“Alright then... let us begin the experiment” NiCO General/Gameplay discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining_Wave

Bummer they went with a cute kid... i guess they want to appeal to a new generation of DOA fans. Nothing wrong with that. I started with DOA3 so old timers like myself are like, 'damn kids get off my lawn!'

3 out of the 4 most recent additions to the roster are little girls. Sigh....

Shining_Wave

Also i posted this in a thread now locked away forever due to squabbling. Seems appropo to put it here where it belongs.
NiCO.jpg

Macca Beam

are you sure? counting from 5 arcade it's three out of nine (7 if you disregard guests, 5 if you also disregard recycles)
marie, kasumi 4, nyo, honoka, raidou, naotora, mai, diego, nico

but it's understandable if you forgot diego lul

as an old timer (around doa2 or something) who has had a mouthful of kasumi in different wigs (except for lisa, still the most distinct female in the og cast!), i welcome them. if they did this 8 more times and repeat history again i would be mad, but looks like they're at least trying to avoid overlaps in the body models and personalities here.

and all i'm gonna say is this, if people are really grown ups, adapt and/or get along. a thread full of different flavors of "where are tits" just isn't it. it's only gonna get more crowded from now on with the way TN is extending its appeal coverage.

---

on the left/right hand rules

i have to congratulate them for masking it that well, as i initially thought she was just doing random anime handsigns. typical handsigns look exactly like that without the bent middle finger. i guess one day somebody just walked to the office all like "hey this was in a physics book and it looks chuuni as fuck, nakama, we should smash them together" and this is the result.

Last edited:

ShinobiOfTheWind

My thoughts concerning NiCO :

+ I like her personality and her to make experiments to create cyborgs and technological weapons.
+ her second costume (the red one) seems so better and makes her more... mature.

- Her age : she's too young to really be fluent as a talented scientist and to confront Christie as she does.
- Her look : she's too much manga for me.

So : 40% cause she could have been so much better. Her personality corresponds more with a character like Miss Monday (Yaiba) or Sniper Wolf (Metal Gear).

Nikotsumi

Damn haven't read news about DOA6 for a while and now I find this character reveal.... what can I say, I really like her, design (mainly colour) and gameplay wise.
Definitely gonna use her, oh and her name is good too lmao

UpSideDownGRUNT

Well it's basically become a discord meme that I will be a NiCO main, but actually I might try her out at launch.

I don't really wanna be yet another "Ein main that picks Hitomi" anyway.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Hopefully she isn't too slow on the startup attacks. Also hopefully some good GBs and maybe even an OH.

No, I think you are on to something. Her start-ups will probably be horrible, and her recovery doesn't look to be great on moves that put the opponent into a back turned status. Based on the reveal trailer she will barely have time to get in one basic move.

I think in terms of learning curve she could end up being comparable to Phase 4, but we will see I guess. Based on what I've seen of the new characters Diego will be a beast and I'm almost willing to bet money he will be a tournament winner for year 1 and it might take a while for the community to build a counter to him.

NiCO might win something early, but I have my doubts. Characters that are too slow take a long time to understand. Other than (DOA5)Raidou and Honoka, 'High level players' also tend to really enjoy picking new characters, so early on she will no doubt get tournament use.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I posted it in the graphics thread already but I thought I would also post it here since we see some more of Nico:

From what I saw from the first attack, it looks like she has a 2-in-1 electric move that causes a faint stun into a crumple stun on NH which I think is pretty neat. I imagine it'll be useful but also unsafe

It also looks like they gave Naotora's H+K knee launcher to her as well, and she has a nice string that causes a bound. Also I may be tripping but it looks like she also has her own version of Hitomi and Hayate's 236P as well xD She definitely looks like she'll be dealing some good damage when the game comes out.

NightAntilli

I was thinking... NiCO... Why the capital C and O? Then I thought, maybe, it's related to chemicals... So... Nickel, Carbon and Oxygen.. Closest would be Nickel Carbonate, which has the formula NiCO3. And then I was stuck.

Pure speculation on my part. Might simply be a coincidence too. Or maybe she really is made of Nickel and CO. Would maybe explain the lightning.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
She moves a little slow but man does her power make up for it. She's got strength behind them punches, for sure. Im digging her animations too. Happy my opinion of her changed for the better, she's very unique
I also love her style, she doesn't seem to fight dainty at all and has a way more brutal style than I thought although the animations and her idle pose seem a bit awkward xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD