Alpha-152 Combo Thread

Chapstick

-I usually launch opponents with 8K and 3P. I need to do 3H+K more actually
-I think RUSH is 25f or something like that. Btw 6KKK RUSH lines up perfectly with no SE iirc. All the people I fight on a normal basis like to low hold out of my 6K string stuns these days with the RUSH's and BURST's lol
-2KK2K has 4K/6K against people that don't tech roll

Ending all my strings with 7K whenever possible or her elbows from 6K has been helping me a lot, people like to try to throw punish after these thinking you're unsafe

Lulu

-I usually launch opponents with 8K and 3P. I need to do 3H+K more actually
-I think RUSH is 25f or something like that. Btw 6KKK RUSH lines up perfectly with no SE iirc. All the people I fight on a normal basis like to low hold out of my 6K string stuns these days with the RUSH's and BURST's lol
-2KK2K has 4K/6K against people that don't tech roll

Ending all my strings with 7K whenever possible or her elbows from 6K has been helping me a lot, people like to try to throw punish after these thinking you're unsafe

I haven't had the best of luck with either 8K or 3P..... don't I need more than one hit for a significant launch even at threshold ?
6K.... I don't use this move much.... probably I use it as a filler to build my critical combo..... actually if I accidentally bounce an opponent then 6K packs one hell of a kick. which is odd because 6KKK won't even knock over an opponent.
I think I'm going to focus on the catch grab cause I really need to have a defensive strategy everytime I run of space because Alpha always back techs, she doesn't tech in any other direction besides backwards.

LoL... speaking of which.... Alpha's holds place me alil to far away behind the opponent..... is there anything I can get for free after I teleport ?

Chapstick

I haven't had the best of luck with either 8K or 3P..... don't I need more than one hit for a significant launch even at threshold ?
6K.... I don't use this move much.... probably I use it as a filler to build my critical combo..... actually if I accidentally bounce an opponent then 6K packs one hell of a kick. which is odd because 6KKK won't even knock over an opponent.
I think I'm going to focus on the catch grab cause I really need to have a defensive strategy everytime I run of space because Alpha always back techs, she doesn't tech in any other direction besides backwards.

LoL... speaking of which.... Alpha's holds place me alil to far away behind the opponent..... is there anything I can get for free after I teleport ?
8K gives you KKKK7K at any stun level (even on the superheavies. Literally do 6K 8K KKKK7K NH on Bass and it works somehow). 3P has to be done at threshold or after another 3P so it's not the most useful launch because people like to mid P hold but I love doing it for some reason.

6K is a great move imo. Seems to have crazy priority, is a true mid, nice range move with followups, stuns on NH (lines up a BURST perfectly giving the opponent 1 frame to decide to strike without SE), and has a -4 safe followup

The amount of disadvantage the opponent is at after the hold decides whether or not you have a guarantee. You're usually in close enough range for 6P which will give you another 6P to launch then KKKK7K. To have 6P be guaranteed the opponent has to be at like -15

Edit- what you mentioned before about P+K, it's a very fast tracking move to catch sidesteppers but in stun 3P is better than it in every imaginable way

Lulu

All righty then..... I think I have what I need to pretend to know what I'm doing. :)
I'm actually using Alpha Temporarily.... shes the perfect character to help me learn some good fundementals. I was actually surprised by how many times I lost with her, I think I won like 20 out of 60 matches.....
I didn't know the wake up kick was such a game changer :eek:

synce

Haha yeah people love ragging on Alpha but they haven't actually tried using her. It can be tough against good players if you're not spacing properly. So try not to get pinned against a wall, and use 2P or 7P to stop pressure.

Lulu

I swear I'l never make fun of Alpha again..... well except her green skin outfit reminds me of Flubber especially if you have the OMG feature turned on.... but other than that shes seriously bad ass to me now. :D
LoL... I use to think Alpha Players had it easy... mix ups and Teleports For days. I was surprized by how much harder it is than looks.... actually come to think of it.... XCalibur Blades is the only one I've seen play Alpha..... well I saw Lopedo play alpha too but he's style doesn't mesh smoothly with Alphas skills.

Lulu

Okay so you know Float can be beaten by mids right ? But the hit box on attacks are smaller than I thought... sometimes you can float forward in between your opponents hurtbox and hitbox when their kick is extended and not get hit. Sometimes you can float to the other side but if you do it slow enough then even if the opponent kicks backwards.... sometimes it misses.
I can't do it consistently but maybe you guys will fair abit better.
LoL... the craziest thing just happened to me recently.... I was at The Tiger Show fighting Phase 4 and she was mopping the floor with me.... but all I needed was one Hi Counter Throw to win..... and yay for me because I got it.... But a Tiger Crashed into me and broke the throw.... I lost.... and I was like :eek:
It was the most random thing ever.

Intelligent Alpha

^ Counter Hits! No, you want those Hi-Counter Throws - especially BURST!

Some tips:

Don't always go for critical blasts!
Don't be afraid to get held - Conditioning is a wonderful tool!
String Manipulation (Mindfuck) - don't finish when expected to; finish when not expected to!

Lastly, if folks criticize you for a conservative Alpha, remember, the bigger drawback to a more aggressive one - her holding inabiilty (and this includes the "awesome" parry)

Power without Control is useless!

Lulu

I never complete any of Alpha's strings and try to pick my moves relative to how far away I am from my opponent..... I didn't know Alpha's legs were that slow, I use them at range.
Speaking of which.... I've decided to use the Basic KK strings in my set ups over the 4K and 6K an 9K because these moves give me serious trouble when I use them near a wall or in deep stun.
And why not go for Critical Burts ? Alpha has the most of them, great mix up potential, B.U.R.S.T is nice when I need some good damage but I'm still working on both of her Catch Grabs.... I think they are more important especially since I play Alpha as efficiently as I can, its done absolute wonders for my Fundemental Skills.
Unfortunately I've encountered a new problem......

Intelligent Alpha

I never complete any of Alpha's strings and try to pick my moves relative to how far away I am from my opponent..... I didn't know Alpha's legs were that slow, I use them at range.
Speaking of which.... I've decided to use the Basic KK strings in my set ups over the 4K and 6K an 9K because these moves give me serious trouble when I use them near a wall or in deep stun.
And why not go for Critical Burts ? Alpha has the most of them, great mix up potential, B.U.R.S.T is nice when I need some good damage but I'm still working on both of her Catch Grabs.... I think they are more important especially since I play Alpha as efficiently as I can, its done absolute wonders for my Fundemental Skills.
Unfortunately I've encountered a new problem......

8K, 8KK, 8KKK, 8KKKK (The "ballerina kick" as I call it) - Try it when playing Survival. You can use 4, 6, or 7(9)K or even 4K6K, but distance is a huge factor.

I meant as in don't go for critical burst all the time! As easy as it is to wall Alpha - her wall game is more ridiculous! One combo I did I got 131 dmg points - that's 18 less than BURST on Hi-Counter; yet, the simplest of setups into BURST, especially on a hold - good night!

BREAK is easy to execute - 8T; RUSH - 23663214T. Instead of BREAK - opt for OBORO (33T) You cross up faster and don't run the risk of a low hold if opponents expect 8T (Of course, you can low throw punish as well - 2T; however, players will eventually start to spaz holds. You may or may not want this.)

What is your other issue?

Lulu

8K, 8KK, 8KKK, 8KKKK (The "ballerina kick" as I call it) - Try it when playing Survival. You can use 4, 6, or 7(9)K or even 4K6K, but distance is a huge factor.

I meant as in don't go for critical burst all the time! As easy as it is to wall Alpha - her wall game is more ridiculous! One combo I did I got 131 dmg points - that's 18 less than BURST on Hi-Counter; yet, the simplest of setups into BURST, especially on a hold - good night!

BREAK is easy to execute - 8T; RUSH - 23663214T. Instead of BREAK - opt for OBORO (33T) You cross up faster and don't run the risk of a low hold if opponents expect 8T (Of course, you can low throw punish as well - 2T; however, players will eventually start to spaz holds. You may or may not want this.)

What is your other issue?
Hey handsome....
Its been a while.
Anyway my other issue is general one, not specific to Alpha. So now that I'm trying to optomize my play style and brush up on the basics, I don't have a single frame to spare to glance at The Interface, I don't know when I have succesfully countered an attack or what level my critical combo is at because I'm just too focused on what attacks to use on what position I'm at on the stage.... sometimes I don't even know when I have red health, or I'm getting beaten in a combo and when I'm getting ready to Ukemi into a counter attack all of sudden its KO, and I'm like :eek: "Already ?!"
I also get mild head aches when my eyes have to dart back and forth across the screen to check on all the Hit Status and Health and Positioning..... sigh.... its exhausting.
You know VF right ? They have Yellow Flash for Counter Hits... its small and it happens on contact in between the two characters..... I wish DoA had that because when I counter hit the message appears underneath my health bar and this is particularly frustrating because with Alpha and a few other characters I change sides constantly.
Does anybody actually play with the Hit Status Off ?

Lulu

Wait hang on..... I thought Alpha had no WUK. Yet I just saw her do a Flip Kick on Wake Up..... is this one of those things thats only possible if she's Face Down ?

Chapstick

The game does have a special flash of light when something's CH or hiC. Might be harder to notice if you have the hit effects on. Idk I can always tell what's what and know what my health's at. Look quick as you're getting juggled.

The WU kick is face down towards the opponent with H+K. It's throw punishable and some people expect it so be careful. It's not directly holdable and causes a SS hold.

Lulu

Oh thanks, sweetness !
Is there anything else I should know.... like how sometimes when the AI uses Alpha she parries my throws.... again this appears to only happen on Wake Up.

Nightpup

Oh thanks, sweetness !
Is there anything else I should know.... like how sometimes when the AI uses Alpha she parries my throws.... again this appears to only happen on Wake Up.
AI Alpha-152 has the ability to teleport anywhere she wants whenever she wants.

synce

AI Alpha-152 has the ability to teleport anywhere she wants whenever she wants.

Wasn't this patched out? I remember she could do a special sidestep and teleport but somewhere along the line that stuff got removed, or maybe she just does it a lot less now

Chapstick

Wasn't this patched out? I remember she could do a special sidestep and teleport but somewhere along the line that stuff got removed, or maybe she just does it a lot less now
As far as I can tell she mostly does it after getting up from being knocked down now. I've had her teleport out of throws but not often

synce

I don't think I've even seen the throw teleport... is it just her neutral escape or can she escape anything? That's pretty cool either way

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD