Yo DOA community

Brute

Standard Donor
It helps if you're close. Me and my lil sis always been close and used to play everything together. So yeah she loves fighting games. My mom will play anything if you talk her into it. She don't like to lose though. XD
For a time I was her favorite person on the planet. After I went to college, I wouldn't be surprised if some of that closeness was lost. Still, not giving up so easily. Love her too much. xD

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
For a time I was her favorite person on the planet. After I went to college, I wouldn't be surprised if some of that closeness was lost. Still, not giving up so easily. Love her too much. xD

I'm sure it'll work out fine. =)

Mailifang

It is I the one and only Zack MasterHavik coming at ya late night here in St.Peter, MN. I have been lurking the forums for a bit here. And I just have something to say.....

Why are we always fighting?

Why are we always ganging up on people?(This includes me too. Ya'll know who you are)

Why are being rude or trying to claim someone is being rude when they are not?

Now I ain't here to start shit. I got a few more questions.

Why do we refuse to travel?

Why do we play the excuse card?

Why do some of us bothering with DOA if we're just going to be online warriors?( Not everyone)

We should traveling for this game. Stop making excuses and get out offline to play this game if you love it so much. I'm making plans to be at two majors and a huge midwest major back in Chicago. What have you been doing? I'm going to try and make a call to the guy running the midwest major in Chicago to see if he can get DOA 5 there as a side game.

I don't wanna start fights or anything like that. I just want to bring the community together. I want unity, peace, love, and respect man. Stop with all the baseless claims and underlining namecalling. This thread is to talk about the DOA community. Simple as that. Don't make it anything else.

:zack:

* We always fight among ourselves because we have quite a few strong personalities who come off as jerks because things get misinterpreted on the forum. Or they like to come off as jerks but in person they are very well mannered and soft spoken.Or they are just jerks. We all are passionate about the game.But our level and where we direct our passion differ.

*Its typical for most people with shared interests to support and protect those who share our opinions and interests. Which is why I tend to garner the wrath of many in certain FGC communities. I get ganged up on a lot for my opinions. But I know how to handle it.

*Its very easy to come off as rude or condescending on the internet. Because common courtesy gets thrown out the window.Your just a screen name on forums so its easy for people to just not acknowledge or respect you as a person.Your (literally) as good or as bad based on how you behave on the forums.

*The reason many refuse to travel is because they really don't want to.People got lives and more important things to deal with.Pissing people off by questioning they're DOA pride and saying their reasons for not traveling are excuses are counter productive.Because in the end its not really any of our business to know why people don't show up for tournaments. Unless we are organizing and putting on tournaments ourselves.

*Never heard of the "excuse card" tag.If someone threw this BS tag at me I would tell them to go F.. themselves. Who are you to judge me over the fact I don't show up for a video game tournament.A "video game tornament"!!! Well that's what I would be thinking. I would most likely and politely say I just got more important shit to do and leave it at that.

Here is a list of valid excuses

1. I feel the cost is of attending a major offline event is a valid excuse.Especially if its over 50 miles away.Going to EVO set me back about 800 bucks. And we chose to drive there. Gas prices were no joke,then you got hotel fee, and the cost of food. 800 bucks for some is one months rent. Or 6 months worth of groceries.

2.Being sick. I cannot count how many times I have been to offline tournies and run into that one person who everyone avoids because that person is a carrier for Influenza. Stay your ass at home if your sick!

3.Being a parent. Its tough enough supporting yourself and then you add rugrats to the mix.They come first before anything in your life.

4.Your not good enough to compete with the competition attending the event and don't want to embarrass yourself.This is a very valid excuse.Sure you can go to an offline event pay over 500 bucks to get there and compete. And then you get quickly disposed of by better competition. So that $500 ends up being a wasted investment. As just a no name coming into the scene it sucks going to these events without being able to hold your own. Sure you could say enjoy the experience and meet people. Your not gonna enjoy yourself if you $500 poorer then you were a week ago with nothing to show for it. And none of the people you meet will remember you if you quickly got eliminated out of your pool.People in the FGC judge you on your play or performance. If you are not winning or putting on a combo exhibition in a match to which the people there can remember you by then you wasted $500 just to be there. Which is fine for certain majors like EVO but not every event.

If its just a smaller event or a local meet up and money isn't too much of an issue,nor is transportation, then the "your not good enough" really comes off as an excuse.

* The reason why we "bother" playing is because we love the game. You do not have to go to offline events or even play online to just enjoy playing the game.There is enough in game content to just enjoy the game as is. Every DOA fan loves DOA in their own way. Just because you like going to offline events doesn't mean others will.You want others to enjoy the game you do?Then show them how fun the game is at competitive level.And educate them on how to play the game. Your just alienating those you should be motivating by questioning them on why they don't attend offline events. You come at them all aggressive and tell them they re making excuses just makes you come off as passionate but also a jerk.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD