"まだまだ^^" The Kokoro Video Thread

Jiraiya-Sama2390

Thanks a lot buddy. Ill look into it. I noticed a big difference with your style compared to mine. I mean im still learning, but i seem to be more aggressive lol I've only played against a few friends, but im slowly getting better. I got my friend pissed off (in a joking manner) cuz i kept beating him lol We must have played over 200 games or something idk. Then my wrist gave in lol About say 4-5 hours straight and man what a blast. Im going to try and record footage cuz i would seriously love some feedback. This being my first doa game i play as Kokoro(since i dont own an xbox) and i really love her style.

Yeah, I try to base my game around spacing and whiff punishing since I come from a Tekken background, but once I get a good enough life lead, I'll kick it up a notch depending on the opponent

HoodsXx

So I recorded this with my PHONE! (YAH! Anyways, I picked her up 2 days ago, so don't expect miracles from this. ^^

NightAntilli

the throw after :3::P::F+P:, leaves you at +5, so you can get a guaranteed neutral throw. Iirc, her 3 part throw is 12f, with the +5 adv from :3::P::F+P: it'll come out in 7f. So you can be able to get the 3 part throw
Actually, it's not guaranteed if it leaves you at +5. The grab connects at the 6th frame, not the 5th. I also just tested it in training mode, they can simply punch you out of it or escape your throw. It's far from guaranteed.

Jiraiya-Sama2390

Actually, it's not guaranteed if it leaves you at +5. The grab connects at the 6th frame, not the 5th. I also just tested it in training mode, they can simply punch you out of it or escape your throw. It's far from guaranteed.

I'm confused, I thought neutral throws were 5f ?

NightAntilli

Are you a VF player? Frame data is not displayed in the same way as in that game, or most other fighting games. Yeah the grab is displayed at 5 frames, but, that is only the execution frames. The active hit frame is one additional frame, so, if something is displayed as 5 frames, it executes in 5, and it connects on the 6th frame. So basically, if something is 5 frames in DOA, it can be seen as 6 frames of games like VF. You can verify this yourself in training mode.

Jiraiya-Sama2390

Nah
Are you a VF player? Frame data is not displayed in the same way as in that game, or most other fighting games. Yeah the grab is displayed at 5 frames, but, that is only the execution frames. The active hit frame is one additional frame, so, if something is displayed as 5 frames, it executes in 5, and it connects on the 6th frame. So basically, if something is 5 frames in DOA, it can be seen as 6 frames of games like VF. You can verify this yourself in training mode.

Nah, I'm a Tekken player. Thanks a lot for the info though, I'll keep that in mind

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 KOKORO - COMBO VIDEO

Another combo video this time featuring Kokoro. Lets put it this way, Kokoro is a monster! with having great damage output, plenty of sitdown stuns and turn around stuns she has a ton of ways to guarantee damage. She also has really good juggle potential from even a minimal ground bounce. Add to that the fact that Kokoro is the fastest character in the game to be able to get a Critical burst with just giving the opponent 1 chance to guess.

In this video I tried to demonstrate her combo potential as well as gave some examples of her guaranteed followups from sit down stuns and back turned stuns and her faint stun from 66P+K. I also put an example combo vs a Back turned opponent that forces them to stay that way throughout the duration of the whole combo making it pretty lethal. and finally, I showed how she can quickly reach burst with just 1 guess for the opponent in 2 examples.

I hope you find this video both informative and entertaining.

Thank you. ^^

Mavis

God I love Kokoro. Thankyou for the videos, I've been looking for something like this.

KokoroFTW

That guy is so sick, I'm taking some pointers for my newbie Kokoro. Thanks for the links.
You're welcome, and yea i picked up a few things offa him. I believe it was Renarism that was playing with Kokoro but not 100% sure. Either way that is a beast Kokoro player right there.

Hopefully sometime tommorrow i can get some games of him up here for you Kokoro users. I've been trying to use her as my sub but im having a hard time getting used to her movement/moveset but yea for sure i will try to do that asap!

Roroko

Obviously he meant guaranteed after the sitdown stun...

Err, when someone posts a combo stating its a guaranteed combo it's kinda natural to assume they meant the whole combo and not just parts of it :/

If you choose not to count :8::P::6::P: then the combo doesn't work because he wouldn't have reached CB with just :2::3::6::P:, :7::P:.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD