6++ Gameplay Overhaul

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
He hasn't won any because he's a coward who hides under the refuge of "netcode".

He's too busy wasting his time labbing unreliable insignificant coconut drops on Seaside Eden. The chances of that happening are zero. And not just because he doesn't play online.

Radiance

But when this scrub revan does shit like removing the relaunch for Kasumi and Phase 4 and leaves Ayane as is, I know he has no fucking idea what he is doing. And removing all bounds at the wall. He's crippled so many characters. Good luck doing any damage with Marie Rose. These changes have actually TAKEN stuff from her. And revan won't buff her because he hates lolis. See how biased this shit is? It's hilarious. The hundreds of games of One Punch Loli bodying his Ayane have scarred him.

And also, fatal stuns unfiltered like this is a terrible idea. There's no stagger escape so you kinda need break holds back, as much as everyone hates them. I don't mind unholdable stuns, but these are a death sentence when you can chain them and you literally with no way out. One wrong guess and you’re eating some good damage, especially now since he made a lot of the stuns force crouch. You get that max launch height plus you can get reset into oki. You get buttfucked.

I was going to leave this thread alone until I realized he gave Helena back her 33P in neutral stance lol. I'm not going for any bound combo's when I can put people in the blender again. Many people hated Helena 33p in competitive play in DOA5 because of that move and the amount of oki she gets. Now she has it back in a game with no break holds or slow escaping?

Last edited:

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
I was going to leave this thread alone until I realized he gave Helena back her 33P in neutral stance lol. I'm not going for any bound combo's when I can put people in the blender again. Many people hated Helena in competitive play in DOA5 because of that move and the amount of oki she gets. Now she has it back in a game with no break holds or slow escaping?
Don't forget Helena can now go into Bokuho stance off of a sidestep.

It's interesting how this mod is making changes to the already strong and meta characters who also happen to the favorites of a particular elitist clique. Hmmm...

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
What? A game that's actually fun?
You have to try new things and add new twists to shit to keep things fun. That's what game developers do.

Nobody is going to play your video game if it's boring and uninteresting.

Imagine crippling a game this hard for your "balance" shit.

DOA6++ is literally all about spamming SSA now.

And before anyone thinks I am being too harsh on this dude, this guy has the hubris to think he's gonna fix the game and disregards criticism.

Look at how UsagiZ and Gulti respond to feedback. They don't respond like the "well ackshually" neckbeard buffoons like revan.

Last edited:

Rev_an

Quick critiques:

SSA: Reverting it back to the meterless 6 Vanilla SS is a lil bit problematic due to the new ground game we've got going. From the games I've been seeing most people aren't ready to get hit by the SSA, which in turn means they're not teching in time because they haven't processed the hit connection yet - it's essentially a free FT if the enemy isn't pressuring with the constant idea in their minds that they may get knocked on their ass at any given moment.

SS P+Ks: They kinda don't make sense and don't really have any point being in here for character stances universally. I think Bayman only should have this as a unique character trait. Marie Rose's roll goes through way too much shit / sideswaps and the rest don't really have any point. Zack doesn't need Fake Roll, Zack Beam, Ducking or Sway out of SS, but SS Slide Roll works. I would never use this unless I want an impressive flash read but what's the point if I can just SSA, you feel? Jann lee's Dragon Stance out of SS is pointless since he's not really getting anything better than SSA out of that stance, same with Leifang doing Unshu, or Kokoro doing Heichu. Maybe we should be putting DOA5 SSAs back in instead of this?
give people time on the SSA tech up it's like day 3. there's a bunch of new oki in other places (including at the wall, like doa 5. that was going to be an official patch before they dropped support) where you better be getting up, so i'm hoping we can all learn to be ready to tech.

SSA putting you into a must hold is kinda gross and i doubt we'd end up there. I can see non-critical stun but that's an enormous buff to linear characters, and teching up creates about the situation we'd be looking for if it was a +(less than 11) stun on hit.

for the p+k cancels (and mila's and zack's slipperyness) you gotta look at lisa and ayane sidestep p+k from doa 5, and 6 retail. those are incredibly niche in application so I agree that ones like marie and helena are dangerous. i'll certainly revisit them but there's layers to some of these things that I haven't talked about much based on obscure details.

1kk wasn't supposed to be in and is going to go.

Rob, ayane bt 2p never refloated and she lost some guaranteed damage. and she's one of the more affected characters on the bound splats because pkk is really hard to judge distance, and I see people dropping juggles because of the push capsules. Literally takes an extra turn or two to get 300 damage. I'd entertain specifically your feedback more if you didn't make shit up whole ass and being a troll in discord my guy. Meter is gone and staying gone, if you want to play with meter hit up the retail game, 2D games where meter is good, or go make east-orthodox doa 6.

Rev_an

I was going to leave this thread alone until I realized he gave Helena back her 33P in neutral stance lol. I'm not going for any bound combo's when I can put people in the blender again. Many people hated Helena 33p in competitive play in DOA5 because of that move and the amount of oki she gets. Now she has it back in a game with no break holds or slow escaping?
that's actually coming back out, it's creating input issues with 33 and 3_ overloading so, you know, this is why we test and why it's a beta.

Don't forget Helena can now go into Bokuho stance off of a sidestep.

It's interesting how this mod is making changes to the already strong and meta characters who also happen to the favorites of a particular elitist clique. Hmmm...
helena step bokuho (and some of the others) is dangerous and i'm keeping an eye on it.

there's an issue where teishitsu p has the wrong hurtbox and is pretty much useless so cram that libel up your ass. You want me to be more gracious, start by not lying goddamn.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I'm not gonna be able to try this out for a while, but I need to know a few things regarding Christie:

1) Does the Dokuta-Fujin (DF) 6p+k have a hard knockdown property like in DOA4, or does it behave the same as (JAK) 6p+k has since DOA5?

2) Can she go into her standard jab string from 7p like in DOA4?

3) Has the launch height of her JAK/DF p+k on normal hit been increased?

4) Does 214p ground bounce on stun threshold instead of fatal stun?

5) Does 2k have fatal stun property during a limbo stun?

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I don't know about the rest but it does Fatal Stun in the threshold instead of bounce. It's strong as hell against people who spam hold. I like it a lot in this build.

Rev_an

I'm not gonna be able to try this out for a while, but I need to know a few things regarding Christie:

1) Does the Dokuta-Fujin (DF) 6p+k have a hard knockdown property like in DOA4, or does it behave the same as (JAK) 6p+k has since DOA5?

2) Can she go into her standard jab string from 7p like in DOA4?

3) Has the launch height of her JAK/DF p+k on normal hit been increased?

5) Does 2k have fatal stun property during a limbo stun?

1. ohhh that's what happened. yeah they changed the property on that so it uses the new thing not a sitdown, i didn't realize that was also a jak move. it's on DF 6P btw not 6p+k. i think i copied the input from old files so if that's different i don't know who's fault it is. if y'all want consistency between jak and DF inputs i can change it I guess.

2. not yet, idk if i'll get to that she already got a lot and i'm focusing on fixes and other characters for a while

3. i didn't touch it but some general changes have impacted juggles so maybe you get more from close range idk

4. didn't touch it directly, if it used to kneel instead of sitdown then you might not get 214p 214p anymore

5. back hit 6p+k, 2k is a flop knockdown idk if that's what you were asking about

appreciate the interest, hopefully we can play sometime our matches were pretty good iirc

Rev_an

I don't know about the rest but it does Fatal Stun in the threshold instead of bounce. It's strong as hell against people who spam hold. I like it a lot in this build.
huh? it does FS in stun but on overload and critical reversal (just checked you can do 2 in a row starting with NH) it does not stun again

crapoZK

Standard Donor
i'm hoping we can all learn to be ready to tech.
Can't argue against that really, I get it. Let's see how it pans out.

for the p+k cancels (and mila's and zack's slipperyness) you gotta look at lisa and ayane sidestep p+k from doa 5, and 6 retail. those are incredibly niche in application so I agree that ones like marie and helena are dangerous. i'll certainly revisit them but there's layers to some of these things that I haven't talked about much based on obscure details.
See with Lisa and Ayane's SS P+Ks, they have access to their BT stuff and some of those moves are good to start something so I see why they included it there, but you're right they are quite niche in application. I didn't even know they had them until you told me just now, and I was competing back in DOA5 era.

Literally learn something new everyday lol.

huh? it does FS in stun but on overload and critical reversal (just checked you can do 2 in a row starting with NH) it does not stun again
I can't lie I thought that's what he meant. My bad there. I hadn't checked overload.

Rev_an

See with Lisa and Ayane's SS P+Ks, they have access to their BT stuff and some of those moves are good to start something so I see why they included it there, but you're right they are quite niche in application. I didn't even know they had them until you told me just now, and I was competing back in DOA5 era.
lmao yeah right? i played 5 casual for years and didn't know until i was really diving into 6 retail

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Combos that match the low IQ of the character and the people that play him. I was wrong, this truly is a community mod!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
thanks, yeah. if it was less work to do all this i'd love to try wacky shit like doa 1 rules where you have the weird 2.5D movement instead of freestep and all the inputs are wild or putting the systematic changes onto boss raidou and using cheat engine to play him etc.

It sorta reminds me of this (without the busted black screen trick)

- Boss version's EWGF has the same startup, but recovers quicker than the standard one for some reason. Can do combos that's generally not possible.

- Boss's Underworld drop and Super OH does more damage than the standard one.

- Boss version even has a dragon kick. It was never used in story mode on the final battle.

- 8P can cause a sitdown.

- The last hit of PPK is a GB (+4). Also has a raw hit version of it (same advantage).

- Retains the DOA6 214P official launch, best version technically speaking.

- Boss version's 214K is the same one from DOA5LR which was in fact the best one. Causes a launch on hit.

While I don't technically main Raidou since I only picked him up back in DOA5LR due to lack of players, lack of popularity, and lack of forum information at the time (during the month release), I do believe that the Boss version of DOA6 was the step in the right direction of how the character should be (as weird as it is, minus the black screen ability nonsense). Basically any form of Raidou at this point such as DOA6++ mod and even the official retail default version, was arguably far better than the one in DOA5LR for numerous reasons.

You'd more often find me on Kula/Rig/Hayabusa/Diego than going on Raidou, though I am familiar to do just about every single thing in his movekit and the throws to provide you with the input and feedback that what you did for the character just now is definitely a good start in the right direction. Nice work Rev.

Hopefully I can get some fun games with Kwiggles again back to back and many others at some point as I didn't have a legitimate reason to play DOA6. At the moment i'm way more curious for other characters, especially Diego.

Last edited:

Rev_an

It sorta reminds me of this (without the busted black screen trick)

- Boss version's EWGF has the same startup, but recovers quicker than the standard one for some reason. Can do combos that's generally not possible.

- Boss's Underworld drop and Super OH does more damage than the standard one.

- Boss version even has a dragon kick. It was never used in story mode on the final battle.

- 8P can cause a sitdown.

- The last hit of PPK is a GB (+4). Also has a raw hit version of it (same advantage).

- Retains the DOA6 214P official launch, best version technically speaking.

- Boss version's 214K is the same one from DOA5LR which was in fact the best one. Causes a launch on hit.

While I don't technically main Raidou since I only picked him up back in DOA5LR due to lack of players, lack of popularity, and lack of forum information at the time (during the month release), I do believe that the Boss version of DOA6 was the step in the right direction of how the character should be (as weird as it is, minus the black screen ability nonsense). Basically any form of Raidou at this point such as DOA6++ mod and even the official retail default version, was arguably far better than the one in DOA5LR for numerous reasons.

You'd more often find me on Kula/Rig/Hayabusa/Diego than going on Raidou, though I am familiar to do just about every single thing in his movekit and the throws to provide you with the input and feedback that what you did for the character just now is definitely a good start in the right direction. Nice work Rev.

Hopefully I can get some fun games with Kwiggles again back to back and many others at some point as I didn't have a legitimate reason to play DOA6. At the moment i'm way more curious for other characters, especially Diego.
yeah i looked into the boss stuff, but we're not set up to do that kind of swap (unfortunately? i think) blackout would be weird to balance so i'm torn between new cool moves and not having to work harder.

the recovery thing reminds me that i might be able to copy the properties that cause the frame data over at least...

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
yeah i looked into the boss stuff, but we're not set up to do that kind of swap (unfortunately? i think) blackout would be weird to balance so i'm torn between new cool moves and not having to work harder.

the recovery thing reminds me that i might be able to copy the properties that cause the frame data over at least...

Personally i'm against the whole black screen thing, but that one is just me lol.

E-Mann

I haven’t got the chance to say this(as I am not generally on social media often anymore) This DOA6++ was a brilliant idea and needs to definitely be supported. The game is now extremely more interesting and feels more like DOA. Of course there are a few tweaks that should be made but overall I personally like where this is all going. Y’all need to get you a PC ASAP! ⚡️⚡️

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD