DOA5U [11/30/13] SCD Casuals & Tournament - Inglewood, CA

BloodBurger

I also think we should play on the "Small" life settings instead of Normal life settings. Small life = 270 life, which was the default life setting in DOA5 Vanilla in the 1.03 and 1.03a patch and it balanced the game out. Normal life = 300 life and it allows for sloppy and random play, instead of more safety, better decisions, and precision.

300 life also allows for one more "un-needed" set up or sliver of health when the opponent should have been KO'd already. This isn't a good thing.

Personally I don't care. Whatever you guys want to do. If everyone wants to do it its fine with me personally. Max and Johnny would need to weigh in too.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I tried registering through the link, but after I filled out the form it just sent the email(which BB responded) but didn't send me anywhere to pay? Did I do something wrong? I'm pretty confused.

About the health bar issue I think it should remain normal life. First off we don't want to scare off any of our players now, or in the future who are not used to or know the game well enough to understand the health bar differences. I also think normal life is fine for how this game is now and also in all honestly I have not played DOA offline since October and know I'm hella rusty and wouldn't want to come out to compete to suddenly have to play on small or smallest health. Third I honestly think it's too early to make a decision like that. It's a pretty deep one to make.

BloodBurger

I tried registering through the link, but after I filled out the form it just sent the email(which BB responded) but didn't send me anywhere to pay? Did I do something wrong? I'm pretty confused.

About the health bar issue I think it should remain normal life. First off we don't want to scare off any of our players now, or in the future who are not used to or know the game well enough to understand the health bar differences. I also think normal life is fine for how this game is now and also in all honestly I have not played DOA offline since October and know I'm hella rusty and wouldn't want to come out to compete to suddenly have to play on small or smallest health. Third I honestly think it's too early to make a decision like that. It's a pretty deep one to make.

Cash at the door is fine. We did paypal last time but skipped it for this one.

ikodomo

^ LOL. Glad to see you again man!
I will be bringing along Snakz, Josh and Qyu along for the ride. I have one more available spot in my car if someone wants to go.

Last edited:

ikodomo

This Tournament is going to be so hype! At least 20 players will be participating which beats our previous WNF attendance of 19 players. I'm so happy it's going to be my last one. Thank you for the players that can come out and support our game!

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I told them about it and encouraged them to come out. But I'm not sure (doubt they will). I'm at home now so I'll see what's up. I was at work earlier (and obvious messaging here on my breaks).

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
So me and CJ arrived in Inglewood. HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE LIVE HERE? WHERE ALL THE FANCY ASIAN RESTURANTS AND REAL PIZZA PLACES? But that's okay. Because ya'll better make it up to us like we do in the gangsta nation with some backyard boogie. Don't make me turn into Suge Knight and slap somebody. Starting with Hajin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Requiem

So me in CJ arrived in Inglewood. HOW CAN YOU PEOPLE LIVE HERE? WHERE ALL THE FANCY ASIAN RESTURANTS AND REAL PIZZA PLACES? But that's okay. Because ya'll better make it up to us like we do in the gangsta nation with some backyard boogie. Don't make me turn into Suge Knight and slap somebody. Starting with Hajin.
I'll make sure he gets his old man pills before he arrives, promise.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD