All past moves not present in DOA6

KwonJigglypuff

I was thinking we could collect all the past moves which are not present in DOA6.
Some of them looked cool (for instance Hayate's 88K from DOAD or Helena's PP2KP from DOA4).
It would be nice to see some of them back in DOA6. I guess TN still have the animations but they require a few tweaks.

Why ? Because sometimes, TN looks back at the past and bring them back :
Look at Helena's BKO_8P+K who originated in DOA3 or her BKO_P+K which is basically her old chargeable 4P+K from DOA4...

LIST
:hayate:
88K (DOAD)

:helena:
4P+K (DOA3)
PP2KP (DOA4)

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
A good number of power blows and power launchers are missing from most of the cast and:

:ayane:
She's missing her dimensions 2KK which was the 4K kick she has as an ender but I think it was good they removed it. She also had a 214P and a 236P but I think they gave her one attack to alpha 152. She also had a charge attack they removed in doa5

:leifang:
She used to have a 8KKP in dimensions but they removed the string

:kasumi:
Her old 66P was removed to give her her new DOA5 66P. She also had a PP6K6K but all that and her old PPPKK and 3PKK were removed and changed to her new one. She also had Phase 4's 33K but they removed it and gave her her DOA2 3KK.

:kasumi-alpha:
Kasumi and alpha in DOA2 used to have PPKKK but that was removed in doa5 and Alpha also had a jumping 8PPPPP/etc. strings but they weren't given to Kasumi.

:christie:
Had her Jakeiho original stance removed

:tengu::nyotengu:
Alot of his older strings that were OP were removed or toned down for Nyo.

:hitomi:
Had two charge attacks that had the same punching charge start up but one was a kick which I always felt was kinda OP since you can't react to it on reaction since unless you're just a good guesser, you can't quickly react to if it's a kick or punch. They removed the kick in DOA5.

:hayabusa:
Had a projectile they removed in DOA5

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Oh yeah I totally forgot this string existed! It was so cool!

Also, wasn't Ayane's Powerblow move using her old 236P ? If I remember correctly...
I don't think so since her 236P was like a crouching mid attack that she ducked a bit and did like a rising uppercut iirc

Leifasumi

Wish someone would provide videos or clips of the removed moves. All I remember is Kasumi's headbutt being removed after DOA1 lol

JustOwnin

:hitomi:
Had two charge attacks that had the same punching charge start up but one was a kick which I always felt was kinda OP since you can't react to it on reaction since unless you're just a good guesser, you can't quickly react to if it's a kick or punch. They removed the kick in DOA5.

This is exactly what I have to say. It made hitomi charging punch a good move to do. Noe was a mid punch hold. The other was a high kick hold. I can remember happily doing that move a million times in doa4. Hitomi clearly isn’t the best character in the game. I have no clue why they nerfed her like that.

another thing they nerfed is forward+p+k it used to be zero on block.

they also nerfed her d/f + righ trigger which was previously in doa2u b,f+k but the command changed.

the move was +3 on block and was amazingly safe. They nerfed that and it was a really good move because you got frame advantage on block. They nerfed her forward throw. It was its strongest in doa4 where if you got a high counter hold you got a great combo off from just when high attack afterwards.

my theory is they nerf the good stuff from hitomi because they just don’t want her to be anything but average in the game.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
This is exactly what I have to say. It made hitomi charging punch a good move to do. Noe was a mid punch hold. The other was a high kick hold. I can remember happily doing that move a million times in doa4. Hitomi clearly isn’t the best character in the game. I have no clue why they nerfed her like that.

another thing they nerfed is forward+p+k it used to be zero on block.

they also nerfed her d/f + righ trigger which was previously in doa2u b,f+k but the command changed.

the move was +3 on block and was amazingly safe. They nerfed that and it was a really good move because you got frame advantage on block. They nerfed her forward throw. It was its strongest in doa4 where if you got a high counter hold you got a great combo off from just when high attack afterwards.

my theory is they nerf the good stuff from hitomi because they just don’t want her to be anything but average in the game.
I don't know about that tbh, I feel those were wise nerfs but her frames and such are not that good in 6

JustOwnin

I don't know about that tbh, I feel those were wise nerfs but her frames and such are not that good in 6

her frame advantage was the best in 2u and 3.

why do you think the nerfs are wise?Why shouldn’t she have a charge move mix up.

follow my logic here. Hay abuse has a animation he goes into and from that stance he has (to exaggerate) a million options and things he can do from that stance.

but hitomi can’t have a simple charge mix up? It’s just a charge move mixup with two options.

clearly these nerfs are just to make her average and not to good.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
her frame advantage was the best in 2u and 3.

why do you think the nerfs are wise?Why shouldn’t she have a charge move mix up.

follow my logic here. Hay abuse has a animation he goes into and from that stance he has (to exaggerate) a million options and things he can do from that stance.

but hitomi can’t have a simple charge mix up? It’s just a charge move mixup with two options.

clearly these nerfs are just to make her average and not to good.
A charge mix up imo is a broken tool
in doa since the main thing about the game is attack interception and being able to read and hold the opponent. You're not going to be able to successfully hold a character if you have to deal with two charge attacks That have the same start up animation, in that case you're basically guessing since even the most skilled player won't be able to know which move is coming out if they both share the same start up.

Ryu's stance is different, he can go into it from certain attacks and can do it raw but he's placing himself at risk since the stance doesn't have any safety besides if he performs an attack option from it. Same thing with Naotora's Ii Family Creed Stance, there's absolutely no safety from going into it and there's no way to cancel into it from attacks, she has to either do it raw or cancel from her power launcher which means she'll have to have taken significant damage and she has to get a CB to even use it reliably and even then Naotora won't be getting a CB since she's pretty linear.

And yeah I think they nerfed her so she wouldn't be too good, but even then if you play her well you shouldn't have much issue winning with her

JustOwnin

A charge mix up imo is a broken tool
in doa since the main thing about the game is attack interception and being able to read and hold the opponent. You're not going to be able to successfully hold a character if you have to deal with two charge attacks That have the same start up animation, in that case you're basically guessing since even the most skilled player won't be able to know which move is coming out if they both share the same start up.

Ryu's stance is different, he can go into it from certain attacks and can do it raw but he's placing himself at risk since the stance doesn't have any safety besides if he performs an attack option from it. Same thing with Naotora's Ii Family Creed Stance, there's absolutely no safety from going into it and there's no way to cancel into it from attacks, she has to either do it raw or cancel from her power launcher which means she'll have to have taken significant damage and she has to get a CB to even use it reliably and even then Naotora won't be getting a CB since she's pretty linear.

And yeah I think they nerfed her so she wouldn't be too good, but even then if you play her well you shouldn't have much issue winning with her

I didn’t say I had a problem with winning with hitomi. And I agree when played well there is no problem winning with her. I agree with that. I’ve been playing hitomi for over 16 years as my only main and I’ve never been the type of player who says “my characters nerfed and worse than yours that’s why I’m losing” I’ve never said that in my career as a hitomi player which is half my life.

I said she was nerfed.

I deeply disagree with the ideas you stated there about hayabusas stance. Since hitomi can simply be hit before she releases her charge move just like ryu hayabusa can it’s a valid comparison.
‘A mid punch or high kick mix up that doesn’t do anything but give you a little advantage if you charge it enough isn’t broken. A mix up that’s not even a mid or low mix up isn’t broken. It’s just a high or mid mixup. That can’t be broken. Hatabusa has like 80 gagillion options from his teleport stance including out right teleporting but a simple mid to high mix up that’s just a good tool is broken?

no that’s not broken that’s just a good tool. You don’t call everything good about a character broken you just call it good.

I also remember when she had a catch grab in doa4 that they removed and how P+K , down+ kick from doa2u and doa3 was nerfed and made way slower meanwhile all the characters like hayate and others have mid attack to low moves that are still really fast.

hitomi has never been broken. Bass from Doa 3.1 was broken. Rachel before she was patched at the beginning of doa2u was broken. Hitomi has never once had a broken move.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I didn’t say I had a problem with winning with hitomi. And I agree when played well there is no problem winning with her. I agree with that. I’ve been playing hitomi for over 16 years as my only main and I’ve never been the type of player who says “my characters nerfed and worse than yours that’s why I’m losing” I’ve never said that in my career as a hitomi player which is half my life.

I said she was nerfed.

I deeply disagree with the ideas you stated there about hayabusas stance. Since hitomi can simply be hit before she releases her charge move just like ryu hayabusa can it’s a valid comparison.
‘A mid punch or high kick mix up that doesn’t do anything but give you a little advantage if you charge it enough isn’t broken. A mix up that’s not even a mid or low mix up isn’t broken. It’s just a high or mid mixup. That can’t be broken. Hatabusa has like 80 gagillion options from his teleport stance including out right teleporting but a simple mid to high mix up that’s just a good tool is broken?

no that’s not broken that’s just a good tool. You don’t call everything good about a character broken you just call it good.

I also remember when she had a catch grab in doa4 that they removed and how P+K , down+ kick from doa2u and doa3 was nerfed and made way slower meanwhile all the characters like hayate and others have mid attack to low moves that are still really fast.

hitomi has never been broken. Bass from Doa 3.1 was broken. Rachel before she was patched at the beginning of doa2u was broken. Hitomi has never once had a broken move.
The charge one was kinda broken imo, that's why they removed it and kept it to just the punch, and iirc most of the cast has mid to lows including Hitomi. And nah I would say a charge attack having the same charge animation for two moves is a bit much from a gameplay stand point. And I,never said you said any of that xD

JustOwnin

The charge one was kinda broken imo, that's why they removed it and kept it to just the punch, and iirc most of the cast has mid to lows including Hitomi. And nah I would say a charge attack having the same charge animation for two moves is a bit much from a gameplay stand point. And I,never said you said any of that xD

okay it seems we have reached theend. You think it’s broken, I don’t.But their are more Doa players than just us let’s bring one/some of them into this discussion.

@CyberEvil , @Rikuto , @LordXav1er @grap3fruitman what do you think? Was that charge move broken or overpowered to you in doa4?

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
okay it seems we have reached theend. You think it’s broken, I don’t.But their are more Doa players than just us let’s bring one/some of them into this discussion.

@CyberEvil , @Rikuto , @LordXav1er @grap3fruitman what do you think? Was that charge move broken or overpowered to you in doa4?
I don't think you have to @ them, I'm sure if the devs removed something it was for a reason. I just don't think it's smart to have two charged attacks share the same start up animation, that is almost like giving Kasumi two fast launch strikes that look the same until the very attack connects. That makes it hard to read since the opponent won't know what they're reacting to until it's too late

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Almost nothing was overpowered in DOA 4, because offense in that game was fairly terrible. I can see how taking that mixup and placing it in a game with a different system would be problematic though.

JustOwnin

I don't think you have to @ them, I'm sure if the devs removed something it was for a reason. I just don't think it's smart to have two charged attacks share the same start up animation, that is almost like giving Kasumi two fast launch strikes that look the same until the very attack connects. That makes it hard to read since the opponent won't know what they're reacting to until it's too late

the properties of the move makes a big difference in your example. For example a FAST move that's a LAUNCHER is the properties of the move you gave an example for. Hitomi move isVSLOW and just connects with a KNOCKBACK.

A launcher gives you maximum damage when hit.
a move that just knocks back does less damage then launchers because their are no follow up combos.
A fast move is easier to hit than a slow move.

Because of that your example does not make sense.

Fighting games are about opponents not knowing what you are going to do next because you can mix them up. This game is full of strings that begin the same way but end differently so that you hit your opponent if he reads his opponent/guesses wrong.

Hitomi's knock back being two different type of hits is just another standard attack that does the standard thing of just mixing up the opponent.

Mixups aren't broken. Mixups are standard.

That is why the move was not broken at all in anyway.

@Rikuto I remember that baymen in doa4 had I think it was left trigger he would do a jumping kick that was positive on block. I never saw you use it though. My plan was to use it when I picked laymen but I was busy playing Hitomi to ever do that.

Could you expound on your post. Why do you think offense was terrible in doa4? When you say "problematic in another game" do you mean another DOA game and if you do mean another DOA game why do you have that to say?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
the properties of the move makes a big difference in your example. For example a FAST move that's a LAUNCHER is the properties of the move you gave an example for. Hitomi move isVSLOW and just connects with a KNOCKBACK.

A launcher gives you maximum damage when hit.
a move that just knocks back does less damage then launchers because their are no follow up combos.
A fast move is easier to hit than a slow move.

Because of that your example does not make sense.

Fighting games are about opponents not knowing what you are going to do next because you can mix them up. This game is full of strings that begin the same way but end differently so that you hit your opponent if he reads his opponent/guesses wrong.

Hitomi's knock back being two different type of hits is just another standard attack that does the standard thing of just mixing up the opponent.

Mixups aren't broken. Mixups are standard.

That is why the move was not broken at all in anyway.

@Rikuto I remember that baymen in doa4 had I think it was left trigger he would do a jumping kick that was positive on block. I never saw you use it though. My plan was to use it when I picked laymen but I was busy playing Hitomi to ever do that.

Could you expound on your post. Why do you think offense was terrible in doa4? When you say "problematic in another game" do you mean another DOA game and if you do mean another DOA game why do you have that to say?
If you say so xD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD