa2) being solid and only needing slight tweaks.

DR2K

Exactly. The core of the game(doa4), is fucked up. There is no wonder both doa2 and doa3 were far better because of the core engine(doa2) being solid and only needing slight tweaks.

The funny thing is, casual players are still playing the same. Completely unaware of the glitch and thousands of xbox fans are waiting for a fix that they wouldn't notice or give a shit about.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
DR2K said:
The funny thing is, casual players are still playing the same. Completely unaware of the glitch and thousands of xbox fans are waiting for a fix that they wouldn't notice or give a shit about.
-Lmao through heaven and earth. You know what hit me, the way the japanese players play, they will never touch on the things that we want in the game. so why are they being catered to? The things they want are the exact same thing casual players want. And like you said, they wont know the difference.....sigh.

SilverKhaos

-Lmao through heaven and earth. You know what hit me, the way the japanese players play, they will never touch on the things that we want in the game. so why are they being catered to? The things they want are the exact same thing casual players want. And like you said, they wont know the difference.....sigh.

Keep in mind that casuals alone are the majority, then add in the japanese players as well, and thats a huge majority.

So that pretty much answers why they are being catered to.

DR2K

Keep in mind that casuals alone are the majority, then add in the japanese players as well, and thats a huge majority.

So that pretty much answers why they are being catered to.

The things those guys care about is if the tits bounce right, or the sweat bounces off the waifu. Or if shit explodes when you hit them. Done.

SilverKhaos

The things those guys care about is if the tits bounce right, or the sweat bounces off the waifu. Or if shit explodes when you hit them. Done.

Yeah, not so much lol. That's like saying all casuals in street fighter care about is the aura during Akuma's specials.

I don't think anybody DOES actually care about those things, to be honest...

tnzk

Yeah, not so much lol. That's like saying all casuals in street fighter care about is the aura during Akuma's specials.

I would agree, except doaworld proves me wrong.

Haipa Sonikku

You know what hit me, the way the japanese players play, they will never touch on the things that we want in the game. so why are they being catered to? .

Quantum Theory. Ninja Gaiden 3. How did that go? Yeah. Anyways because the game is Made In Japan plus America hasn't proven itself to be the de facto standard (and I tried to say that with a straight face) in 2D or 3D fighting games. What exactly do you want in this game? To get away with as much foolishness as possible? Here's an idea. Since you're an administrator how bout you and the others come up with a way to go to E3 or TGS so to schedule an interview with Team NINJA and just ask them. You don't like something? Change it.

Guns. Tanks. Missiles. Blood and gallons of it all over the floor. Oh right. They did at least provide the guns, tanks, and missiles. The women were and always will be the centerpiece of DOA5. Never understood the problem a lot gamers today seem to have with hourglass figured women. It almost would make one wonder if....hmmm.

Problem with America is that it feels that its entitled to everything. That sushi?! I'm an American dammit! How dare it does not come with fries and a shake?! Where is your manager?
Really? C'mon.

DR2K

Guns. Tanks. Missiles. Blood and gallons of it all over the floor. Oh right. They did at least provide the guns, tanks, and missiles. The women were and always will be the centerpiece of DOA5. Never understood the problem a lot gamers today seem to have with hourglass figured women. It almost would make one wonder if....hmmm.

Problem with America is that it feels that its entitled to everything. That sushi?! I'm an American dammit! How dare it does not come with fries and a shake?! Where is your manager?
Really? C'mon.

The JP that give feedback to high level DOA are 100% in the wrong. Because quite frankly they're fucking terrible at the game and don't understand that DOA is a fighter and not a pretty gambling simulator.

They do. They care more for the asthetics than the core gameplay. Aspects that effect high level play has very little impact on someone mashing SRK with Ken. That's the majority of people that bought SFIV.

Kasumi 1.02 Guaranteed Combos
Vs.
Kasumi 1.03 Guaranteed Combos

No fuckin way on that 1.03 patch. This is Tekken 5.0 Steve 3, 1, 1 all over again. Also this is NOT UMVC3. That game has three characters that share meter. Like I said in another thread, if you're gonna do comparisons, do correct comparisons which is other 3D fighting games. Tekken and Virtua Fighter both also have state escapes i.e. Hold Forward, rapid joystick movement and some sort of universal system i.e. Low Parry, Successful Evade.

Wow talk about cherry picking to make a point. Most of the 1.03 combos only work in the home level and similar combos in home can be done in 1.02 as it stands.

OMG it's Tekken 5! No wait, it's just 1.02.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD