Zeo's DOA5U Ein Frame Data Chart

TakedaZX

Nah man you're good. I'm just letting you know were on the same page about that move (6p+k)

And yea I really think -8 is a good place for that move. Frankly though, I wouldn't be surprised if they made NH 4K the new bound state knockdown. That's another thing I was counting on because having a untechable knockdown that you can't do anything with would suck. Hopefully TN sees that.

I'm thinking for follow up juggles and stuff:

NH 4K, 6KK (pick up from the bounded state)
CH 4K, 3P, 6KK (basic bnb, more options possible)
HCH/Post CB 4K, 3P, PP6PK (basic bnb, more options available)

But you get my point. Basic and good rewards for landing the move on any hit.

Zeo

I'm not sure how it would cause a bound state, I just don't really see it. Moves that cause that state so far look like things that slam you into the ground (IE His 8P which should be a SDS..., his 236K etc etc, maybe 8K).

But being a bound move would actually be really nice if he doesn't get an untechable knockdown from it anymore. At the very least I'd just like a low launch so I can just do 4K > 66K.

Also considering the apparent bound properties of 8P we could considerably have an enhanced combo from CH 4K.

4K > 8P (Bound) > 3P > 6KK
4K > 8P (Bound) > PP6PK

MajesticBlue

Some Doad changes. I have not kept up with what they said Ein has so far or super familiar with his doa 4 frames so i will just bring up some of the key stuff.

Ok here are some of the changes I see.

6P+K is was still 14 frames but now gives a sit down stun on normal hit. We know this move was changed though. So guessing it is gonna be 19 and a return to being a crumple stun. I think a sped up version his 7P would be cooler critical burst. Ditch the guard break and make it neutral or something or slightly negative.

3K is a 24 frame stun on normal hit and has had its sit down stun removed from counter hit. Making the move much better imo because you can throw out the 14 frame mid kick with crazy range and hit or block confirm it. leaving you with the super delayable follow up.

4K Was an whopping 16 frames. Still -15 on block. It is however range safe even at range 0. Then again you get free attacks at -15 lol. I do agree with Takeda though. The risk vs reward needs to be just right. If they make it fast again I do think it should be unsafe. If they keep it slower It should be safer then -15. Oh yeah, I can't get this to crush highs at all either. Pretty much imo this is Ein's scary STOP ATTACKING FROM DISADVANTAGE! Tool. It being a mid and not a high plays a big part of the equation. I just hope the move is fun to use again and they do right by it. Whatever that may be.

46K was plus 6 on block.
QcfK was negative 3.
3F+K could be negative 3 or 4.
His OH was changed to 66T like all generic OHs in that game.

Zeo

Some Doad changes. I have not kept up with what they said Ein has so far or super familiar with his doa 4 frames so i will just bring up some of the key stuff.

Ok here are some of the changes I see.

6P+K is was still 14 frames but now gives a sit down stun on normal hit. We know this move was changed though. So guessing it is gonna be 19 and a return to being a crumple stun. I think a sped up version his 7P would be cooler critical burst. Ditch the guard break and make it neutral or something or slightly negative.

Honestly, at 19 frames now, a sit-down stun would actually be really nice. Especially considering 8P looks like it might be a bound instead and that's 18 frames. It'll probably just be a crumple stun but it would be very nice as a SDS and would more or less justify the 5 extra frames. I still want my i14 6P+K though.

3K is a 24 frame stun on normal hit and has had its sit down stun removed from counter hit. Making the move much better imo because you can throw out the 14 frame mid kick with crazy range and hit or block confirm it. leaving you with the super delayable follow up.

The sit-down would definitely be better in 5U with the new guaranteed systems but at least it will be easier to combo off of in stun now. I more or less expect this version and the trailer we saw showed that 3K doesn't SDS so pretty safe to assume the DOAD version is what we got.

4K Was an whopping 16 frames. Still -15 on block. It is however range safe even at range 0. Then again you get free attacks at -15 lol. I do agree with Takeda though. The risk vs reward needs to be just right. If they make it fast again I do think it should be unsafe. If they keep it slower It should be safer then -15. Oh yeah, I can't get this to crush highs at all either. Pretty much imo this is Ein's scary STOP ATTACKING FROM DISADVANTAGE! Tool. It being a mid and not a high plays a big part of the equation. I just hope the move is fun to use again and they do right by it. Whatever that may be.

....16 frames? Ugh. It needs to be safe if they keep it that slow. Otherwise it can be a little unsafe like Takeda said.

46K was plus 6 on block.
Wonderful. It better stay that way in 5U or at least go back to +5. It's always been
slower than Hayate's so there's no reason for it to be +1 like his is currently.

QcfK was negative 3.
Stupid. 33 Frame holdable mid kick that's disadvantage on block. It should either be unholdable and neutral/+1 or +2 like Hayate's is or be a holdable +10 ~ +18 Guard break with guaranteed followups like on my chart. There's currently 0 reason to use that move outside of maybe snuffing wakeup kicks.

3F+K could be negative 3 or 4.
Still silly. Used to be unholdable until DOA4 but now it's unholdable and leaves him at disadvantage and backturn. Unlike Hayate's 4F+K it's not fast, it's telegraphed and slow. It should be unholdable and around a +1 ~ +2 Guard break. Even that's not all that threatening if Ein's at BT anyway.

His OH was changed to 66T like all generic OHs in that game.
It'll be changed back to 236F+P. I can pretty much guarantee that.

Interesting changes. Can't wait to see what ends up being the status quo when people go to Summer Jam and come back with the skinny on this guy.

MajesticBlue

Do any CB moves sit down though? I would be shocked if they left it a sit down. Not to mention it is a shallow sit down stun. He really could not connect all that much to it. SE or not it just pushed them too far back. I think it may be his Doa 4 Ch 3K sit down.

3K. While i see what your saying about sit down stuns I can't see them making this one. Maybe on crouching opponents? If it did SD a guaranteed 6KKK could be kinda cool since that is one of the few moves that reach. Or if F+K no longer breaks the threshold and gave him a guaranteed stun into a mix up. My problem was that if you get the SD the follow up launcher will always wiff. Even if they fixed that it would be cool.

What makes you think it will be changed back to 236T? 66T makes a lot more sense to me as an OH command. Didn't almost all the grapplers lose there 236T generic offensive holds? Those that had them anyway. I can't remember. Now we all gotta place out bets hahah.

Can't wait to hear about some Ein. Looking forward to using him once we get 5U.

*edit* a change i forgot! His 2P is negative 1. ._.

Last edited:

Zeo

Do any CB moves sit down though? I would be shocked if they left it a sit down. Not to mention it is a shallow sit down stun. He really could not connect all that much to it. SE or not it just pushed them too far back. I think it may be his Doa 4 Ch 3K sit down.
It will most likely just be his old DOA4 Crumple stun, but it would be amazing if it was a SDS. That's all I was saying really. No not a single CB in this game sits down. But also no other character has a 13 frame launcher!

3K. While i see what your saying about sit down stuns I can't see them making this one. Maybe on crouching opponents? If it did SD a guaranteed 6KKK could be kinda cool since that is one of the few moves that reach. Or if F+K no longer breaks the threshold and gave him a guaranteed stun into a mix up. My problem was that if you get the SD the follow up launcher will always wiff. Even if they fixed that it would be cool.
Considering Hayate's 3K was a SDS for about a week before they nerfed it I don't see Ein's being one even on crouched opponents. A Guaranteed 6KKK or 9P would be wonderful if It did though. Just give the sit down enough pushback. Not that it matters since Ein's reach is Godly on most of his attacks.

What makes you think it will be changed back to 236T? 66T makes a lot more sense to me as an OH command. Didn't almost all the grapplers lose there 236T generic offensive holds? Those that had them anyway. I can't remember. Now we all gotta place out bets hahah.

It may very well be 66T now that you say that. But I see 236T making more sense for the OH. Guess we'll just have to see.

Can't wait to hear about some Ein. Looking forward to using him once we get 5U.

Same here.

*edit* a change i forgot! His 2P is negative 1. ._.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! But Hitomi's 2P is +1 in DOA5. Chances are Ein's will be that too so I'm not worried. +2 would be amazing though. It would effectively make him mini Akira.

TakedaZX

@M. Blue - Thanks for the info bro. :)

@Everyone - I could see 3K as a SD stun on crouching any hit. Guaranteed 3KK, 3P, 6KK just flows together well in my mind among other things.

I think Ein really deserves that 13i launcher though and @Zeo, It can give the bounded/flop state as well because 3h+k for Ayane doesn't really have the description of slamming down but it has the bound properties on NH I believe it is. Check some of the footage and you'll come across her doing it on Ryu.

Overall it wouldn't be that OP as the flop state either. If they're gunna say it is then Kasumi's 7K needs to stun on NH. This is balance my friends -sarcasm-

Zeo

I suppose it could work then, anything would be better than a tech-able knockdown for sure. But I also stand by a low launch for a 6KK followup as well. It's not a lot of damage but it's something, and something free you get on NH which is still great.

TakedaZX

I suppose it could work then, anything would be better than a tech-able knockdown for sure. But I also stand by a low launch for a 6KK followup as well. It's not a lot of damage but it's something, and something free you get on NH which is still great.
I'm pretty sure the bounded state would allow for a 6KK pick up, but whichever works, that's fine with me. In the end we both just want 6KK on NH to be the juggle.

Reactions: Zeo

MajesticBlue

Unless it got a damage buff it seemed more like an annoying tool he has more then anything. Unless it wall slumps or whatever. I don't remember but that move interacting with walls doesn't ring a bell. A tool is still a tool though.

TakedaZX

Well, I get that Jag, I really do but even with him not getting new things, he is a striker at heart. I guess it makes sense for Brad to have one because most all of his options from Laydown are easily checked by a 2P. Sometimes even a 1P like Hitomi's.

Giving him the Laydown OH makes him have a weapon to really make him feel more deadly while giving a bigger risk for himself if he's low thrown.

JL's makes sense since his lows are subpar at best. (2H+K is ok but slow to get out and doesn't cover much distance unlike Hayate's. 1K is good too since it opens up on NH but it trips on CH so it's basically there for pressure on people who lock up). The Dragon Gunner covers that weakness but the grab itself giving a free hit into a 3 way mix-up (not including the throw mix-up after 6H+K or dash in p6p).

The grapplers make sense because... they're grapplers and Ryu's got some wrestler type shit going on so... I can deal with him being considered a grappler (214T, 2T, etc... etc.)

For Ein it just doesn't fit well... but... I'll definitely take it. I'd just rather see improvements to his striking before giving him the OH deal.

JAG THE GEMINI

Yeah i agree with you that it is a bit wiered to see Ein having his OH back. But maybe he just needs everything
he can get to be competitive in DOA5U.

Last edited:

Zeo

I'm thinking it's because he's very basic and that will potentially hurt him here more than any other DOA in series history. He lacks...

- Advanced Holds for additional damage (Hitomi/Ayane/Hayate/Rig/Busa/etc)
- Parries (Akira/Gen Fu/Eliot/Lei Fang/Hitomi/etc)
- Frame advantage/useful guard breaks/traps on block (Hayate/Akira/Rig/Lei Fang/Sarah/Pai/etc)
- The best of speed (Mid-Wise) (Christie/Kasumi/Jann Lee/Sarah/GenFu/Hayate/Akira/Pai/etc)
- Advantage/Stun vortexes (Akira/Christie/Jann Lee/Helena/Bass/Rig)
- Wall vortexes (Lei Fang/Christie/Bayman)

He's very basic which could potentially hurt him a lot in this game. He might not even have the best of damage. How is he hitting harder than Akira, Bayman, Jann Lee or Gen Fu? An OH might not be the best thing to give him but it's something for sure. Especially if they don't do his frames justice. If he doesn't have the safety, damage and advantage to make up for his lack of advanced tools he's going to struggle here like he never has before.

Also the OH is nice but what he could really use is his crouching OH. That effectively rapes Brad, Helena and Christie's low games. Brad's done laying on the floor, Helena's done trapping you with NH stun lows and Christie's JAK low sweep game is done.

Last edited:

TakedaZX

I'm thinking it's because he's very basic and that will potentially hurt him here more than any other DOA in series history. He lacks...

- Advanced Holds for additional damage (Hitomi/Ayane/Hayate/Rig/Busa/etc)
- Parries (Akira/Gen Fu/Eliot/Lei Fang/Hitomi/etc)
- Frame advantage/useful guard breaks/traps on block (Hayate/Akira/Rig/Lei Fang/Sarah/Pai/etc)
- The best of speed (Mid-Wise) (Christie/Kasumi/Jann Lee/Sarah/GenFu/Hayate/Akira/Pai/etc)
- Advantage/Stun vortexes (Akira/Christie/Jann Lee/Helena/Bass/Rig)
- Wall vortexes (Lei Fang/Christie/Bayman)

He's very basic which could potentially hurt him a lot in this game. He might not even have the best of damage. How is he hitting harder than Akira, Bayman, Jann Lee or Gen Fu? An OH might not be the best thing to give him but it's something for sure. Especially if they don't do his frames justice. If he doesn't have the safety, damage and advantage to make up for his lack of advanced tools he's going to struggle here like he never has before.

Also the OH is nice but what he could really use is his crouching OH. That effectively rapes Brad, Helena and Christie's low games. Brad's done laying on the floor, Helena's done trapping you with NH stun lows and Christie's JAK low sweep game is done.
Yea I feel you. Like I said, I'll take it but I feel like this half-assed job of never [truly] improving him and taking steps forward in his growth even though he's no longer part of the actual story.

I mean I will acknowledge these specific changes.

1. :4::K: made 13i
2. :6_::K::K: used to be :6::K::K: but they made it 6KK so that he could combo with it. This was a very good change.
3. :2::H+K: used to not exist. It used to only come from strings so you never had a frame advantage low in 2U (maybe 3)
4. I don't know if :6::P+K: has always been 14i, but in DOA4 I'll recognize this as well as a change.

So his moves are good, his damage is [good] for what it's worth. His grabs are good (for a striker). He doesn't need an OH, but once again I'll take it...

But I'd rather see him come as DOA4 Ein, EXACTLY DOA4 Ein. I don't want to see a repeat of DOA5.03a Hayate, stripped of his good things and given some good things to try to say, "oh but he has this".

Trading out Hayate's 1KP/1KK for a unsafe tech crouching mid will not make up for losing his best nearly unseeable low poke. Taking away his 2KK will not be any better just because he gets a trip stun from 2K. His new wind dash won't make up for the loss of:

1. His best safe poke. (4H+K, because it was 15i and now it's more than twice as slow at 32i undelayed, but now it's a cross of the two when DOA4's 4H+K should've been put in instead and the wind dash K could've stayed as it was on release date)
2. His best ranged low. (236F~2K which could be running 2H+K like Christie granted 3H+K is moved to 6H+K)
3. His best grab (style points) (Hokage is still there but it comes from the wind dash grab on a BT opponent. Get this though, it's less damage than the regular wind dash grab. Regular = 58 dmg, Hokage on BT = 55 dmg... why?)
4. His best and ONLY real way to get behind his opponents guaranteed, except at the wall. (His tele which is back but different now).

This topic isn't about Hayate I know but this is just an example of what I don't want a repeat of. Ein was my first, my original, my bread and butter character. He's why I took so well to Hitomi, (besides my fondness of her appearance). Hayate felt right as well and even better in some cases.

I don't want you guys to have to face what I did when I had to work with Hayate through this past (almost a year). I don't want Ein screwed up.

Pushing down 6P+K to 18i frames won't be made up for by anything else that they could do to him except giving him a [new] move that does the same thing. Making 1KK not launch won't do anything but weaken his in stun pressure his pressure since he'll have one less launcher when he's already lacking any good mid punch launchers. (3P is weak yet his best one in reality... but it's not a true launcher. All that leaves is 1KP, and 9P. 1KP comes from a string. 9P is all that's left and while it's good it requires you to force Ein out of back-turned for a mediocre juggle. Instead of taking things away they should be adding to him.

I mean if their reasoning is, "Oh since Ein doesn't exist in the story there's no reason to make real improvements to his style", it's simple. Extend the story for "Ein": Ein Σ (Sigma). The alternative to Kasumi Alpha. He runs across Hitomi and some how Hayate comes in contact with him as well. Instead of killing him, they just... let em live... and... as creepy as this is now sounding, Hitomi will get what she wants. Lol...

In the end, most all of us will as well. This will give them the reason to upgrade him because now there's growth overtime...

Also, good news guys. 3P, 6KK probably won't be his bnb anymore. The juggle mechanic that didn't allow for two moves to be used twice in a row in a juggle (In example, Zack 8K, 6K, 6KK
is going to be gone. Ein may be able to 6K, 6KK now.

Last edited:

JAG THE GEMINI

I agree with you... I tried to get a feeling for DOA5 Hayate early in this game but this Hayate should never be compared with his older older versions(DOA3/DOA4). Let´s hope Ein won´t face the same fate.

TakedaZX

I agree with you... I tried to get a feeling for DOA5 Hayate early in this game but this Hayate should never be compared with his older older versions(DOA3/DOA4). Let´s hope Ein won´t face the same fate.
#FIXHAYATE #BUFFEIN

Make the movement known, and also hit up the "Ein in DOA5U" topic and check out my ideas (Zeo's coming soon) and feel free to post your own. We might not be heard in the end but overall I don't mind. As long as we get it out there.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD