Alpha-152 Combo Thread

Chapstick

It's really inconsistent outside of the PL juggle. It feels like she either goes through to the other side for the BT 7K or stays 'facing' the opponent as they flip in the air completely at random. Like 4K 4K4 FLT P for example

Nightpup

If you can react in time to whether or not Alpha goes behind them, you can use 7K to hit them if you're still in front of them. ... Sometimes. It's really inconsistent.

Intelligent Alpha

How effective is this BURST combo? H+K, H+K, 6P, 236236T? I found this to be the easiest burst combo for me due to having enough time because of the extended stun on 6P

Intelligent Alpha

Here's a mini-one: 4P, BURST

I did this on the Sarah Bryant dummy (all SE options) - it helped me to get the timing down to get the animation - not to necessarily successfully execute the move. I know I can't get 4P on a blocking opponent as it does throw off my timing. Add this to the H+KK(or H+K)6P setup!

Also, given how BURST/RUSH are side dependent (as I am used to the 236 motion; this was on 360 as well). with the BURST setup on p1's side, I opt for OBORO on P2's side.

P1 setup: H+KK6P, BURST (OBORO) 33(11)T
P2 setup: H+KK6P RUSH (if I can get it) RUSH~OBORO or just OBORO (33/11T)

Last edited:

Intelligent Alpha

Never really thought to do that. I will try it out.

Yeah. Before I used to go for 3K, but that's too obvious! 6P+K works, too, but tis also obvious and dashing is required given 6P+K's limited reach!

Also, 66 + 8T (8T's reach is 3.16 meters; the dashing helps to cover slight distance if you don't think you have it. Of course, you could wait for them to run to you before hitting them with it) And I don't know if you remember the message I sent about the RUSH~OBORO (The hand/arm coming up is crucial here)

synce

Burst is probably the only move in the game that's useful without you even using it. People are too scared to mid hold Alpha so you can just stun launch all day. I usually just Burst at R1F or once people start holding 3H+K

Intelligent Alpha

Burst is probably the only move in the game that's useful without you even using it. People are too scared to mid hold Alpha so you can just stun launch all day. I usually just Burst at R1F or once people start holding 3H+K

Who told you this lie? lmao! That is the first move they often look for or well should I say section as if that's the only one in her hitbox! It definitely seems like the only section in her hurtbox!

But yes, the disrespect is real! I feel bad for even telling people that Alpha is most mid P and K and start blasting highs and lows (lows being what makes her "cheap" - again, the disrespect!) But then BURST, yet players still hold! It is beyond hilarious and I rarely if ever use this move! (Being >20 frames, I think you see why I'm reluctant) Yet, I don't "spam" it or I'll be deemed worse than I already am!

XD

(Btw, I found some FTs utilizing 3H+K, too)

Tenren

as synce said I just mix between all her launchers. If they do throw out a hold, I just throw out burst on the next setup and see if I catch them. 90% of the time it does. If not they are still freaking out enough to throw in 2p

Chapstick

6K/6KK/6KKKK BURST and 4K/4KK BURST line up perfectly with no SE. Plus there's a good chance someone will hold after them. After 6KKK, 8T works but isn't perfect, there's a 5f window to react.

Intelligent Alpha

6K/6KK/6KKKK BURST and 4K/4KK BURST line up perfectly with no SE. Plus there's a good chance someone will hold after them. After 6KKK, 8T works but isn't perfect, there's a 5f window to react.

4P, 8T (All SEs; however, they have to return to neutral - ie: hope they block once they SE) - and no camera bs either lol

Lulu

Their not that many Alpha players are there ?
I actually came here for help.... I'm having trouble maintaining a clean, deliberate and neat playstyle because I can't tell Alpha's Key Moves apart from her regular moves. I know all the critical bursts now.... but I'm having trouble launching with anything other than 3 H+K. I also keep accidentaly knocking down my opponents with 9 K and accidentily bouncing with 4 K.
my fights are so messy..... what are the only moves that I actualy need to be aware of ?

synce

Their not that many Alpha players are there ?
I actually came here for help.... I'm having trouble maintaining a clean, deliberate and neat playstyle because I can't tell Alpha's Key Moves apart from her regular moves. I know all the critical bursts now.... but I'm having trouble launching with anything other than 3 H+K. I also keep accidentaly knocking down my opponents with 9 K and accidentily bouncing with 4 K.
my fights are so messy..... what are the only moves that I actualy need to be aware of ?

3K (and anything leading into it)
2P
Head pound OH
Head asplode throw

Lulu

3K (and anything leading into it)
2P
Head pound OH
Head asplode throw

I don't struggle with those , the last 2 will come naturally to me as my set ups improve.
What about P+K ? Its pretty fast but I don't know the properties of this move.
and I use 4P to close the distance between me and opponent but its not ideal, its range us decent but some times I get counter hit, isn't there something better ? Sometimes I use 3K but its not a particularly fast keep out move..... I often find myself with my back to the wall rather quickly.
Ah yes speaking of the Ground Pound.... how long does it take before this move actually becomes active ? I remember with Tina that you could actually strike her out of the offensive hold if you catch her right at the beggining of the animation, its seem's like it takes a bit longer with the Ground Pound before it actually eats up any strikes..... can use it defensively ? like can I use it right after I wake Up (if I buffer it) ?

synce

There's tons of ways you can use ground pound, and I don't think I've ever been hit out of it. Generally you want to buffer it during a whiff or while opponent is stunned

3K is the best move to spam since it forces opponent to guess between a juggle and her burst throw

So that's a pretty basic Alpha. She becomes more fun when you start using her float cancels. It's pretty easy to bait holds

Lulu

There's tons of ways you can use ground pound, and I don't think I've ever been hit out of it. Generally you want to buffer it during a whiff or while opponent is stunned

3K is the best move to spam since it forces opponent to guess between a juggle and her burst throw

So that's a pretty basic Alpha. She becomes more fun when you start using her float cancels. It's pretty easy to bait holds

That explains why Alphas Critical Burst have a much longer recover than other characters, it seems like its a cross roads move.... its not particularly useful at the very beginning of a set up..... unless ofcourse I'm trying to set up a B.U.R.ST.... 3K does that nicely.
I'm also having trouble with 2K, its pretty generic by itself and its way too strong if you go into 2KK I have no use for this incomplete string cause they fall faster than I can connect something with it..... and 2KK2K and 2KKK are not particularly good, the former just gives me a knock down and the latter just gets held..... often.
oh yes there is a good rush down, 33KK..... I just forgot about it because I can only do it from one side, its a good move on hit since it leaves you in Float and its even better on block since the second kick guard breaks. I think I'l be using this move for Zoning....
LoL...... Floating is so much fun.... you can actually kinda cross someone up if you 9P H K right in their face.... some times Ieap over to their side then float back to my side and kick..... its just so much fun.
I actually float alot, I know Alpha is high a pressure character but I actually play her conservatively. its because I fish for Counter hits alot..... trying to get a stun on normal hit is hard.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD