"You are tearing me apart, Lisa!" The Lisa Strategy thread

Batcommander

So . . . did anybody realize Lisa's PP gives her +19 on hit? :eek: Technically, just the second punch.
I mean, i always liked this move, but now i know why.

What this means, is that if you land PP4, you can get a guaranteed 4P launcher if the opponent doesn't hold, followed by air throw on the majority of the cast (this is for those like me that try to avoid stun game too much, but +19-20 allows you to be creative). ;)

Accomodate accordingly for holders though; that's why we have BT neutral throw and our other throws, of course.

Also, PP4, followed quickly by BT :P: , gives us a whopping +33 on hit :eek: That's a lot of good stuff to work with.

Cons:
PP isn't a natural combo on normal hit (it's not like you'll ever land an i12 on normal anyways, it's almost always counter hit).​
second P can be held (not sidestepped tho! :))​

DR2K

Lisa can get into CB so easily. :1::P:(high crush):K:(stun) :F: :P: any move to contine stun and CB or high damage throw.

:9::K: causes a sitdown against low kicks and is a great pressure tool against people that tech since she has a built in OH and a guard break off of it. Just a great sitdown stun in general, it's a little slow at 31 frames, but very useful.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
one of my favorite (risky) things to do on knockdown is jump over the grounded opponent as they try to wakeup kick and use BT :1::P: for a counter hit and cause sitdown and immediately use her :7::K::T: OH

not sure exactly how useful it is, but it works for me majority of the time so far.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Lisa can get into CB so easily. :1::P:(high crush):K:(stun) :F: :P: any move to contine stun and CB or high damage throw.

:9::K: causes a sitdown against low kicks and is a great pressure tool against people that tech since she has a built in OH and a guard break off of it. Just a great sitdown stun in general, it's a little slow at 31 frames, but very useful.

For CB set up I also use 66Pk, 7P, F, CB. Also 4KK, 6P, F, CB, or 6P4P, F, 7P, CB.

Batcommander

For CB set up I also use 66Pk, 7P, F, CB. Also 4KK, 6P, F, CB, or 6P4P, F, 7P, CB.
Yep, i use that same 66PK, 7P, CB combo too. Sometimes i'll throw in a jab after 7p to discourage holders. I used to avoid 66pk but it grants such great stun and the first punch tracks; been using it more, but at mid range of course since it's i20. Also, if you manage to whiff 66P, but land the low kick followup, you can get a guaranteed launcher BT 4P from it, as long as they don't hold.

Also, counter hit 1PP, BT PP, CB works pretty good too.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Yep, i use that same 66PK, 7P, CB combo too. Sometimes i'll throw in a jab after 7p to discourage holders. I used to avoid 66pk but it grants such great stun and the first punch tracks; been using it more, but at mid range of course since it's i20. Also, if you manage to whiff 66P, but land the low kick followup, you can get a guaranteed launcher BT 4P from it, as long as they don't hold.

Also, counter hit 1PP, BT PP, CB works pretty good too.

Oh yeah another one I use. 1PP, 7P, CB.

Batcommander

Oh yeah another one I use. 1PP, 7P, CB.
You can also substitute BT K for BT 7P to make your CB mixup stronger; it lands the same stun as 7P and yields similar results. Also, BT 1p has the same frames as BT 7p too, but it requires a little more damage to reach CB threshold.

Random note:
You can get a guaranteed 33K launcher after PP as long as the opponent does not hold. You have to buffer it a bit since the stun is short, but it works reliably. Follow up with air throw.

Neige

BT 7P can be stagger-escaped before your CB hits. The only guaranteed against stagger-escape stun extenders into CB are 1PK, 4K and PP. PP is interesting because even if the first P gets you past threshold, the second P won't knock your opponent away.

ailingeternity

I think people need to start implementing :6::P::8::K: into their comboing game. It's an amazing string launcher that gives more height than her other front facing launchers. Yes, it can't be used with critical burst but the payoff for landing it is awesome. The juggles she can land after it are very powerful. Before any of you say it's a high finisher, think about :3::F::+::P: to punish those low hold spammers...

Batcommander

Another use for splash feint:
After knocking an opponent down with 6KK, if they don't tech roll, you can force them up with 9K, then splash feint to end up behind them.

Tones

Premium Donor
Used it today once or twice during offline games. Works well on the snow stage and home.

Batcommander

Yeah, it'd be nice if they moved the hurt box up on the move, or even on just the splash feint. I've been mid kicked out of it before -_-

Also, anybody found a use for KK6K? I don't really use K strings anyway, but i find this move redundant since KKK is superior and they're both mid kick finishers, with KKK leading to launch 4P. KK6K is faster by a few frames but it still blows. I'm just writing it off to Lisa's useless move bin atm.

Ailing brought it up earlier, but wakeup FK is really hard to hold. I don't know if it was like this in DOA4, but the first kick is low, and the consecutive kicks are mid :eek: I was wondering why people always got hit by this; now i know why.

The range is fantastic too, and if you don't follow up with the second trip kicks, you get a nice, deep stun to work with.

ailingeternity

The only :K: string I use is :K::6::K: since her :K::2::K: doesn't trip stun anymore, it gives decent stun and has BT transition, :K: itself it great to use from mid range.

In DOA4, wakeup :F::+::K: was easily held, DOA5 introduced more 2/3 in 1's which I believe this move is now. It's so easy to set up CB after it, the first low is also pretty unseeable and once you get hit by that you're in trouble. I usually either :6::P: then CB or :6::P::8::K: afterwards.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
:6::P::P: ~ :4::H+P: / :426::H+P: - :4::6::H+P: -:6842::H+P: (Deja Vu) is my favorite mixup with lisa

most of the time people expect you to finish the string but you can blow them up (if they hold) with :4::H+P: and create space for some Carrera mind fucking. Of course I dont need to explain Deja Vu lol.

honorable mention to :6::6::P::K:

i never see anyone use this mixup that goes straight into BT.....its pretty boss imo

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD