DOA5LR ''Alright, let's go!'' - Rig Unholdable Thread

KING JAIMY

I've created this thread to share my unholdables for Rig. I've marked the unholdable strike itself in bold. Feel free to post yours too. Here are the ones I've found so far.
Enjoy. :rig:

- After any wall splat -> TLC KKK / PP4KKK / KK4KKK -> Power Blow
This one works on all weight classes except Featherweight.

- 6T -> 6H+K
The second kick of 6H+K is the unholdable kick. The first one automatically whiffs.

- 66T -> 6KK
TIP! Since an unholdable will always hit on Normal Hit, you can extend this unholdable by doing 6KK4KKK. This string is a natural combo on Normal Hit. If you want a stun, you can leave you the last kick and go for 6KK4KK.

- To crouching opponent 2T -> TLC 2K
You have to be very quick for this one to land.

Last edited:

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
Get level 2-3 of the threshold CB< 33k< kk4kk< ppk4< 4h+k.

That's for lightweights.
i think you speak about ppk6k4 right ? not ppk4... and after you do in bending stance 4H+K ...
@KING JAIMY i can do all these unholdable except the 66T--2K(TLC) you really sure this one works ?
when i do 2K TLC opponent do a hold but the 2K dont hit and are not hold...so maybe i do it too fast...

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

i think you speak about ppk6k4 right ? not ppk4... and after you do in bending stance 4H+K ...
@KING JAIMY i can do all these unholdable except the 66T--2K(TLC) you really sure this one works ?
when i do 2K TLC opponent do a hold but the 2K dont hit and are not hold...so maybe i do it too fast...
Do you play on a monitor or TV?

iReally

Yes the pp6k4. Sorry for the misinput

Tulkas

Premium Donor
Thx for sharing Jaimy. I have never used unholdables before. Pls clarify something to me: they work only when the enemy techrolls, right?

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
Thx for sharing Jaimy. I have never used unholdables before. Pls clarify something to me: they work only when the enemy techrolls, right?
They exist lot of situation where you can do a UNHOLDABLE SET UP.
- after a opponent tech roll
- after a force tech (my favorite)
- after a stun end
- with a blockstring delay

To do unholdable set up you need a situation to time your strike.
After a tech roll you have always the same timing we cant delay a tech roll
(a roll yes but not an instant tech roll)
its the same things after a force tech with 7k by exemple you have always the same frame advantage.
so you can time your strike, opponent need 1 frame to do a hold its not like the guard what you need 0 frame to activate.

for exemple :
- if opponent take on NH 7K the follow up K is unholdable but you can guard him. why ? because guard need 0 frame when hold need 1 frame...
- Some character have string unholdable.
- About blockstring, all character have a PP string blockstring, if you guard P you cant hold the follow up, so if you delay at a special frame if opponent want do a hold you have NH
a good use of this is on some other blockstring of rig like
6KK on guard if you fish NH with delay you have natural combo
KK BS on guard if you fish Nh with delay you have a stun, on guard you have +1F

Here my list for these delay on blockstring :

K—DELAY 12F—K TLC
KBS—DELAY 13F—KBS
P—DELAY 13F—P
6K—DELAY 14F—K
P+K—DELAY 19F—K

Last edited:

Tulkas

Premium Donor
They exist lot of situation where you can do a UNHOLDABLE SET UP.
- after a opponent tech roll
- after a force tech (my favorite)
- after a stun end
- with a blockstring delay
Sorry guys, I didn't realize I was getting out of topic. Is there already a thread that explain the general mechanics of unholdbles?

I'm also curious about side stepping, is it i0 as blocking? or i1 as holds?

Btw guys, hope to see u at ROF next June! :D

KING JAIMY

Sorry guys, I didn't realize I was getting out of topic. Is there already a thread that explain the general mechanics of unholdbles?

I'm also curious about side stepping, is it i0 as blocking? or i1 as holds?

Btw guys, hope to see u at ROF next June! :D
An unholdable situation is created when you hit your opponent after they tech roll on their first frame of recovery. They can block because it's i0, but they can't hold because it is i1 and you hit them on the very first frame of recovery. They also cannot sidestep out of the way after an unholdable setup. The only thing they can do is block, otherwise they will get hit!

If I remember correctly, the frame data for a raw sidestep (so 2H+P+K / 8H+P+K, without a sidestep attack) is 1 (20) 5, but I'm not entirely sure on this one. I know @Mr. Wah has a lot of knowledge about these mechanics so perhaps he could provide us with an explanation?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
it's technically 0(20)5 but the way hit detection works out in most fighting games is there's always a frame where it has to render before it registers a hit, so it gives the perception of a 1 frame delay.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD