Yo DOA community

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Sure, everything is possible. My wife, my daughter and my job are more important than DOA5 that's all. BTW do you have sons/daughters? Just wondering.

Nope, that train has come and gone for me. I don't date anymore either. And saying "I have other priorities and this isn't a big one" is just fine. It's honest and I respect that. I just don't like the bogus excuses people come up with, because if I was to sit down with a person who truly wanted to go somewhere I'm sure we could make it happen somehow.

TRI Mike

i would say the reason most people dont travel is laziness and cheapness. i mean yea, some people are in dire straights but do you serously expect me to believe that every single member of the doa community is incapable of earning an income and saving a few hundred dollars every year? because thats the excuse everybody makes. some/most of you are just lying lol.

I already started to save for EVO and the 2013 DID. If DOA5 doesn't make it to EVO then I'll just go to DID. I'd love to participate in this year's tournament but I simply don't have enough time to save. If I'm willing to do it from Venezuela I can't take any excuses from most of the rest.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Let's see..... SonicFox, Noah, Winrich, me(I'm 19, but I went to my first tournament when I was 15), oofmatic( he been traveling since he was 15 for SC), Kayane, and pretty much any decent smash player since a lot of them are really young.( I know most of them too.) So too young excuse is not valid.

Do you have a mom? do you have a dad? Have you heard of parents? Do you realize some people parents don't want there kids going traveling just anywhere with just anyone that they may or may not know anything about? Think about what you just said there. It's very valid.

Stop using the money excuse. Have you ever heard of planning? I plan out WAY ahead of time for which evens I wanna go too. For example, I was able to go to three big anime convention last year and still have money because I knew how to mange money and got my badge ahead of time. I also had a reliable way to go there and back home. You gotta plan man. If you wanna go.

Are you going to give me the money to plan with? Not everyone have a stabled job. People who do have BILLS. You heard of those? Have you ever lived in cali? Do you know how expensive it is to live here? You think everyone is rich? Just because someone got the funds to plan and all this jazz doesn't mean everyone do. I'm lucky I'm able to even travel locally. I have no money. Me and my family have it rough. We'll be lucky to have food after bills. But yet I'm trying my best to do what I can for a community that I honestly think is a waste of my time. I don't expect everyone to be like you, or me, or anyone else. And you shouldn't either. You don't know people situations. So stop with the "there is no excuse" card. I know how it feels to have nothing and I'm telling you the last thing on those people mind is a DOA tournament.

I have met many, many, many married men at the tournaments I went too. That can't be used as a excuse. Heck, all the upper tier guys in the mk community are either in a relationship or married. Heck one of my friends back in Chicago has a girlfriend and he still went to tournaments with me. It's about finding a balance my friend.

Good. I'm proud of them. But this is one of those just because they did it don't expect everyone to do it ordeals. I mean if my girl don't want me to go I wouldn't care to go. I mean even if my girl was here right now I wouldn't give a damn about no DOA. I mean maybe you do. That's cool and all. But you shouldn't put anyone in yours or anyone else shoes.

It's called lighting a fire under everyone's ass dude. Tom Brady did this to the mk community and take a look at what happen there.

See again. You comparing a game like DOA to MK. Mk had a huge fanbase since like 1991. Years of arcade experience and community. Wasn't that hard to get a community running for that game. DOA is a whole different story. DOA1 and 2 wasn't big in arcades and was getting more popular during the times arcade died. It's a very young and NEW community and you have to approach it different since it doesn't have the arcade era like Tekken, SF...etc. The DOA community is on there own, son. Community isn't going to build over night. You want a light a fire you better have a torch that's going to last for a while. This community is so frustrated with itself that it doesn't know how to get things moving. Anyways. I'm done with this discussion. I'm gong to bed. XD

MasterHavik

Do you have a mom? do you have a dad? Have you heard of parents? Do you realize some people parents don't want there kids going traveling just anywhere with just anyone that they may or may not know anything about? Think about what you just said there. It's very valid.

Are you going to give me the money to plan with? Not everyone have a stabled job. People who do have BILLS. You heard of those? Have you ever lived in cali? Do you know how expensive it is to live here? You think everyone is rich? Just because someone got the funds to plan and all this jazz doesn't mean everyone do. I'm lucky I'm able to even travel locally. I have no money. Me and my family have it rough. We'll be lucky to have food after bills. But yet I'm trying my best to do what I can for a community that I honestly think is a waste of my time. I don't expect everyone to be like you, or me, or anyone else. And you shouldn't either. You don't know people situations. So stop with the "there is no excuse" card. I know how it feels to have nothing and I'm telling you the last thing on those people mind is a DOA tournament.

Good. I'm proud of them. But this is one of those just because they did it don't expect everyone to do it ordeals. I mean if my girl don't want me to go I wouldn't care to go. I mean even if my girl was here right now I wouldn't give a damn about no DOA. I mean maybe you do. That's cool and all. But you shouldn't put anyone in yours or anyone else shoes.

See again. You comparing a game like DOA to MK. Mk had a huge fanbase since like 1991. Years of arcade experience and community. Wasn't that hard to get a community running for that game. DOA is a whole different story. DOA1 and 2 wasn't big in arcades and was getting more popular during the times arcade died. It's a very young and NEW community and you have to approach it different since it doesn't have the arcade era like Tekken, SF...etc. The DOA community is on there own, son. Community isn't going to build over night. You want a light a fire you better have a torch that's going to last for a while. This community is so frustrated with itself that it doesn't know how to get things moving. Anyways. I'm done with this discussion. I'm gong to bed. XD
line by line

yes and yes. I got both actually. Mom didn't want me to go, but she got used to it. My dad and brother and sister on my dad's side supported me too. So what is your point?

Dude I know things are rough. They are rough for everyone. I know how it feels to have money and how it feel to be broke. You gotta manger. Don't give me sob stories about you or your friend down the street. Manger money. Don't go asking for it. If you wanna make not just for this, but to buy some good food and etc. then work hard to get a job. There is no excuses in the job world either.

I was giving examples. And I'm starting to see more couples at my local scenes back in chitown. So it's growing.

See you're not doing your research again and it seems you haven't follow the MK9 scene like I have. MK was popular because it was hella fun back in the days. Most of the old mk games are broken and boring. Hell, even UMK3 was only able to get 15 people to show up offline for an old ass game. And did ya mk was starting die during the 3D era. MKvsDC couldn't pull shit. And everything was going wrong for midway. And things were not sunshine lolipops when MK9 first drop. After all the FG celebrities besides a few left the game in the dust a lot of people were questioning if the game was going to be around after EVO 2011. There was so much drama around this time. It was crazy man. Tom told everyone to get out and support the game. Countries that never had fighting game scene had one like Angola, Iran, Greece, Russia, Germany, and many more. Just because MK went back to it roots and was a casual hit. It had to fight really hard to stay on the map. So to play the excuse card/ "DOA is is still young" is not a strong point. But have a good rest my friend.

shunwong

I love what you said wong. Take your time man. This will be here. There is a player back in Chicago that got his 10 year old son into playing mk9 at a high level and actually took him. I think your kids

What are the best places for fighting games in Europe? I'm guessing UK and France? It'd have to be in the summer though. I have it all in my head, I just have to plan ahead of time. Make it a family trip or something.

MasterHavik

What are the best places for fighting games in Europe? I'm guessing UK and France? It'd have to be in the summer though. I have it all in my head, I just have to plan ahead of time. Make it a family trip or something.
There is some world cup thing in France. There is also some big events in the UK as well.

XDest

Nope, that train has come and gone for me. I don't date anymore either. And saying "I have other priorities and this isn't a big one" is just fine. It's honest and I respect that. I just don't like the bogus excuses people come up with, because if I was to sit down with a person who truly wanted to go somewhere I'm sure we could make it happen somehow.

This is exactly the reason I'm not going to NEC. Way too close to finals. Finishing school is my top priority right now.

Berzerk!

^There's a DoA tourney in Sydney!!!???

When? Where? Tell meeeeeeeeee.

Well there was the EB EXPO fighters arena in Sydney which had sessions for Dead or Alive 5, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown etc and the couch warriors event in Melbourne for DOA5. Both have already passed so I am not sure when the next event in Sydney is unfortunately.

I ran that EB Expo Fighters event (and won the DOA tournament); I suggest you keep your eye on www.ozhadou.net for Sydney events. There's a monthly gathering "Super YSB" this weekend. Haven't confirmed a DOA presence, but go anyway (or take the game there, people will be interested) and gauge it for next time.

It's also just generally good to be in touch with the offline community.

Hit the Australian players forum in the international section and make yourself known, we'll make sure you see more about future tournaments.

Mavis, it might be worth traveling to Ozhadou Nationals at end of February. Info will be out about it soon

Roroko

Face it fellas, all ya degrees are gonna be useless in this economy anyways so might as well play games!

j/k education's important

Raansu

Face it fellas, all ya degrees are gonna be useless in this economy anyways so might as well play games!

j/k education's important

Meh I just got my degree in computer science and I can't get a job anywhere. The job I just got hired at has nothing to do with my degree. I feel like I wasted my time to be honest.

shunwong

Meh I just got my degree in computer science and I can't get a job anywhere. The job I just got hired at has nothing to do with my degree. I feel like I wasted my time to be honest.

Welcome to the post crisis job market. Had so many different jobs in the last 10 years... I've worked at a factory, a call center, as an English teacher, as a librarian, as a translator...We are going terribly off topic though.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

Welcome to life after College. My friend studied as a biologist in specifics towards plants. She now runs and owns a diner.

Raansu

Welcome to life after College. My friend studied as a biologist in specifics towards plants. She now runs and owns a diner.

Which is why I kind of regret getting the degree in computer science. While I do enjoy that stuff, I really wanted to do animation but I didn't really think it was something practical and went toward something that had more of a career for it...I may not have had an easy time getting a job as an animator, but at least it would of been something I truly like doing, but what's done is done =/. lol

X_Fact0r

It's a mixed bag honestly. I had high school internship for IT, switched majors in college for the IT curriculum kept changing each year and didn't want to be a professional student. Got a job in the internship instead of the degree. It is just the job market right now, finding the right opportunities and knowing the right people at this point. What degree and where you got your degree has so little impact now compared to when I was in high school.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD