Your General Complaints about DoA and Other Fighting Games?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah I think Alpha is heavy on mind games, her most dangerous moves have to be used on Prediction.... not on Reaction.... well there are two attacks that are very reactionary, and they just so happen to be the fastest moves of their type in the game. Her 2T and her BT 7K. Thats a i3 Frame low throw and an i8 Frame Mid Kick.
I don't understand one thing. Alpha 152 is very fast, and alot of her moves are quicker and more rapid than kasumi, but why is her speed 4/5?

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
The online community of most fighting games are trash and full of keyboard warriors who aren't about that life in person. And I hate that developers still haven't found a way to make decent netcode, although I've gotten some decent matches on my connection in Ultra and Tekken Tag 2. But that's to be expected, because fighting games aren't really meant to be played online anyway.

Lulu

I don't understand one thing. Alpha 152 is very fast, and alot of her moves are quicker and more rapid than kasumi, but why is her speed 4/5?

Its her Kicks that are slowing her down, her Neutral Kicks are fast but the rest ars slower compared to Kasumi....

Kasumi also has her Hoshinpo Stance which is much much faster than Alpha's FLOAT Stance.... Kasumi's throws are Faster Too.

Alpha's Teleport Hold only puts her behind her opponent in her normal stance, she does gave a parry that lets her Tackle.... Kasumi on the other hand has a Parry the lets her get behind her opponent and instantly puts her in the Hoshinpo Stance for Guaranteed Damage of all kinds conpared to Alpha who only has the Guaranteed Tackle.

Alpha's Back Flip is also slower than Kasumi's, but Alpha's Back Flip puts her in the FLOAT Stance.

If I had to be honest, Alpha isn't too far off from Being a Grappler.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Its her Kicks that are slowing her down, her Neutral Kicks are fast but the rest ars slower compared to Kasumi....

Kasumi also has her Hoshinpo Stance which is much much faster than Alpha's FLOAT Stance.... Kasumi's throws are Faster Too.

Alpha's Teleport Hold only puts her behind her opponent in her normal stance, she does gave a parry that lets her Tackle.... Kasumi on the other hand has a Parry the lets her get behind her opponent and instantly puts her in the Hoshinpo Stance for Guaranteed Damage of all kinds conpared to Alpha who only has the Guaranteed Tackle.

Alpha's Back Flip is also slower than Kasumi's, but Alpha's Back Flip puts her in the FLOAT Stance.

If I had to be honest, Alpha isn't too far off from Being a Grappler.
I think she's a speedy grappler at best, because her throws are highly emphasized and needed when playing as her. Her combos are good, but are quite linear and some hit in the same hit level the entire time. But I know that you can stop it midway, and when the opponent throws out a missed hold, you can HC throw em!

Lulu

I think she's a speedy grappler at best, because her throws are highly emphasized and needed when playing as her. Her combos are good, but are quite linear and some hit in the same hit level the entire time. But I know that you can stop it midway, and when the opponent throws out a missed hold, you can HC throw em!

Yep... thats pretty much Alpha in a nut shell, lol she can end a round with two throws. Against Leifang I like to use her B.U.R.S.T. raw, that oughta put a stop to those parrying Shenanigans. :oops:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yep... thats pretty much Alpha in a nut shell, lol she can end a round with two throws. Against Leifang I like to use her B.U.R.S.T. raw, that oughta put a stop to those parrying Shenanigans. :oops:
Right! XD When I fight Leifang, I like to hit her, stop and wait for her to to try to parry, and i shut her down with a reset throw or Her tele throw

Lulu

Right! XD When I fight Leifang, I like to hit her, stop and wait for her to to try to parry, and i shut her down with a reset throw or Her tele throw

Thats one of the reasons why I'm using La Mariposa now.... her ResetThrow is 6 Frames and grants me +11 Advantage. Tina's was 8 Frames and only gave me a +10 Advantage.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Thats one of the reasons why I'm using La Mariposa now.... her ResetThrow is 6 Frames and grants me +11 Advantage. Tina's was 8 Frames and only gave me a +10 Advantage.
Something just dawned on me that I didn't realize until someone mentioned it..they removed High wake up kicks:-0 I feel so foolish

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
There were high wake up kicks ? :eek: When ?
Before DOA5. I think to make the game easier, they were dropped so only low and mid kicks were the only possible options to offensively get up. I found out yesterday because I noticed I never saw any high wake up kicks, and whenever I attempted to, the opponent always held me with a mid kick hold.

Lulu

Before DOA5. I think to make the game easier, they were dropped so only low and mid kicks were the only possible options to offensively get up. I found out yesterday because I noticed I never saw any high wake up kicks, and whenever I attempted to, the opponent always held me with a mid kick hold.

LoL.... lucky me I only jumped in at 5 Vanilla.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
LoL.... lucky me I only jumped in at 5 Vanilla.
Lucky. My first DOA game was Dimensions, and transitioning to Ultimate was not easy. Im glad they removed jumping from the game, because it interferes with a lot of commands, and it made the game feel like a loose screw in comparison to the more uptight game we have now.

Lulu

Lucky. My first DOA game was Dimensions, and transitioning to Ultimate was not easy. Im glad they removed jumping from the game, because it interferes with a lot of commands, and it made the game feel like a loose screw in comparison to the more uptight game we have now.

WoW jumping too....Was it like VF5's jumping ?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah might make it harder than mashing for her.
I'm also happy they merged the ground attacks from DOA2 and DOA4 into one. The original DOA2 ground situation was boring, because there were no force techs, you could only use light or heavy ground attacks.

theclassybutler

The online community of most fighting games are trash and full of keyboard warriors who aren't about that life in person. And I hate that developers still haven't found a way to make decent netcode, although I've gotten some decent matches on my connection in Ultra and Tekken Tag 2. But that's to be expected, because fighting games aren't really meant to be played online anyway.
Are you proofreading yourself when you type? This whole post sounds like it was written by a four year old. I don't mean grammar or anything like that, I mean the content of the post. "Fighting games aren't really meant to be played online." That statement has so much bullshit it would make a manure company millions.

Lulu

Are you proofreading yourself when you type? This whole post sounds like it was written by a four year old. I don't mean grammar or anything like that, I mean the content of the post. "Fighting games aren't really meant to be played online." That statement has so much bullshit it would make a manure company millions.

He's right ya know.... Fighting Games aren't meant to be played online..... especially DoA..... in its current state.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD