Balance 240 vs 300 life

TRI Mike

It's sad that your description says "Well-known Member" and can't recognize when grap3 is trolling.

Tenryuga

It's sad that your description says "Well-known Member" and can't recognize when grap3 is trolling.

It's not like I have to pay attention to the posts and persona of every individual on this site lol. Anyway has anyone else tried this on 240 yet? If so how's it going?

TRI Mike

I have. The only issue I have with it is hold damage. Way too high especially for characters like Bayman who usually have strong normal holds. The rest of the game is fantastic this way, throws punishing, hold animation punishing (via HC throws), strikes, small combos, CB combos, wall splats, throwing someone to a different tier, etc. They all matter. In my opinion, it'd be perfect if hold damage was nerfed back to vanilla status and we play in 240.

I wonder what the pros think about this

David Gregg

bar-png.2897

Attachments

• bar.png
    bar.png
    88.3 KB · Views: 476

P1naatt1ke1tt0

300 is too much, way too much.

And still at least here in Europe many regulars always pick large or largest life, and I can't really do much about it, their lobby, their rules. Sometimes when I have a lobby of my own with normal life, people ask me to set it to large. Pfft..

Playing with largest life feels like chopping huge branchy logs of wood with a rusty, blunt axe.

Dr Drake

300 life is fine or do u want infinities home stage combos back with Leon u can do a 269 guaranteed combo in home,
or think about throw damage buffs its not like t.b.f.c or the m.d.t doing no damage or just the rajin.

U should think before u write a random statement or patch wish.

And learn the game is only out for 2 Months and u are crying yet...............

U guys and are not even using the whole kit from D.O.A. I don´t see People Sidestepping, no throw punishment no Slow Escaping and much more.

And saying we play the Stun-Mix-up Game is just an excuse for playing bad.

There is much much to Improve so learn it and then if can use everything on the highest Level then we ask for a Patch.

Last edited:

TRI Mike

It's not just a matter of how much life we take from the opponent. It affects the very playstyle of the people behind the controllers. We here in Venezuela have a small group were @Tulkas and I are the "leaders" and we played vanilla in 240 the last three or so months before Ultimate came out. The result was that even the novices were playing in intelligent ways, trying to go for nice guaranteed combos after unholdable stuns, using the stages in smart ways, the ground game felt rewarding and overall things were better. Now with 300 sometimes we just "test shit out" in the middle of a fight because even if it doesn't work, it doesn't fucking matter.

240 is the way to go and then reduce hold damage.

David Gregg

I love how people opposed to lowering it keep bringing up the Leon's guaranteed combo in Home argument. That's like...ONE stage and requires you to be in specific locations as well as the opponent to have failed to defend against it. Also, although not as damaging, many other character guaranteed combos in Home are pretty lethal as well. It all goes back to the game not just being about fully understanding your opponents but your environment as well. And like TRI Mike said, lowering the number of mistakes you're allowed to make requires you to play more intelligently.

Dr Drake

man its not only Leon, Jacky for exsample just need table or chair whatever to get around 200 damage of like many others chars plus Defensive Hold Damage and Throw Damage got increased in doa5u. So lowering the Life Bars would also need a new adjust on Throw and Hold again that, it would just hurt the balance right now.
Because by lowering the HP u have so much other things the Rebalance and takes alot of work and its not that easy like it sounds.

240 is to low imo because this is not Tekken this is DoA, when u want lowering the HP then maybe about 280 or 270, and in tekken u dont have the environment like in DoA.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD