DOA5LR Analysis of Honoka's Moveset

David Gregg

But damn, it blows that the 必殺 section is so pitiful. I don't see an entrance from neutral so maybe that's why. The new stuff are just another throw and a second part to Raidou's throw.

If you think about it though it gives her a built-in CB (which can be charged), a launcher, or a throw so it's simple but will be a pain to deal with.

Nikotsumi

Huh? I thought she always goes in Dragon Stance again after DS P+K. Where have you seen this?
It is written (in japanese: ヒット時、必殺の構えに移行、失敗時、ドラゴンスタ イスに移行 ) on the movelist and frame data that was posted earlier.
Edit : Probably it was changed, 'cause in the MR vs Honoka video Dragon stance P+K hits and goes into DS again.

Last edited:

synce

Why is janken so bad? Buff pls.

But damn, it blows that the 必殺 section is so pitiful. I don't see an entrance from neutral so maybe that's why. The new stuff are just another throw and a second part to Raidou's throw.

Makes me wonder what that "capable of moves never before seen from any other fighter" thing even means. I bet they will make a clone of her and call it Honoka Ω. Has a nice ring to it.

She is CAPABLE of never before seen moves.... but never uses them. Very clever wording from TN :p

Honoka Omega would be cool though. And make her a shrieking emo to contrast the regular one ;)

synce

Haha she can CB on the 3rd move AND delay the timing? This on top of her speed, damage, mixups, and she's probably even a middleweight... I'm prepared to see a bunch of Honokas at LR tourneys

David Gregg

Actually, it seems that it doesn't need to be fully charged to get a CB off critical level 2, it only needs to be charged a bit (少しためる).
Don't know if Leon's CB works like this too

D@mn...well I guess we know what they mean now when they say in that stance she has "unbelievable strength".

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Actually, it seems that it doesn't need to be fully charged to get a CB off critical level 2, it only needs to be charged a bit (少しためる).
Don't know if Leon's CB works like this too
It does. And it is a wonderful thing.

Edit: It's also a great tool for Leon's 1 guess setups. They hold too early you get a CB.

Double Edit: Oh no, Honoka has 2 guess CB.

Last edited:

FatalxInnocence

Kinda off topic but is she going to be released BEFORE the games release on the 20th ( for me, since I live in Aus. ) due to her releasing on the 17th for U.S.A? Cause I highly doubt I'm going to be able to resist waiting 3 days to play her rofl >_>;; more money down the pooper.

KING JAIMY

Kinda off topic but is she going to be released BEFORE the games release on the 20th ( for me, since I live in Aus. ) due to her releasing on the 17th for U.S.A? Cause I highly doubt I'm going to be able to resist waiting 3 days to play her rofl >_>;; more money down the pooper.
As far as I know, you should be able to download her separately when the game releases in the USA, on Feb 17th. If you're on Xbox, it also depends on what kind of Xbox Marketplace you have. For example, if you have the US Marketplace, you can probably download her on the 17th, if you have the Australian Marketplace, it will be the 20th.

But my question is: Why would you spend extra money if you're going to get the full game anyway? Is it only impatience or...?

FatalxInnocence

As far as I know, you should be able to download her separately when the game releases in the USA, on Feb 17th. If you're on Xbox, it also depends on what kind of Xbox Marketplace you have. For example, if you have the US Marketplace, you can probably download her on the 17th, if you have the Australian Marketplace, it will be the 20th.

But my question is: Why would you spend extra money if you're going to get the full game anyway? Is it only impatience or...?

Just impatience. This wouldn't be the first time I've done it either. I bought Phase 4 on core fighters US version solely cause the AU PSN didn't update properly so she was releasing a week later. She released on 360 for AU but it was at the same time the weird catalog issue was happening rendering the game unplayable. I'm just a really impatient person when it comes to video game things =P

KING JAIMY

Just impatience. This wouldn't be the first time I've done it either. I bought Phase 4 on core fighters US version solely cause the AU PSN didn't update properly so she was releasing a week later. She released on 360 for AU but it was at the same time the weird catalog issue was happening rendering the game unplayable. I'm just a really impatient person when it comes to video game things =P
Fair enough. Although you can blame Team Ninja for this: If only they didn't make her that awesome, then it would be perfectly fine. ^_^

Chapstick

I imagine you'll want to save the moves with forced stance transitions for when your opponent is stunned. If you do that when I'm blocking I can just jab before any followups. (idk if this has already been said in the past 9 pages)

KING JAIMY

I imagine you'll want to save the moves with forced stance transitions for when your opponent is stunned. If you do that when I'm blocking I can just jab before any followups. (idk if this has already been said in the past 9 pages)
Yes, you're right! That would be called a strike punish. It would be indeed more useful to open up people with quick hits like 3P, 6P or 6K which don't force you to transition into a stance. Then extend the stun with any move you like (stance transition or not). I can imagine Honoka's stun game and mix-up potential being outstanding.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD