You all need to make sure you understand what is going on before asking Team Ninja for nerfs/buffs.

RyuJin

You don't understand how ridiculous it is to fight Jann Lee. He is essentially, an easy character to play as, with every tool he needs to win the game. Sidestepping him does help, until he throws in another string, since they end up hitting you after sidestep. His 66T leads to a good stun game, he has a good unblockable he can throw to mix up, fast moves, damaging throws, but worst of all, ridiculously high damage off of stupid combos. Just by playing a simple stun game (which he is already good at due to delayable attacks and dragon stance) he can take away up to 67% of your life bar.
Honestly, I don't mind if a character is good, but the amount of damage he does for minimal amount of effort is just stupid, even you must admit it. In the end, that's what it comes down to. Jann Lee is an easy character who can win with minimal to almost no effort.

...have you tried learning how to fight him offline? Just like the rest of the characters he has great things that are hard to deal with online.

You said he is good at the stun game after 66T. What stun are you being put it? What the first hit?

Next the reason Jann Lee hits so hard is because his punishment is weak. Outside of 66k he has nothing safe to hit you with from range. His holds do low damage (not counting you missing your guess after he counters mid punch or high kick.)

Like I said his throw punishment is weak. Meaning you can play a bit more unsafe vs him.

Doa_Eater

Man i wanna fight you again RyuJin, there's just a different kind of rush when going against top players.

Also to be on topic, i request Mila's 3h+k to do guard break.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Man i wanna fight you again RyuJin, there's just a different kind of rush when going against top players.

I would have to strongly disagree. She don't need more of a chance to open you up for an OH. That move is pretty much already safe and give you a free ground grab on hit.

Doa_Eater

If her 3H+K is a guard break you won't have enough time for a low throw. She would pretty much get a free OH.
I don't think she has that much time to react (in frames) and still i believe every other character could react on low throws (grapplers definitely).

I just want that move to guard break.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I don't think she has that much time to react (in frames) and still i believe every other character could react on low throws (grapplers definitely).

I just want that move to guard break.

But what reason would the move need to guard break if it's safe, and has a guaranteed on hit? Just for it to do it isn't really a good, or logical reason for a buff. Either a guard break is going to give you an advantage, or it's not. If it's not there is no need for her to have it. If it is there is no need for her to have it. Also a guard break recovery can be pretty slow, and even if she wouldn't be fast enough to get an OH, she can just do 3H+K again and get a free ground grab which I'm sure would be quick enough after recovery.

RyuJin

We can play soon. I'll be on tonight...just not sure if I'll be on Xbox or PS3.

Doa_Eater

But what reason would the move need to guard break if it's safe, and has a guaranteed on hit? Just for it to do it isn't really a good, or logical reason for a buff. Either a guard break is going to give you an advantage, or it's not. If it's not there is no need for her to have it. If it is there is no need for her to have it. Also a guard break recovery can be pretty slow, and even if she wouldn't be fast enough to get an OH, she can just do 3H+K again and get a free ground grab which I'm sure would be quick enough after recovery.

You said it, for an offensive hold(and i don't think it will be guaranteed), if this move is blocked she's safe but her advantage is lost.

dawnbringer

You said it, for an offensive hold(and i don't think it will be guaranteed), if this move is blocked she's safe but her advantage is lost.

Guard break is not the same as advantage on block. Would it suffice for you if this move would be guard break but with the same frame data?

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
You're requesting a Guard Break which means if you are hit by 3H+K it leaves you in a guard break animation. That should give her enough time to recover from a safe move like that. Even if another 3H+K, or follow up OH wasn't guaranteed you are still put into a 50/50 guessing game like you already are with her OH alone. Because of this adding a guard break to the mix would make her worse than she needs to be. Infact it wouldn't even be 50/50 anymore. It would be more of a 85/15.

Doa_Eater

Guard break is not the same as advantage on block. Would it suffice for you if this move would be guard break but with the same frame data?

Yes, all i need is a bit space so she wont be so in your face with the opponent.

And RyuJin if you ever delete someone from your PSN friend list please add me.

HiguraShiki

You're requesting a Guard Break which means if you are hit by 3H+K it leaves you in a guard break animation. That should give her enough time to recover from a safe move like that. Even if another 3H+K, or follow up OH wasn't guaranteed you are still put into a 50/50 guessing game like you already are with her OH alone. Because of this adding a guard break to the mix would make her worse than she needs to be. Infact it wouldn't even be 50/50 anymore. It would be more of a 85/15.
You don't seem to understand the fact that virtually all of Mila's moves are unsafe. Every full string blocked by Mila leaves her open to a guaranteed grab. Try it with Tina, do KP with Mila and have Tina grab right after. The grab is guaranteed. Mila has virtually no guard breaks aside from a slow super punch and Bass kick, her TD's are easily breakable and DO NOT put you in a guessing game, since all you have to do is freaking low throw in order to escape a TD, the only 50/50 you will be getting is either a mid punch, low punch, slow knee launcher, or a grab, which is pretty much it. Go test it out. Try grabbing at the end of her punch strings, watch it hit every time.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
You don't seem to understand the fact that virtually all of Mila's moves are unsafe. Every full string blocked by Mila leaves her open to a guaranteed grab. Try it with Tina, do KP with Mila and have Tina grab right after. The grab is guaranteed. Mila has virtually no guard breaks aside from a slow super punch and Bass kick, her TD's are easily breakable and DO NOT put you in a guessing game, since all you have to do is freaking low throw in order to escape a TD, the only 50/50 you will be getting is either a mid punch, low punch, slow knee launcher, or a grab, which is pretty much it. Go test it out. Try grabbing at the end of her punch strings, watch it hit every time.

Didn't we have this discussion already? I don't think you realize what 50/50 means. If you hit someone with her OH, right? They break it, right? Mila can quickly do a P, or she can do a K, or she can go into 1P, or she can go into an OH. Right? Or she can just do a simple throw, or whatever. The point is it turns into a mix up for her. You breaking the throw still puts her over because she has a chance of keeping pressure. It gets worse if you don't defend yourself right after the break.

Now onto what the subject is NOW. We're talking about her 3H+K. Which making it a guard break can make her too extreme, and I don't mean in a good way. How? I explained it plenty above(assuming you read and understood all that). Stop trying to tell me how to fight Mila, or how her moves work. I used Mila since DOA5 first came out before I dropped her. I used her a good portion of my matches. I know how to use her. I'm aware of what she can do. I'm aware of how to fight her. Just like I'm aware the difference between offline and online. I'm not here saying Mila is OP. I'm here saying making 3H+K a guard break is unnecessary. Which it is. Oh btw. The two guard breaks she do have. You're using them wrong.

Raansu

You guys realize Mila's 3f+k will actually crush high and mid attacks when she's at a disadvantage right? I cant remember how much disadvantage is needed, but Jeffcore does it to me all the time. Making that move guard break while having it also being able to crush and guarantees a ground throw/force tech would just be asinine.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD