"まだまだ^^" The Kokoro Video Thread

Roroko

:8::P::6::P: is the setup.. And everything after it is guaranteed........ It's not that hard to understand.

Oh OK, next time someone posts a 'guaranteed combo', I'll just ignore any parts of it that are blockable, holdable, slow-escapable and/or side-steppable.

Gotcha.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Oh OK, next time someone posts a 'guaranteed combo', I'll just ignore any parts of it that are blockable, holdable, slow-escapable and/or side-steppable.

Gotcha.

if you do 8P6P leads to a unholdable stun. And of course while you stun you can't block. After that 236P is guaranteed even if you try to slow escape. Because of the range, and speed of the move after 8P6P. You can than do her CB next if you're quick enough leading to a guaranteed CB combo for example. 236P leads to another unholdable stun.

Kiku

Calm down guys, the opponent has only one chance to counter and if he miss, your reward will be a huge combo. Seems ok.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor

I wish to get better with her, so if anybody can offer some advice I'd greatly appreciate it =]

That was actually pretty good. Only thing I would recommand from what I saw is you should use her frame trapping when the opponent get defensive heavy and start blocking a lot. Throwing in :P::K:, :P::2::K: and other pokes in to open them up for a hi counter throw, or launcher. Really work really well against cornered opponents who freaks out and not sure what to do. You also don't want to allow an opponent like Hayate to have space.

synce

What's this about frame traps? I'm just now starting to seriously get into her

The CB setup on the last page is pretty sweet btw. She's got so many ways to get CB on second or third hit but that may be the best

NightAntilli

Kokoro action at 1:18:30 mark

http://www.twitch.tv/freestepdodge/b/344580920

Exciting match... What do you guys think of it?

Also I think he was the only Kokoro player at the tourney, very disappointed there wasn't more
To be honest, sloppy. Dropping quite a bit of combos, failing power blow after burst, always attacking with 66P from a distance, trying to use 1P from very close, always falling for the same attacks from Ayane...

Blue Link

Actually there was two...BlackberryChaos and Me(Riceman). But the character choices were very diverse I have to say.

I also was a Kokoro player in the tournament, but I just entered it to support the game since I'm not very experienced on it yet.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
To be honest, sloppy. Dropping quite a bit of combos, failing power blow after burst, always attacking with 66P from a distance, trying to use 1P from very close, always falling for the same attacks from Ayane...

1. I dropped power blows because there was very little sound and the venue was loud so I couldn't tell if I charged it all the way.

2. Dropped combos were due to PS3 lag

3. I was nervous. I don't usually play that poorly -_-

NightAntilli

1. I dropped power blows because there was very little sound and the venue was loud so I couldn't tell if I charged it all the way.

2. Dropped combos were due to PS3 lag

3. I was nervous. I don't usually play that poorly -_-
Didn't mean to make you feel bad. We all have bad days and moments, and when playing in unusual settings, a lot of things change. I play sloppy too from time to time.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Been grinding it out on PS3 with the new patch. Just thought I'd share some footage for those that do not have it yet.

This was a great match

In this match I tried to make use of tracking strings more because my opponent started stepping a little bit.

These two I just wanted to test the upload feature with

Leifang12

Here is some videos of me playing as Kokoro! My Koko is not that good, but I still manage to come out victorious :)

Murakame

Hey guys I'd like to get some feedback lol.

From what I noticed I need to put her string grabs and stance into use more. I could use some better spacing skills too lol.

NightAntilli

@Murakame
1st video)
- Every time you stand up after being knocked down, you go for 6P6P. You need to mix that up a bit.
- You messed up quite a few juggles by using PPP, rather than something else. Did you panick? xD Try PP2KP or 9PP2KP
- After 1:47, you get hit twice while trying to use 1P. Do not use that move unless you're very far away from your opponent. It's too slow for the range you're using it, which is why you get beat.

2nd)
- You've missed quite a few sidestepping opportunities. Typical moves to sidestep after are 6PPP, 6KP, 66P, 6P6P, basically anything that's safe and mid. People will rarely go with circulars after those.
- At 0:42 you missed a wall juggle after 6KP. When the opponent hit the wall, you could've done 9P, H, 6PPP, for great damage. I think the lack of free cancelling screws you up.

3rd)
- I don't know why you backdashed at 1:38 xD
- 2:08 you get a sitdown stun. That's not the time to use a high attack as follow-up, but a low or a mid.
- Again, you should train your free cancelling. After launching at 2:22 you should easily be able to get three 9Ps in. Was the game laggy?

4th)
- First move. P+K gives frame advantage even on block. There is no reason whatsoever to back off after it, even if it's blocked. And you hit the opponent, which was a great chance to continue your offense.
- 1:27.. 6KP is only useful in open spaces, or when your opponent is exactly in the middle of you and the wall. If they're at an angle, the wall will slam them sideways, ruining your offense. Try another stunning/extending move like 3P, 1K, 9P, or launch with 9K.

Recap:
Don't do the same thing every time you stand up
Practice free cancelling
Be aware of your position towards walls
Be aware of your distance to your opponent and the speed of your and your opponent's moves
Learn the wall juggle 9P, H, 6PPP and when to apply it
Know when you have the advantage and when you don't

Murakame

3rd)
- I don't know why you backdashed at 1:38 xD
- 2:08 you get a sitdown stun. That's not the time to use a high attack as follow-up, but a low or a mid.
- Again, you should train your free cancelling. After launching at 2:22 you should easily be able to get three 9Ps in. Was the game laggy?

Thanks for the reply! Anyway Idk what happened at 1:38 either lol. I must have hit P+K too late because I was going for that throw followup then when I saw it failed I backdashed. There was no point to it though because that grab still gives frame advantage. At 2:08 I was aiming to hit with 7k but I missed the input because I was trying to be as fast as possible since I don't trust the netcode. I really didn't want my 7K to be blocked lol. The same thing happened at 2:22; I omitted a 9p because I don't trust the netcode. I didn't mean to end with 6P6P either it should have been 6PPP.

So whenever I get a wallslam 9P,H, 6PPP is the max damage followup? Also Does Kokoro have guaranteed force tech combos? Something I was considering doing was dropping juggles at certain points so I could tech with 2H+K K.

NightAntilli

I don't know if 9P,H, 6PPP really is the max damage wall slam follow-up, but it's the strongest and easiest one I know.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD