Alpha-152 general discussion

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
In short:

I'm going to to Shimbori's office to tell him Alpha's parry fucking sucks. It's horrible, it's useless against moves that have a long range. So there is literally no point at parrying pokes. Kasumi's parry is one of the best tools in DOA. Oh, and it can also be hella blocked. Using a parry should never be as risky as it is for Alpha. Especially when she has no fucking counters.

synce

readImage

Intelligent Alpha

You were the one that I responded to on Facebook lol for me to post it.

I know this! But you see if you can get to the root of my "personal problem" as you put it! I already know I lack knowledge, so it's gotta be something else.

Btw, I saw your post about how most play the individuals like they're the other characters! Wonder why?

Tenren

Still play her. Not really my main as much as she was. I find her 100% better offline then online. I wont even use her anymore online. Unless playing friends. Being able to punish is a major chunk of her game. Online is just stupid when it come to punishing. Hell 75% of the time she get out mashed by slower characters lol

btw she has dlc coming lol, rip of kasumi but its something

Intelligent Alpha

Still play her. Not really my main as much as she was. I find her 100% better offline then online. I wont even use her anymore online. Unless playing friends. Being able to punish is a major chunk of her game. Online is just stupid when it come to punishing. Hell 75% of the time she get out mashed by slower characters lol

btw she has dlc coming lol, rip of kasumi but its something

She gets mashed by everybody; yet, she's the mashiest character there is! Ironic! Even if she evokes, "delayed mashing" (whatever the fuck that is)

Give Alpha her own shit, for fucks sake!

Chapstick

A piece of tech maybe that's probably already been found-

2_H+KKKH+K4 FLT P pseudo tech which guarantees a BT 4P launch. If they do tech roll as soon as they hit the floor you fly out of their range to punish.

synce

That's a pretty cool looking setup, but I think Alpha's the only character that doesn't need PFTs. She can still get guaranteed FTs with 4K. I don't know if it's common knowledge yet but yeah, been that way since they removed FTs (or tried to) :)

Intelligent Alpha

That's a pretty cool looking setup, but I think Alpha's the only character that doesn't need PFTs. She can still get guaranteed FTs with 4K. I don't know if it's common knowledge yet but yeah, been that way since they removed FTs (or tried to) :)

4K, 6K, 2H+K
(if they don't tech up and hold it)
FLT P (see aforementioned; FLT P + 2K/2H+K ... - the broom kick)
The AlpHelena 4K6K (as it's a mid; I wouldn't recommend unless you press Hold quickly)

Sometimes it's wise to back off of FTs though - whether PFT or legit!

Btw, she can delay and manipulate the quantity of sweeps even if she makes them painfully obvious! This is the reason for 2H+K(Hold)4 and all it's variants

Chapstick

What are some guaranteed force techs she has? I know 4K techs the opponent up but idk any situation it's 100% guaranteed.

Intelligent Alpha

FLT P (you can get 8T off of this if you fast enough) 8T, FLT P, 8T

FLT P 2H+K (please manipulate the entire string unless you're sure you get it off)

2K. 2H+K (I'm doing some against Leifang on a wall using 8KKKK to ground her)

FLT P + BT 7K (this produces KB, but I'll call it a FT or PFT if you wish) or FLT P + BT 8K

6K is a FT

4K6K as well (but press Hold immediately) and gotta be near a wall (if they don't tech up!

3H+K (I had to pull it off three times on a wall; stun, launch, FT when Leifang dropped; 3H+K(4x) also worked. Beware of launch height obviously)

If you're doing the KKKKK7K combo, 7K PFT (have to dash to get near grounded opponent; it just happened by chance where I did dash/run when executed on the Leifang dummy)

3H+K (when you get a launch), 2H+K2K2K) [Brad has a similar low launch height, low sweep combo, too)

3H+K(twice) 2KKK (the first and/or second K in 2KKK, should FT often it'll be the first K)

Last edited:

Chapstick

None of that is guaranteed though. I'm asking for stuff that works even with the AI's recovery set to tech instantly. For example go into the lab with Kasumi and do 3H+K H+K 66PP~P+K. That force tech is 100% guaranteed.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD