Alpha-152 general discussion

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Code maybe my wording was bad, Alpha can do okay damage but she has less ways to get it than others. Some people take for granted that counters do more damage than any normal attack. Someone like Ryu or Bayman can take 80+ from a counter, Alpha gets 0 every time. Also AFAIK Alpha still gets nothing guaranteed in 5U and now can be killed by 2 juggles from even the weakest characters.

So while her mixup is improved there are definite nerfs, and that's not even taking into account other characters' buffs. That's why that ban thread is so fucking retarded. Speaking of which I caught a glimpse of Perfect Legend's stream today, where he picked Alpha against a random Bass and called her broken because she won, as if any fast character can't whoop his ass just as hard lol

If anyone thinks Alpha is broken, just challenge me in 5U, my PSN is Rikishi4Lyfe. You pick Alpha and I'll rotate between my 7 mains. All 7 times I will destroy you and that super easy to use, super nooby, super broken Alpha :)

I saw him practice with Alpha and just shut his stream off.

Crext

Standard Donor
They need to replace alpha with a more esthetic cyborg girl. Mechanics aside I must agree that her looks is really off putting and not giving her much love.

guns-cyborgs-science-fiction-artwork-26694.jpg

RoboJoe

Yeah, I agree, Alpha looks really lame. I mean at least make parts of her body drip onto the floor or something to make her seem more like liquid. Right now, it looks like someone just forgot to texture Kasumi.

synce

I don't think she's liquid. If anything her apperance reminds me of early (alpha phase) stealth camo technology

0.jpg

They have an advanced, full-body version of this stuff in the MGS games

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
They need to replace alpha with a more esthetic cyborg girl. Mechanics aside I must agree that her looks is really off putting and not giving her much love.

guns-cyborgs-science-fiction-artwork-26694.jpg

Like the chick from Blazblue that was a boss? Alpha should not be replaced anytime soon, but I'm always down for the next boss character.

And I like pup's logic, if it's in the game it's fair. I don't think I've heard that yet here.

Intelligent Alpha

Would be nice but I don't think they'll bring back 1.02 Alpha, especially 2KKK. It was fun to troll with occassionally but too many scrubs abused it or complained about it

Abused or complained! Even with all the nerfs, people are still complaining! No amount of continuing to remove her dignity will help, but TN thought adding stuff (to what made her already dangerous) would? But what is this abuse garbage when everyone else can and does abuse stuff also? This singling out makes me sick! Seven years and two games + five patches later? People still aren't happy? What more do the haters want? *Spoiler Alert* She's dead now! *Spoiler Alert*

I'm in vent mode today, sorry

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD