About morons online

Dave

Now that I think about it, I see the more high rank characters like to be arrogant and rude. Most of them that I see (in lobbies) are playing against players of a much lower rank (E-C) and they like to taunt every second and spam down moves once K.O.ed. Why is that? I don't understand why an S+ would want to play against a lobby full of F ranks. Insecure? I don't get it. Half of the matches I entered yesterday were ranked and I was put up against B players. One whole rank above me. They love to taunt, teabag, spam down moves. It's silly. The F ranks don't even do that. What a joke.

phoenix1985gr

I dont know why people dont like taunts... I used to love them, but now i wont use them just in case someone gets offended...

Brute

Standard Donor
Now that I think about it, I see the more high rank characters like to be arrogant and rude. Most of them that I see (in lobbies) are playing against players of a much lower rank (E-C) and they like to taunt every second and spam down moves once K.O.ed. Why is that? I don't understand why an S+ would want to play against a lobby full of F ranks. Insecure? I don't get it. Half of the matches I entered yesterday were ranked and I was put up against B players. One whole rank above me. They love to taunt, teabag, spam down moves. It's silly. The F ranks don't even do that. What a joke.
Honestly, some of the best players on PSN are F rank, just because they don't care about playing Ranked Matches and stick to lobbies. I'll join F lobbies at times and find some good fights.

That said, I rarely taunt, as discussed in the taunt thread.

ILYA✰

taunts are there for a reason, and they're cool finishers. Also I find completing a combo worthy, even though the opponent KOs.
only thing I find disgusting is laughter /COCKOHOE/ taunts. Somehow they drive me crazy :D

shunwong

With the current ranking system, anyone who plays enough can reach an S+ rank. I'm an intermediate player at best and I'll reach an S+ rank at some point. I'm already A+.

Dave

Well, in my playing time every S I've seen just annihilates every other player in the lobby, none of which rank above an E. They have like 20+ wins. I get that the ranking system is cheap and I know that some low level players just do simple and lobby and don't bother with ranked.

shunwong

Well, in my playing time every S I've seen just annihilates every other player in the lobby, none of which rank above an E. They have like 20+ wins. I get that the ranking system is cheap and I know that some low level players just do simple and lobby and don't bother with ranked.

I've met S ranked players that were really bad (even I could beat them). Then again, I've met S ranked players that kicked my as mercilessly.

NightAntilli

Ah hatemail... I've heard that I turtle, mash, spam, lag, suck, am a noob, am cheap, can only win with best characters, have no skill, and I probably forgot quite a few.

After playing VF5FS online against quite a few players, I must say the DOA online community is a LOT worse. Out of all the matches I played in VF5FS, I only received hatemail twice, and most of the people I've had contact with were actually friendly.

In the short time that DOA5 has been out, I've had at least 20 occasions where there's some conflict with someone about the way I play, who I play or why I don't let others play. Even though as a general rule for myself, after 10 wins I put myself on the bottom of the lobby so others get a chance, then I get rage from the one who was about to play me why I'm quitting and so on.. People are never satisfied on there.

Dave

I've met S ranked players that were really bad (even I could beat them). Then again, I've met S ranked players that kicked my as mercilessly.

Lol, I hope I find a crappy S. I've won against some A's with my current C+ rank, but that's it.

What does turtle mean? Is that something Helena does?

Omegan Eckhart

Lol, I hope I find a crappy S. I've won against some A's with my current C+ rank, but that's it.

What does turtle mean? Is that something Helena does?
Turtle means when you retreat backwards constantly forcing the opponent to chase you.

...Thinking about it Helena's BKO stance could be a turtle, I always think crab people though.

HiguraShiki

The highly ranked online player mentality:

If you win, you're abusing lag and suck.
If you lose, I'm better than you and you suck.
This all the way. Some people just seriously can't take a fucking loss... then they beat you and act exactly like you stated.
At least it's funny when you beat them and they send you rage mail. It isn't so funny when you lose to them and they send you it though.

Tokkosho

With the current ranking system, anyone who plays enough can reach an S+ rank. I'm an intermediate player at best and I'll reach an S+ rank at some point. I'm already A+.
its actually a lot harder than you think once you get to S as you have to rely on win streaks and if you're only average it'll take you a LOOOOONG time. that is unless you get a few lucky days where all the crappy players are on :p

shunwong

its actually a lot harder than you think once you get to S as you have to rely on win streaks and if you're only average it'll take you a LOOOOONG time. that is unless you get a few lucky days where all the crappy players are on :p

I didn't say it was fast. I said it is a matter of time/how much you play. Some of the high ranked players are really bad, they just seem to be playing 24/7. LOL.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I guess C ranks are considered the "honest, nice guys" to those whom are considered the arrogant, rage-induced "high ranks".

Based on some research, I rarely get flak from anyone - win or lose - since I got that letter grade, as opposed to being a grade D or lower. That's why I'm sticking to it. But I could be wrong... people probably just know I'm that dad-gummed nice.

Raansu

I didn't say it was fast. I said it is a matter of time/how much you play. Some of the high ranked players are really bad, they just seem to be playing 24/7. LOL.

It's easy till you come across another S rank player who takes 800 points from you. Same rank takes an assload of points from you when you lose but a low rank takes like 80 points. Makes no fucking sense.

Roroko

I've never received any hate mail.

That's because I can't bloody find anyone to play with online!!! Fix the f%^$en netcode TN!!!

And I can honestly say I've seen more hate for Kokoro on message boards than online.

Raansu

You can't find anyone because no one is playing it online anymore. Game is pretty much dead.

The scrubs complained that his assist in the godlike mode that took so much work to get into was cheap. No more godlike assist for Wright. No more payoff to balance out the risk taken.

Off topic but that isn't what happened at all. The amount of people that had a problem with that assist was such a minority that wasn't vocal at all on sites Capcom paid attention too.

Not only that but this implies Phoenix Wright does not have a godlike assist already. Press the Witness isn't as good as it seems since its just Lariat but you have to work to get it out. Get Em Missile is an extremely good assist and the go to assist for Wright players like what G.X. demonstrated before he dropped Wright for Hulk.

Why I think they removed it was because people weren't going to use Wright to the intended play style or his full potential and were just going to have him around as Hsien-Ko 2.0 or Haggar that has to put it more work.

A better example would have been Sentinel's nerf in Vanilla Marvel 3, he really isn't that good and only offered a really good assist.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD